Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*** Official Melbourne Cup Thread ***

+12
skully
Henry
WideWally
bodyline
G.Wood
horace
JGK
Mick Sawyer
Nath
taipan
embee
Hass
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

*** Official Melbourne Cup Thread *** Empty *** Official Melbourne Cup Thread ***

Post by Hass Mon 05 Nov 2007, 05:52

O.K. It's the Melbourne Cup tomorrow.

Nobody on the forum can expect to have gloating rights unless they put their tips up for general consumption.

And the winning horses are...

4 - Gallic
24 - Mahler
21 - The Fuzz

Roughie:
13- Lazer Sharp

In the wet:
17 - Sculptor

Cheers.

Hass

*** Official Melbourne Cup Thread *** MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

*** Official Melbourne Cup Thread *** Empty Re: *** Official Melbourne Cup Thread ***

Post by Hass Mon 05 Nov 2007, 05:55

Hmm. I see someone has already started a Melbourne Cup thread.

But this one has asterisks in the title. And the other one only has five posts anyway.

Hass

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

*** Official Melbourne Cup Thread *** Empty Re: *** Official Melbourne Cup Thread ***

Post by embee Mon 05 Nov 2007, 06:00

Blue Monday
bluTIGERoo
Tungsten Strike
Purple Moon
Douro Valley
Eskimo Queen

Box those for your trifecta
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26204
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 05 Nov 2007, 06:29

Hass wrote:

Nobody on the forum can expect to have gloating rights unless they put their tips up for general consumption.

My tip is not to waste money on the geegees
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Mon 05 Nov 2007, 06:36

I picked Princess Coup in the tipping comp at work.
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11967
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 05 Nov 2007, 06:39

Nath wrote:I picked Princess Coup in the tipping comp at work.

Will give you a sight Nath - chance to jump up & down & accidentally grab a rack to steady yourself
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 05 Nov 2007, 08:02

Hass wrote:O.K. It's the Melbourne Cup tomorrow.

4 - Gallic
24 - Mahler
21 - The Fuzz

Great line from Lisa Cropman on the radio this morning when she was talking about her winning ride on Sculptor where she was leading on the straight, was caught by Craig Williams on The Fuzz and then fought back to win it:

"I thought Craig went off too early on The Fuzz".

Typical chick - always complaining.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:10

gallic is scratched...mahler, (tiger) o'reilly, zipping and blutigeroo for the box trifecta

an even field this year minus TGM, with many chances....harder this year to narrow the field ...normally you can delete most NSW nags (invariably overrated) and QBilly geegees (invariably a bit dumb)
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:24

I'll be boxing;

Master O'Reilly
Purple Moon
Blue Monday
Zipping
Dolphin Jo (for the Goddess)
The Fuzz (for mini Mick)

Princess Coup

Last edited by on Tue 06 Nov 2007, 02:55; edited 1 time in total
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:31

for fun i'm thinking of a trifecta of blue monday, purple moon and blutigeroo for Ms H's two blue burmese cats...if the trifecta gets up they will get a crayfish each plus some primo fresh tuna
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:35

Mick Sawyer wrote:I'll be boxing;

Master O'Reilly
Purple Moon
Blue Monday
Zipping
Dolphin Jo (for the Goddess)
The Fuzz (for mini Mick)

I'll be saving my cash for night at the Ippy dish lickers. If I still can't do any good there I'll just go to the greyhounds
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:38

are you still stuck there?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:41

horace wrote:for fun i'm thinking of a trifecta of blue monday, purple moon and blutigeroo for Ms H's two blue burmese cats...if the trifecta gets up they will get a crayfish each plus some primo fresh tuna

Shocked Just promise the bride your won't slaughter & skin the two parasites.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:42

horace wrote:are you still stuck there?

Close enough to smell it
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:44

"I'll be saving my cash for night at the Ippy dish lickers. If I still can't do any good there I'll just go to the greyhounds"

ahhhh Ippy - I miss it, I don't.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:46

rofl...have just been minding the fleabags for the last two weeks while Ms H was having a well earned hol in broome and the NT...

things were starting to get a bit testy between the cats and me...when they have suggested i buy them fresh tuna i have had to remind them there is a japanese restaurant down the road that serves interesting animal forms as sushi
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 05 Nov 2007, 23:49

ippy must be the most unloved sizeable town in australia...gympie is the most odious small town
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 06 Nov 2007, 00:00

horace wrote:rofl...have just been minding the fleabags for the last two weeks while Ms H was having a well earned hol in broome and the NT...

things were starting to get a bit testy between the cats and me...when they have suggested i buy them fresh tuna i have had to remind them there is a japanese restaurant down the road that serves interesting animal forms as sushi

You didn't think of the "someone must have broken in & stolen the beautiful creatures but look I've replaced them with a season ticket to the Tigers & some new fishing gear"?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 06 Nov 2007, 00:03

horace wrote:ippy must be the most unloved sizeable town in australia...gympie is the most odious small town

Woody would have a far better handle on it then me but the growth & the near term potential out there are enormous - if I was buying real estate in SE Qld with a 7 year view that's where I'd be spending. But in the mean time................... it's still Ippy.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 06 Nov 2007, 00:10

Mick Sawyer wrote:
horace wrote:rofl...have just been minding the fleabags for the last two weeks while Ms H was having a well earned hol in broome and the NT...

You didn't think of the "someone must have broken in & stolen the beautiful creatures but look I've replaced them with a season ticket to the Tigers & some new fishing gear"?

too frightened of Ms H!!!....even tho she barracks for the tiges and loves fishing...must confess i am fond of the little fleabags esp when they knock off a mouse or feral imported bird...one day I hauled the barbie out and coming back from the shops found a fresh pigeon left by an enthusiastic moggie next to the bbq...sadly for the fleabag he has not learned how to pluck feathers
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Tue 06 Nov 2007, 00:29

Mick Sawyer wrote:
horace wrote:ippy must be the most unloved sizeable town in australia...gympie is the most odious small town

Woody would have a far better handle on it then me but the growth & the near term potential out there are enormous - if I was buying real estate in SE Qld with a 7 year view that's where I'd be spending. But in the mean time................... it's still Ippy.

They're paying $2.5m for penthouses in the 'switch. The ferals are being pushed back beyond Laidley to esk.

According to Today Tonight - You can now find the odd sheila hanging around the mall who isn't wearing a tshirt with the slogan "I fark on the first date".

bodyline

Number of posts : 2335

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Tue 06 Nov 2007, 00:29

Hass wrote:O.K. It's the Melbourne Cup tomorrow.

4 - Gallic
24 - Mahler
21 - The Fuzz

Cheers.

Gallic and The Fuzz BOTH scratched!
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 06 Nov 2007, 00:30

nice woofing from hass
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 06 Nov 2007, 01:20

For the record -

my EW bets are Zipping and Princess Coup

My flexi trifecta is Zipping, Master O'Reilly, Purple Moon, Scultptor, Princess Coup and Mahler.

All that means that a Railings, Tawqeet and Black Tom should go 1-2-3.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Tue 06 Nov 2007, 02:50

JGK, if you woof my horses, I'm going to be very upset!
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next