Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian cricket is not multicultural enough- CA official

+16
Zat
taipan
lardbucket
mynah
please don't yell
Basil
JKLever
Brass Monkey
embee
doctorspin
noelene
Fred Nerk
doremi
tac
JB
Henry
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Australian cricket is not multicultural enough- CA official - Page 3 Empty Re: Australian cricket is not multicultural enough- CA official

Post by JB Sun 28 Oct 2007, 16:36

How do you know what their primary concern is?
JB
JB

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-09-17
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Australian cricket is not multicultural enough- CA official - Page 3 Empty Re: Australian cricket is not multicultural enough- CA official

Post by tac Sun 28 Oct 2007, 16:40

Henry wrote:No, their primary concern is that cricket in Australia could decline in popularity if the many different minority groups arent encouraged more, seeing as these groups make up a substantial part of Australia's population.

Also, it just happens to be the 21st century, believe it or not. And people are a lot more aware of the need to bridge cultural divides for the sake of creating a more harmonious society. I thought many Australians might have realised that after the Cronulla riots. Guess not, in your case.

So they are targeting people not interested in cricket? Good. You said previously that minorities were interested but didn't get selected because of racism. Which is it?

Of course, you are very preceptive in pin-pointing me as a racist. I am obviously a racist as I don't agree with you.

Last edited by on Sun 28 Oct 2007, 16:58; edited 1 time in total
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun 28 Oct 2007, 16:41

I'm a moronist.
JB
JB

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 28 Oct 2007, 16:59

So they are targeting people not interested in cricket? Good. You said previously that minorities were interested but didn't get selected because of racism. Which is it?

Of course, you are very preceptive in pin-pointing me as a racist. I am a racist.

I dunno, maybe they're trying to help these immigrants who are faced with such important questions as,"Who is Don Bradman?" on the citizenship tests that the Australian government is introducing? See? Even the government of Australia thinks that more foreigners who migrate to Aus should have a keen interest in cricket......

Moises Henriques came to Aus from Portugal(Hardly a cricketing powerhouse) 15 years ago. Yet he's moved through the system no problem at all to represent NSW. You'd think that for every young Portugese kid in Aus that showed an interest in cricket, there would be 100 Indian kids that felt the same way.

I guess you'll be voting liberal in the upcoming election? Oh wait, you're not in Aus, are you.
It must be hard for you over there in Japan. Surrounded by so many Japanese people wherever you go. I guess id have to ask why you're there?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Sun 28 Oct 2007, 16:59

Why don't pensioners' knitting clubs get a bigger say in picking the FHM High Street Honeys?
mynah
mynah

Australian cricket is not multicultural enough- CA official - Page 3 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun 28 Oct 2007, 17:02

Moises Henriques came to Aus from Portugal(Hardly a cricketing powerhouse) 15 years ago. Yet he's moved through the system no problem at all to represent NSW. You'd think that for every young Portugese kid in Aus that showed an interest in cricket, there would be 100 Indian kids that felt the same way.

So, maybe the fault lies with the immigrants, rather than CA.
JB
JB

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 28 Oct 2007, 17:05

Henry wrote:

Of course, you are very preceptive in pin-pointing me as a racist. I am a racist.

I dunno, maybe they're trying to help these immigrants who are faced with such important questions as,"Who is Don Bradman?" on the citizenship tests that the Australian government is introducing? See? Even the government of Australia thinks that more foreigners who migrate to Aus should have a keen interest in cricket......

I guess you'll be voting liberal in the upcoming election? Oh wait, you're not in Aus, are you.
It must be hard for you over there in Japan. Surrounded by so many Japanese people wherever you go. I guess id have to ask why you're there?

Maybe he is more talented than the Indian kids. Just becuase you're interested, doesn't mean you'll be any good.

But it's good to see young players from ethnic minorities do well . . . even a degenerate old racist like me approves . . .

BTW, it's very hard living in Japan. It was hard living in England, Italy, Korea and Tahiti . . . so many foreigners.

Last edited by on Sun 28 Oct 2007, 17:21; edited 2 times in total
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Sun 28 Oct 2007, 17:10

It's very hard living in Japan.
Imagine how hard it will be once they realise they're seriously underrepresented in world cricket.
mynah
mynah

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 30 Oct 2007, 13:13

True Grit.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38091
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 30 Oct 2007, 13:23

lardbucket wrote:True Grit.

John Wayne?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 30 Oct 2007, 13:24

I was referring to Trev the trachoma boy, a sandy blight on this forum.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 30 Oct 2007, 17:49

Mudge mashed you all here and you poor Strinos don't know what to do.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 30 Oct 2007, 19:42

Nice try, Danny.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 30 Oct 2007, 20:30

lardbucket wrote:Nice try, Danny.

No, but in all seriousness - he flames you like no other. He needs some sort of accolade all of his own.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Tue 30 Oct 2007, 20:36

Batfink Begins wrote:

No, but in all seriousness - he flames you like no other. He needs some sort of accolade all of his own.
An honorary trident? Twisted Evil
mynah
mynah

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 30 Oct 2007, 20:41

Yeah, must admit it's quite entertaining watching him rile up probably every Aussie in this forum with absolutely nil effort.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 30 Oct 2007, 20:56

mynah wrote:An honorary trident? Twisted Evil

Possibly, it could look something like this:

Australian cricket is not multicultural enough- CA official - Page 3 Tridentto5
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 31 Oct 2007, 02:54

"He needs some sort of accolade all of his own."

Yeah - he should be officially designated as Forum Heamorroid. A bit like the Town Drunk in F Troop or the School Bully in Tomkinson's Schooldays.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8810
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 31 Oct 2007, 03:13

doremi wrote:Yeah, must admit it's quite entertaining watching him rile up probably every Aussie in this forum with absolutely nil effort.

So Trev really loves Ozzies and his bullshit is all an act?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26204
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 31 Oct 2007, 05:23

Fred Nerk wrote:"He needs some sort of accolade all of his own."

Yeah - he should be officially designated as Forum Heamorroid. A bit like the Town Drunk in F Troop or the School Bully in Tomkinson's Schooldays.

I'd prefer we call him the forum ******, but that word's banned.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 31 Oct 2007, 05:28

if the likes of mudge/zimmi did not exist we would have to invent them
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 31 Oct 2007, 05:51

Anyone else spot the irony of an expat Pom who lives in Sydney starting this thread?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 31 Oct 2007, 06:06

JB wrote:I'm a moronist.
bounce
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105931

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 31 Oct 2007, 06:09

Batfink Begins wrote:

Have to admit, I admire his tenacity!!
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105931

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 31 Oct 2007, 06:59

skully wrote:
Batfink Begins wrote:

Have to admit, I admire his tenacity!!

Be farked if that's what I'd call it . . . plain pig ignorance gets my vote.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next