Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview

+21
Aditya
furriner
buckSH
Blackadder
Chivalry Augustus
OP Tipping
Big Dog
Bradman
Fred Nerk
skully
lardbucket
Henry
Ethics? The Gall!
Lara Lara Laughs
Brass Monkey
taipan
PeterCS
embee
JGK
horace
Red
25 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview - Page 5 Empty Re: Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 10:33

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
vilkrang wrote:
Haven't really been keeping up with FB due to pesky real life recently, but out of interest are you still putting up any pretense of A) being male and B) not being the former poster everyone knows you are?
i dont pretend to be or not be anyone you ****** dickhead. you can think what you want it doesnt change anything
Was just a question, not sure it really warranted such a vitriolic response.

On the other hand, it clearly touched a nerve so it did answer my question at least.

Back to top Go down

Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview - Page 5 Empty Re: Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 07 Jan 2016, 11:47

Who cares who's who? At the end of the day, we all finish ourselves off.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Thu 07 Jan 2016, 12:03

wifey said that it was female colleagues of Mel who took umbrage since Gayle didn't flirt with them. Why only her ? Suddenly it all began to make sense.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 07 Jan 2016, 12:04

@BM:

Not in a circle we don't.

Or in a reacharound contract.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 07 Jan 2016, 12:36

Admittedly, I haven't been to a circle jerk for a while, but I'm pretty sure you finish yourself off. ASAP.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 07 Jan 2016, 12:41

Brass Monkey wrote:Admittedly, I haven't been to a circle jerk for a while.

you don't want to waste any taddies ...

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38068
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 07 Jan 2016, 12:48

Brass Monkey wrote:Admittedly, I haven't been to a circle jerk for a while, but I'm pretty sure you finish yourself off. ASAP.

PeterCS wrote:So that's what we were doing wrong.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 07 Jan 2016, 14:17

lardbucket wrote:

Damn straight - jizzing for pleasure is a young man's game.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 08 Jan 2016, 00:26

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Gayle. I'd say so publicly but I don't want to be hauled up in front of whatever group of pseudo human beings has been handed the tarpot and dead bird this week.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 08 Jan 2016, 00:28

Brass Monkey wrote:
lardbucket wrote:

Damn straight - jizzing for pleasure is a young man's game.

Cheer up. Life in the old dog yet.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 08 Jan 2016, 00:41

Bradman wrote:I'm beginning to feel sorry for Gayle.  I'd say so publicly but I don't want to be hauled up in front of whatever group of pseudo human beings has been handed the tarpot and dead bird this week.

I agree with you, from the point where - it seems - he's made a pariah, a shunned outlaw. The disproportionality swings the other way.

Might be good if he was offered some sort of advisory session, though. With a (preferably female) perspective based on different experiences from his own - in the hope he "gets it" - and apart from anything else, gets beyond making an ass of himself.

"Don't be a dick all your life", as the saying goes.

PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 08 Jan 2016, 00:54

Someone was a dick and a lot of people went disproportional. Probably turn out to be the 21st century's epitaph. Only 15 years in and I already want to get off.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 08 Jan 2016, 00:58

Bradman wrote:Someone was a dick and a lot of people went disproportional.  Probably turn out to be the 21st century's epitaph.  Only 15 years in and I already want to get off.

Maybe sometimes you need disproportion to stop other people being dicks.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 08 Jan 2016, 01:04

And maybe everyone needs to chill out. The guy was hopped up on adrenalin and she's a big girl. A slap on the wrists for being a little bit stupid
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 08 Jan 2016, 01:16

A proper apology from Gayle as soon as the interviewer showed her annoyance at his unwelcome attentions would have gone a long way.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Fri 08 Jan 2016, 04:19

Bradman wrote:Someone was a dick and a lot of people went disproportional.  Probably turn out to be the 21st century's epitaph.  Only 15 years in and I already want to get off.
someone whos already been a dick a number of times and got away with it so thought he was immune
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Fri 08 Jan 2016, 05:42

u can't fault a man for being a dick !

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 08 Jan 2016, 08:13

Is this our Karti?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/959435.html

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 08 Jan 2016, 08:16

yes ... a fine karticle, and I think India won the series 4-0.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Fri 08 Jan 2016, 10:06

Karti, fine chap he is, has not been able to underline the real reason behind this maelstrome. It is typical of 'white societies' since the start of the process called 'globalization' wherein societies have been sought to be integrated to make a giant cola market for an american conglomerate to shift their guilt onto non-whites. Examples for this are many.

gayle tried to flirt or mock a white hostess. Ofcourse she was not welcoming and he didn't flow. Her male co-hosts and co-commentators were heard sniggering and laughing at her displeasure in the background. It is what happens when a lot of 'mates' get together and make it a males club. You poke fun at the odd-man-out or here it is the odd-woman-out.

gayle would surely have received many leading comments from his colleagues on how Mel McLaughlin was up for the game and he took it sportingly but was not too sure of himself and was not sure if he would end up looking like an ass, which he ultimately did and thus the hesitation all around.

Now the TV Hosts and the oh-so-sanctimonious Aussie cricket chief thinks that Gayle has to be singled out and made an example since that is convenient for him and like-minded aussies because looking inwards into what they did wrong can prove to be far more slippery and difficult.

So hey here's an easy target, a black guy .. wouldn't have made any difference if the one stammering out a proposal was an Asian/Pakistani/Indian/Bradfordian/Bangaldeshi/Zimbabwean or whatever. The point is the need of the hour was to pick a low hanging fruit and play a con game on all.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 10:10

Honestly can't believe that this is still being talked about in the media or that Gayle is facing serious ramifications. Again, he didn't say "Suck my cock, bitch", he complimented her flirtatiously and then said "Don't blush, baby" .  People are acting like he grabbed her tits or something. He looked like a tit, move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Fri 08 Jan 2016, 10:17

ACB can't finger the all-aussie mates club aka Australian Cricket, I mean go to the locker room if he (Peter Sutherland) wants to hear sexist jokes. So this is appropriate and then there are people who are satisfied with this hypocrisy.

From the time of Malcolm Speed i have said, each time these idiot aussies take a decision. It takes cricket down a notch.

Gayle is right to be furious.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 08 Jan 2016, 10:46

Who is Peter Sutherland? You seem confused.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 08 Jan 2016, 10:58

What an absolute load of bullshit this has become.

The 'holier than thou' attitude of some current and former Australian players towards all this is vomit-inducing. I bet they never called Gayle a sleaze to his face. Gale is no saint, that's for sure. But there's something unedifying about peers splurging out stuff to the media when an incident like this happens, but not saying anything beforehand. Reeks of cowardice.

Oh, and did you hear about the people evicted from the stadium in Western Sydney the  other night for showing support for Gayle with a (non-offensive) banner?? What a disgrace that they were ejected, and those fans have every right to take legal action, because last I checked, free, inoffensive speech was protected by law in Australia.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Fri 08 Jan 2016, 11:06

Henry wrote:Oh, and did you hear about the people evicted from the stadium in Western Sydney the other night for showing support for Gayle with a (non-offensive) banner??

wow! that happened too ?
so it's not a chip, it's a boulder.

lardbucket wrote:Who is Peter Sutherland? You seem confused.

It's James.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next