Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term"..

+5
tac
mynah
Merlin
Brass Monkey
doctorspin
9 posters

Go down

Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term".. Empty Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term"..

Post by doctorspin Fri 11 Jan 2008, 09:59

So it's not only in cricket

Bit of a stupid thing to say, but whaddau all think?

BTW I can't stand the Daily Mail, but I look at it online for a shocking laugh at the "real middle England" Actually it makes me despondant.
doctorspin
doctorspin

Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term".. 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term".. Empty Re: Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term"..

Post by doctorspin Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:01

Dunno WTF happened with the thread title....DELLO!!!!!!
doctorspin
doctorspin

Back to top Go down

Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term".. Empty Re: Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term"..

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:03

I think she's fit and should come my way for some rehabilitation. I'd bang that racism out of her.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:04

PC gone mad ...

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:04

confused

Suggesting that doing something to prevent a player from taking the field is the only way to stop him from winning is an oft repeated joke. A bit blood-thirsty, perhaps, but WTF does it have to do with race?
mynah
mynah

Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term".. APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:05

mynah wrote:confused

Suggesting that doing something to prevent a player from taking the field is the only way to stop him from winning is an oft repeated joke. A bit blood-thirsty, perhaps, but WTF does it have to do with race?

Lynching is very much associated with the Klan in the southern US states . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:08

Yeah, was possibly just a poor choice of murder. She could've said anything from "F*ck his face til he dies" to "Feed him to sharks", but she chose the most common form of racial killings in a place stil blighted with slack jawed racial discriminators.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:10

Mind you, what a big-mouth cunut is that Al Sharpton . . . someone could hang that piece of shit from a tree any day . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by noelene Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:14

But I always associate the wild west with lynching.
Hopefully she doesn't lose her job.Suspend her until the fuss dies down,and let her apologise,or does anybody believe that was a racist comment about Tiger?It sounded like a compliment to me.

noelene

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:16

Hanging was a regular 'sport' at Tyburn for several hundred years.

So, does a black fan screaming "String the bastard/f**ker/a***hole up" at a white West Ham (3 miles from Tyburn) forward who misses an open goal, constitute a charge of racial hostility?
Of course he bloody doesn't!!

Just a thought Wink

The point being - if racial hostility was not and never was intended in the first place, WhyTF pander to pseudo PC merchants who seek to impose their blind arrogance on the masses with their myopic take on what is or should be deemed "correct" in this world.

Again - FFS.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:19

I feel sorry for that poor thing, she didn't have any ill-intentions behind it. I'm sure
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:21

Batfink Begins wrote:I think she's fit and should come my way for some rehabilitation. I'd bang that racism out of her.
Hmmmmm, I predicted someone would come up with the "fit" comment and I thought the most likely suspect would be Batty-Boy; funny that. And it was the first response, didn't predict that.
doctorspin
doctorspin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:23

doctorspin wrote:
Batfink Begins wrote:I think she's fit and should come my way for some rehabilitation. I'd bang that racism out of her.
Hmmmmm, I predicted someone would come up with the "fit" comment and I thought the most likely suspect would be Batty-Boy; funny that. And it was the first response, didn't predict that.

Fark orf you fist-f*cking, rim-licking, sh1t-kicker. I posted a serious comment, so suck my a-hole while I rinse myself off.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:28

Yes ........... well ...............errr............

Follow THAT !

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:39

Batfink Begins wrote:
doctorspin wrote:

Fark orf you fist-f*cking, rim-licking, sh1t-kicker. I posted a serious comment, so suck my a-hole while I rinse myself off.
Batty-Boy in serious post shock! Very Happy
doctorspin
doctorspin

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Fri 11 Jan 2008, 10:55

Batfink Begins wrote:Yeah, was possibly just a poor choice of murder. She could've said anything from "F*ck his face til he dies"
Not sure that would have been considered a much better choice on air... Laughing
mynah
mynah

Golf Presenter Suspended for Using "Racist Term".. APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 11 Jan 2008, 11:25

doctorspin wrote:
Batty-Boy in serious post shock! Very Happy

I'm a Love Albatross.

mynah wrote:Not sure that would have been considered a much better choice on air... Laughing

No probably not, but who knows until it's tried.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 11 Jan 2008, 11:41

Jesus, anyone can see what she meant by what she said.

All she has to do is make a statement saying it was an unfortunate phrase to have used given the history but it was not said with that intention and apologise if anyone was offended by it.

PC types tend to love the drama though
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Fri 11 Jan 2008, 11:55

JKLever wrote:PC types tend to love the drama though
As can be seen from this forum activity and the Harbi-Symo thingy. Cool
doctorspin
doctorspin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniyan Fri 11 Jan 2008, 12:23

Head our department (a director) walked in to the finance office and said "Morning everyone". A collegue of mine has stuttering and couldn't complete the sentence. The director took the micky out of him by mimicking him in front of around 10 shocked people and walked out asif nothing happened! Evil or Very Mad
Anniyan
Anniyan

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : sl

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniyan Fri 11 Jan 2008, 12:27

Another one!
Anniyan
Anniyan

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : sl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down