Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26

+21
Brass Monkey
lardbucket
Mick Sawyer
OP Tipping
Naeem
JKLever
Lemon
Zat
taipan
Invader Zim
Bradman
PlanetPakistan
mynah
JGK
skully
embee
Red
Nath
Basil
Henry
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26 - Page 6 Empty Re: Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26

Post by PeterCS Mon 26 Jan 2009, 14:06

embee wrote:I tried that , Pete ...people complained they couldn't work them out

Very Happy
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26 - Page 6 Empty Re: Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26

Post by Henry Mon 26 Jan 2009, 15:32

embee wrote:
Nath wrote:worst Australia Day cricketing effort EVER!
Gives this game some competition

Actually I think England's 'effort' 2 years ago is the winner. Some of the Aussie media were semi seriously calling for them to get on the first plane back to Heathrow.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Mon 26 Jan 2009, 17:05

Will we even be able to beat New Zealand?
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26 - Page 6 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 26 Jan 2009, 17:08

Should be a good scrap.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Mon 26 Jan 2009, 18:10

Fook me. Just seen the highlights of this. Looked to me a very abject performance by the aussies, whilst the saffas were ruthlessly efficient to be honest.

Not good signs for me that the bowling attack looked less than potent or even controlling without Bracken.

However, its only a couple of JAMODI's. I'll wait before I say too much on the Aussies until the return leg in SA.

The Kiwi's wont put up much of a fight in the Chappell-Hadlee thats for sure!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Mon 26 Jan 2009, 19:33

Another drubbing by SA.
They've shown us up in every aspect of the game and add the media interviews as well.
I was waiting for this tour with so much anticipation and now I'm looking at it with shock I suppose.

Seeing all the suggested Aussie teams, it's obvious we're going to be in this position for quite some time.
A commentator spoke of Ponting having to step up now and be the 'Border' figure, teaching and guiding all these new players into International competence. I just can't see him doing it.
But well done Saffies and you should be mighty proud of what your team's achieved here. I'm in grudging admiration. aces
footwork
footwork

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 26 Jan 2009, 20:42

JGK wrote:To comment on one of Lemon's near incoherent rants on an earlier thread, it is fine to accept that you are just not good enough but it is not fine to accept that your team is not being given its best chance of winning because of factors that can be controlled.

Presently, the Aust team is starting well behind because of inept captaincy, ineffectual coaching and thoughtless selections.
And yet anyone who question's the captain's capabilities after any sort of f*ck up is hot down by CA, the coach has just had his contract extended until after the next WC, and the NSP is seemingly not answerable to anyone. No wonder I've been watching the festiveniss wth Mrs Zat.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Tue 27 Jan 2009, 00:40

One bright moment in the 9 commentary, when Heals was talking about how tough it is on keepers who have to open the batting in the second innings.

Ian: William, can I borrow your handkerchief?
BL: Are you suggesting I've got a big handkerchief?
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Australia v South Africa, 4th ODI, Adelaide, Jan 26 - Page 6 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 27 Jan 2009, 01:49

belated congrats to the saffies...fantastic effort in every match this summer...

our team has been competitive in all matches until yesterday - a point well made by punter.

ponting himself has borne the brunt of adverse comments...he has taken personal responsibility...I would not mind the NSP taking responsibility too esp from the Chair who should immediately resign...

the last match of this series and the NZ series should be used to rest some players (M Hussey and Punter) from at least some matches.

Tait - it seems clear that tait can only bowl in 1 over spells - he needs to go back to domestic cricket and work on his stamina.
Midge - should be rested for Saffie tour
horrors - should return to NSW District cricket
white - should return to captaining the vics if punter is not rested but should play and captain if punter takes a break
Haddit - should return to NSW

Players to 'fill in' - North, klinger, hughes, dorey, griffith - if fit, noffke, hartley/ronchi to wicky, Holland
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 27 Jan 2009, 08:05

Bracken and Clarke recalled for Perth.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 27 Jan 2009, 08:11

OP Tipping wrote:One bright moment in the 9 commentary, when Heals was talking about how tough it is on keepers who have to open the batting in the second innings.

Ian: William, can I borrow your handkerchief?
BL: Are you suggesting I've got a big handkerchief?

Good call by WML.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6