Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who says Americans are "a bit thick" ?

+13
mynah
beamer
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
tac
Ash
Shoeshine
PearlJ
Basil
Jiffymix
JKLever
Makaveli
LeFromage
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who says Americans are "a bit thick" ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who says Americans are "a bit thick" ?

Post by Zat Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:20 pm

I enjoy baseball.

I enjoy American Football.

I enjoy cricket.

I enjoy rugby.

I used to enjoy leeeg.

I enjoy Aussie Rules.

And I enjoy this thought...

The United States of America. A country of 250 million wankers with no word for wanker.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Who says Americans are "a bit thick" ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who says Americans are "a bit thick" ?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:06 am

Zat wrote:I enjoy baseball.

I enjoy American Football.

I enjoy cricket.

I enjoy rugby.

I like those sports too. I like the Boston Red Sox, who are currently winning the World Series three-games to nil.

The United States of America. A country of 250 million wankers with no word for wanker.

But what about the other 55 million Americans?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:08 am

Forum Goat wrote:

Absolutely wrong, my friend. The basic principle is to score a run by rounding the bases, and to reach base(s) is only at best a 30% probability in baseball. Even for an MLB power hitter like A-Rod or Ryan Howard or David Ortiz, a 50 homer season is a great achievement. On average a regular player have about 600 -650 plate apperences per season. It clearly shows that hiting the ball out of the park happens, on average, in 1 out of 12-15 appearences even for the best of power hitters.

As a diehard baseball fan, I feel the basic essence of the game is to try and work the count to your favor whether you are a pitcher or a hitter. On a good day a great pitcher rarely walks even the best of hitters and only allows no more than 4-5 hits per game. For a casual viewer, a tightly pitched game may be a little bit boring thing to watch but for a true baseball fan that's the ultimate fun game. To see your team trying to manufacture a run to win a ball game in the 8th or 9th innings by getting a walki, sacrificing a bunt or stealing a base is much more satisfactory than watching a grand slam home run against an ordinary pitcher in an one-sided game.

No two games are similar or even comparable. Each game has its own charm! Cricket and baseball are not even close to compare. The only similarity is that a round hard ball is hit with a wooden object call bat!

Bang on Forum Goat! I reckon you'd have got on well with the old forum fish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:25 am

Shut up Rob. Baseball is w@nk.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 am

I thought "ball player" was an American term? confused
mynah
mynah

Who says Americans are "a bit thick" ? - Page 2 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2