Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26

+21
Brass Monkey
lardbucket
Mick Sawyer
OP Tipping
Naeem
JKLever
Lemon
Zat
taipan
Invader Zim
Bradman
PlanetPakistan
mynah
JGK
skully
embee
Red
Nath
Basil
Henry
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26 - Page 5 Empty Re: Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26

Post by Red Mon 26 Jan 2009, 11:51

JGK wrote:Complete and utter humiliation.

Tim Neilsen hit the jackpot with his contract extension. Now that they can't fire the useless pile of crap without giving him a big payout. Sutherland should quit out of embarrassment for that decision alone.

Nielsen is a pile of excrement. In fairness to him he entered the fray at a time when we were always going to decline with the retirements of some luminaries but everything from his selection, tactics, managerial skills and media performances have suggested that he's manifestly incompetent. And he's an ugly prick to boot.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26 - Page 5 Empty Re: Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26

Post by JGK Mon 26 Jan 2009, 11:55

To comment on one of Lemon's near incoherent rants on an earlier thread, it is fine to accept that you are just not good enough but it is not fine to accept that your team is not being given its best chance of winning because of factors that can be controlled.

Presently, the Aust team is starting well behind because of inept captaincy, ineffectual coaching and thoughtless selections.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 26 Jan 2009, 11:59

JGK wrote:To comment on one of Lemon's near incoherent rants on an earlier thread, it is fine to accept that you are just not good enough but it is not fine to accept that your team is not being given its best chance of winning because of factors that can be controlled.

Presently, the Aust team is starting well behind because of inept captaincy, ineffectual coaching and thoughtless selections.

Just as a matter of interest JGK, what changes would you make starting from Perth?

It looks like that SA will be experimenting with some of its young kids so it's a perfect opportunity to do likewise because there is no point trying to go with a consolation win with a tired unit which doesn't look like it will be the foundation of a successful limited overs future.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:03

I think the problem is that you don't seem to have any bowlers.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:06

I think I mentioned some earlier in the thread - Nannes and Hughes in. Tait and M Hussey out.

May as well stick with the openers (although with Hughes in I'd put Marsh down the order where his "sensible" play might be what we are missing.

I'd give D Hussey a couple more chances but tell him that he doesn't need to score at a run a ball all the time.

YT is a waste if he doesn't bowl - there are plenty of better batsmen in the Shield. While I would generally support youth (hence stick with Warner and MILF) it is hard to see YT becoming an out and out top class ODI batsman - ever. On the other hand - if he is playing I'd like to see him have a go as skipper (won't happen of course).

Worth sticking with Horrors because there is no one better but I'd put Krazy in for the tests.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:07

Should add that Katich probably deserves another go but there is no point playing him at this stage. While Nannes is older and I guess not a long term prospect, he can take some of the pressure of a Midge to keep him fresher for the tests.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:10

taipan wrote:I think the problem is that you don't seem to have any bowlers.

Well none if form anyway. With Lee, Clark, Bracken out, Midge out of sorts after his "rest", Tait losing the plot and MILF still inexperienced, it does look light on. Nannes should certainly get a run. Bolly wouldn't be a shocker either (although I'd rather him concentrate on the Shield).

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:16

JGK wrote:I think I mentioned some earlier in the thread - Nannes and Hughes in. Tait and M Hussey out.

May as well stick with the openers (although with Hughes in I'd put Marsh down the order where his "sensible" play might be what we are missing.

I'd give D Hussey a couple more chances but tell him that he doesn't need to score at a run a ball all the time.

YT is a waste if he doesn't bowl - there are plenty of better batsmen in the Shield. While I would generally support youth (hence stick with Warner and MILF) it is hard to see YT becoming an out and out top class ODI batsman - ever. On the other hand - if he is playing I'd like to see him have a go as skipper (won't happen of course).

Worth sticking with Horrors because there is no one better but I'd put Krazy in for the tests.

Agree with a lot of that. One problem is that Nannes at 32 is not a long-term prospect. Marsh looks tailormade for the middle overs where you just need someone to keep the scoreboard ticking along with the occasional boundaries. I guess the selectors got carried away with his IPL form and assumed he'd smash from the outset like he did there. Looks to be a bit average in the field at times.

Perhaps the Husseys are too similar. David looks like he's trying too hard to maintain a strike rate but hasn't replicated his domestic form at the top level. He's playing like Mike did a few years ago except getting out earlier. M.Hussey seems to have batted himself into a hole all summer.

I got the impression they were playing White today to shore up the batting and hope he could play the role of the little Morkel but part circumstance, part his own inability, he wasn't able to fulfil this requirement. And if he doesn't bowl at all you have to wonder if he's in the top six in the country. Would there be better options elsewhere? His so-called power hitting just hasn't eventuated enough at international level. So much for Punter talking his bowling form up before the match. Either it was total bluff or the skipper forgot that he was out there.

Punter also has to take some flak for delaying the batting PP until we were eight out with no genuine batsman at the crease. He seems to get this wrong every innings.

The bowling looks weakish but the batsmen have to take major responsibility for today's disaster on our national day. Had they set a sizeable total there would have been less pressure on our bowlers and the SA line-up which was one batsman lighter than in the previous encounters, would have also felt the heat more. Instead they were able to cruise. Ntini and the Morkels are capable of bowling rubbish but have not been pressured as much as they should have been.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:19

JGK wrote:
taipan wrote:I think the problem is that you don't seem to have any bowlers.

Well none if form anyway. With Lee, Clark, Bracken out, Midge out of sorts after his "rest", Tait losing the plot and MILF still inexperienced, it does look light on. Nannes should certainly get a run. Bolly wouldn't be a shocker either (although I'd rather him concentrate on the Shield).

Still not convinced that Clark is a bona fide ODI bowler and Johnson too can be flaky in this format. Tait will be the Warner equivalent of bowlers. Bracken of course was the major loss but some others who might be useful prospects need to be identified.

Greg Blewett is adamant that Callum Ferguson would be a good addition for the middle overs.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Naeem Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:19

I'd bring Ryan Harris back.
Naeem
Naeem

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:23

Naeem wrote:I'd bring Ryan Harris back.

You would.

Red - I disagree about Ferguson who is very hit and miss. I think international bowlers would make mincemeat of him. I'd prefer a Quiney or Carseldine to Ferguson but neither of those is really international class. Pomersbach and Voges should have really had a chance to cement spots in the JAMODI team this year but their form has been rubbish. I do rate North but not for JAMODIs.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:29

JGK wrote:

You would.

Red - I disagree about Ferguson who is very hit and miss. I think international bowlers would make mincemeat of him. I'd prefer a Quiney or Carseldine to Ferguson but neither of those is really international class. Pomersbach and Voges should have really had a chance to cement spots in the JAMODI team this year but their form has been rubbish. I do rate North but not for JAMODIs.

That could be the real problem. No one is exactly holding his hand up.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:31

Agree. It is a stark contrast to what the likes of Duminy etc have done this summer.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:35

Just let all the Wozzies play. Save money. It's only a farking JAMODI, and a dead rubber JAMODI at that.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:36

Demelza wrote:Why are the Aussies only just realising how good Bracken is?

erm ... some of us are still shitty that he didn't tour in 2005.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:44

lardbucket wrote:
Demelza wrote:Why are the Aussies only just realising how good Bracken is?

erm ... some of us are still shitty that he didn't tour in 2005.

Indeed. I haven't actually haven't heard one Aussie say he's anything other than the #1 ODI bowler in the world. I'd hasten to agree.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:54

I still remember his heroic 5/67 off 10 in the 438 match.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 26 Jan 2009, 12:57

JGK wrote:

You would.

Carseldine has been great this summer but again would only be a short-term option. Has been courageous the way he's fought back from injuries. David Hussey should not be bowling, he's not up to international standard in this aspect of his cricket. We need someone who is a genuine spinner and Hauritz doesn't fit the bill. Krejza still looks a better prospect despite being so profligate at times. Botha is a manufactured product. You must think that there's someone in our ranks who can do a similar job.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 26 Jan 2009, 13:00

JGK wrote:I still remember his heroic 5/67 off 10 in the 438 match.

Though he did drop a sitter off Lewis's bowling when Gibbs was in full flight. Smile
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Jan 2009, 13:07

Red wrote:
JGK wrote:

You would.

Carseldine has been great this summer but again would only be a short-term option. Has been courageous the way he's fought back from injuries. David Hussey should not be bowling, he's not up to international standard in this aspect of his cricket. We need someone who is a genuine spinner and Hauritz doesn't fit the bill. Krejza still looks a better prospect despite being so profligate at times. Botha is a manufactured product. You must think that there's someone in our ranks who can do a similar job.

I think this proves my point. Every time this discussion rears its ugly head, 12 seamers and about 7/8 spinners are thrown into the mix.

To an outsider they all appear to be much of a muchness.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 26 Jan 2009, 13:17

Achilles should be given a crack as the JAMODI spinner

Oz (injury free)

WHI
Bog
Punter
Roy
Pup
Paris
Hadnt
Dung
Ferny
WozzieMidge
Lack

Hattie Suburbs Flooze Fleas as the backup openers

Nicky ShyTYT Hank Pombasher as the middle order back ups ...but under no circumstances should they let Bunky near the team

Wrongkey as the back up keeper ...any state keeper bar Manure really

Invisible Les or Blue Ronny as the back up bits and pieces shite allrounder ...

Achilles , Horrorz or Krazjier if it looks like it might spin

Hilf , Rolf , Subi , Goat , Vicious , Noffers or Bubbles as the backup pace bowlers

and a new coach ...Bring Back Flanders
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26214
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 26 Jan 2009, 13:21

Fark knows who the above all are but Aus wouldn't be far away with Lee,Clark,Johnson & Bracken.

The line-ups you have put out in the JAMODIs remind me of some of the experimental gash we have fielded in recent times
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 26 Jan 2009, 13:40

embee wrote:Achilles should be given a crack as the JAMODI spinner

Oz (injury free)

WHI
Bog
Punter
Roy
Pup
Paris
Hadnt
Dung
Ferny
WozzieMidge
Lack

Hattie Suburbs Flooze Fleas as the backup openers

Nicky ShyTYT Hank Pombasher as the middle order back ups ...but under no circumstances should they let Bunky near the team

Wrongkey as the back up keeper ...any state keeper bar Manure really

Invisible Les or Blue Ronny as the back up bits and pieces shite allrounder ...

Achilles , Horrorz or Krazjier if it looks like it might spin

Hilf , Rolf , Subi , Goat , Vicious , Noffers or Bubbles as the backup pace bowlers

and a new coach ...Bring Back Flanders

Do you set crosswords for a living, Marty?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 26 Jan 2009, 13:50

I tried that , Pete ...people complained they couldn't work them out
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 26 Jan 2009, 14:05

Nath wrote:worst Australia Day cricketing effort EVER!
Gives this game some competition
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next