Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squad for Aussie tour of India

+22
JGK
Red
Bradman
philcric
SG
Brass Monkey
doremi
JKLever
Nath
taipan
Chandan
The One
tac
skully
Zat
Para Batsman
Henry
embee
PearlJ
Ross
G.Wood
horace
26 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Squad for Aussie tour of India - Page 7 Empty Re: Squad for Aussie tour of India

Post by Para Batsman Thu 25 Sep 2008, 08:47

G.Wood wrote:Will oil be forked. I never thought I'd see the day that someone would think domestic T20 form was good enough for test cricket.

The roads served up for that bear as much resemblance to Injun test pitches as I do to Ron Jeremy

That is a valid point about the pitches but it doesn't mean Watson will fail either as a test player.
Punter wants him Sutherland want's him and so do the selectors.Nothing ventured nothing gained it would be criminal not to give him a chance.

Para Batsman

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2008-08-29
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Squad for Aussie tour of India - Page 7 Empty Re: Squad for Aussie tour of India

Post by embee Thu 25 Sep 2008, 08:52

Para ...that's the same sort of arguments the Lee camp was pushing before the last tour ....he was left out ...we won ...he came into the team later and made it ...it wont be criminal to leave Watto out of this tour ...it would be criminal if he never played another Test ...but that doesnt mean he has to start now ...

I can see Watto being a useful player in the future ...but dont think this tour is his time ...the NSP seem to think differently
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Thu 25 Sep 2008, 08:59

embee wrote:Para ...that's the same sort of arguments the Lee camp was pushing before the last tour ....he was left out ...we won ...he came into the team later and made it ...it wont be criminal to leave Watto out of this tour ...it would be criminal if he never played another Test ...but that doesnt mean he has to start now ...

I can see Watto being a useful player in the future ...but dont think this tour is his time ...the NSP seem to think differently

Surely you can see that now is his time. The absence of Symonds his IPL and WI form and Sutherland's praying for his success because of the Gone Fishin' bungle.

What if Lee had played?

Last edited by Para Batsman on Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:01; edited 1 time in total

Para Batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:00

Para Batsman wrote:
I keep saying his RECENT form has been excellent and he knows India's pitches.

477 runs and 17 wickets and only 27.

FFS! What a dumb qunt
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11981
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:04

Nath wrote:
Para Batsman wrote:

FFS! What a dumb qunt

OK Nath put up or shut up.

WHO is your number six for Bangalore?

Then we'll see who is the dumb one

I'm waiting.

Para Batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:06

Katich, not that he'll get the spot in the end.
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:06

Now you are just acting like a dumb troll, Noid.

Other than the fact that Fleas has tons in the last two Tests for Aus, here is the comparison between Katich and Watson in the last Shield season:

Katich - 1,506 runs @ 94.12 HS 306 5x100 8x50
Watson - 439 runs @ 33.76 HS 190 1X100 1x50

And this closing paragraph from his Wiki entry.

"Watson was expected to be fit for the fourth Test on Boxing Day and the MCG in Melbourne, and because of Damien Martyn's unexpected retirement, it looked likely that Watson would be included in the side. However, another injury setback in a match for Queensland ruled Watson out for the rest of the Ashes series. Watson eventually returned in February to the ODI side, replacing Cameron White in the all rounder position, However he again broke down with injury during the 2007 Cricket World Cup and missed most of the Super 8's before returning in fine style smashing an unbeaten 65 of 32 balls against New Zealand. Injury again struck Watson prior to the 2007 ICC World Twenty20 as he missed most of the tournament due to hamstring strain."
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:10

Para Batsman wrote:
Nath wrote:
Para Batsman wrote:

FFS! What a dumb qunt

OK Nath put up or shut up.

WHO is your number six for Bangalore?

Then we'll see who is the dumb one

I'm waiting.
I'll be filthy if WHI gets no. 6 having not done anything in the slightest to earn the spot. If the NSP is stoopid enough to do that then I'll just shake my head.

If Watson then performs in a match-winning manner, I will be the first here to say the Noid was right. But I won't hold my breath.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:12

Para Batsman wrote:
embee wrote:Para ...that's the same sort of arguments the Lee camp was pushing before the last tour ....he was left out ...we won ...he came into the team later and made it ...it wont be criminal to leave Watto out of this tour ...it would be criminal if he never played another Test ...but that doesnt mean he has to start now ...

Surely you can see that now is his time. The absence of Symonds his IPL and WI form and Sutherland's praying for his success because of the Gone Fishin' bungle.

What if Lee had played?

Sutherland is as much to blame for the gone fishin as anyone ...if CA had properly supported the players during monkey-gate Roy wouldnt be looking for excuses to avoid their bullshit ( Do they really need a late notice team meeting to play the Bangers?)

...and if "form" is the criteria ...look at Roy's recent Test form ...surely they should be bending over backwards to include a player with that form ...Watto's form is usually lying on the physios table getting his hammy rubbed
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:18

Finally then from me. The crab was sent to the WI to replace Hayden as opener.

What's his record at six?

skully Watson was injured while the crab was hitting the short boundary ay North Sydney oval.

Para Batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:19

Not gonna vote in the poll, my friend?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:30

Para Batsman wrote:Finally then from me. The crab was sent to the WI to replace Hayden as opener.

skully Watson was injured while the crab was hitting the short boundary ay North Sydney oval.

685 runs @ 36.05 ....about 16 more than Wattos Test average
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:32

Well i'll be damned........Aussie cricket in crisis!

Fark me, Shane Watson at number 6 for the tests in India, ahead of Katich! scratch
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:34

holcs wrote:Well i'll be damned........Aussie cricket in crisis!

Fark me, Shane Watson at number 6 for the tests in India, ahead of Katich! scratch

That's only being discussed because we've ostriched McGain or Krezja ...that's ozzie CIC
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:35

All the signs look good then ! aye-aye

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:38

embee wrote:
Para Batsman wrote:Finally then from me. The crab was sent to the WI to replace Hayden as opener.

I presume that's test cricket. My my 685 runs.

Impressive experience there.

Para Batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:41

Para Batsman wrote:
embee wrote:

604 more than Watto ....8.45 times Watto ...Watto would have to bat another 30 times to catch that aggregate ....
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:47

embee wrote:
Para Batsman wrote:
embee wrote:

604 more than Watto ....8.45 times Watto ...Watto would have to bat another 30 times to catch that aggregate ....

Watto is 27 been injured most of it and has played little test cricket.

As I said let's wait and see.

Para Batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:48

embee wrote:

That's only being discussed because we've ostriched McGain or Krezja ...that's ozzie CIC
The bloke is a walking injury, who bottles the cr@p out of it when he gets to a test match.

Picking him ahead of a bloke who has scored mountains of runs in the last few months is ridiculous.

And that innocuos trundle he bowls will go miles in India.

affraid
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Sep 2008, 09:59

Para Batsman wrote:Watto is 27 been injured most of it and has played little test cricket.
Ideal preparation for the no. 6 spot on a tour of India.

FMD. Rolling Eyes
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Sep 2008, 10:00

holcs wrote:
embee wrote:

The bloke is a walking injury, who bottles the cr@p out of it when he gets to a test match.

Picking him ahead of a bloke who has scored mountains of runs in the last few months is ridiculous.

And that innocuos trundle he bowls will go miles in India.

affraid
Well, we have been trying to bring that to Mr Noid's attention for about 12 pages, but he appears a bit thick.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Thu 25 Sep 2008, 10:04

skully wrote:
Para Batsman wrote:Watto is 27 been injured most of it and has played little test cricket.
Ideal preparation for the no. 6 spot on a tour of India.

FMD. Rolling Eyes

What test experience do debutants have? No I didn't say Watson was a debutant.

Para Batsman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Sep 2008, 10:08

What?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu 25 Sep 2008, 11:00

Para Batsman wrote:
Watto is 27 been injured most of it and has played little test cricket.

Then it's no big deal if he doesn't get another game. Razz
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Sep 2008, 11:48

I think most of us (and hopefully the stoopid NSP) agree on this, Nath - at least in the short term.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next