Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*** Official Melbourne Cup Thread ***

+12
skully
Henry
WideWally
bodyline
G.Wood
horace
JGK
Mick Sawyer
Nath
taipan
embee
Hass
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

*** Official Melbourne Cup Thread *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** Official Melbourne Cup Thread ***

Post by embee Tue 06 Nov 2007, 02:53

Maybe Better out ...

That was my omen bet ...

Horse 7
Barrier 7
Race 7
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26208
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

*** Official Melbourne Cup Thread *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** Official Melbourne Cup Thread ***

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 06 Nov 2007, 03:00

"They're paying $2.5m for penthouses in the 'switch."

I went within an inch of buying something in that tower (sub sub sub sub........ penthouse) but then went back to the CFS Geared Share Fund instead. Time will prove me a goose.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 06 Nov 2007, 03:06

> but then went back to the CFS Geared Share Fund instead

That will be a rollercoaster ride.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 06 Nov 2007, 03:12

JGK wrote:> but then went back to the CFS Geared Share Fund instead

That will be a rollercoaster ride.

Yep, but more comfortable than the thought of near-bogans shagging on my shag pile Smile
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 06 Nov 2007, 03:39

Rent it to RD ...Shag proof the shag pile
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 06 Nov 2007, 03:42

embee wrote:Rent it to RD ...Shag proof the shag pile

Cool

You reckon he loves the attention?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 06 Nov 2007, 03:44

17 minutes .................... good luck lads.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WideWally Tue 06 Nov 2007, 03:52

Zipping to win & I'll take him as a banker in a trifecta with 2, 11, 12, 20 & 23 for the placings.
WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9700

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 06 Nov 2007, 04:09

****** hayburners..
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Tue 06 Nov 2007, 04:21

I think one of my horses finished 5th and the other 2nd last. Couldn't just finish last so I get my money back, could it?! Sad
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11967
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 06 Nov 2007, 04:21

Dullest Melbourne cup since.....?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 06 Nov 2007, 04:31

On a different form of gambling (and with a bit of cricketing flavour) ...Bannerman and Blackham are going well on the ASX ....
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 06 Nov 2007, 04:32

HTF could anyone have picked Efficient. The dog hasn't run a place in over a year.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 06 Nov 2007, 04:35

TLA picked it ...so obviously no logical reason ...plus she had more chances than Ben Cousins
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 06 Nov 2007, 05:11

JGK wrote:HTF could anyone have picked Efficient. The dog hasn't run a place in over a year.

Aye, a touch of the Glastonburys about it - I think it was still one of the worst results for TAB Fixed Odds though. Some bloke supposedly coupled in a double with Geelong months ago
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Tue 06 Nov 2007, 06:07

JGK wrote:HTF could anyone have picked Efficient. The dog hasn't run a place in over a year.

Williams has been saying it was going to be set for the race for a year - changed gear for the race.

bodyline

*** Official Melbourne Cup Thread *** - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2335

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 06 Nov 2007, 06:17

bodyline wrote:

Williams has been saying it was going to be set for the race for a year - changed gear for the race.

Easily said after the event. What if you were a poor punter on it for the last 12 months?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 06 Nov 2007, 06:28

JGK wrote:
bodyline wrote:

Easily said after the event. What if you were a poor punter on it for the last 12 months?

It would be nice to accuse the bloke of being a crook but Lloyd doesn't bet we don't even have that pleasure
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 06 Nov 2007, 06:30

G.Wood wrote:
JGK wrote:
bodyline wrote:

It would be nice to accuse the bloke of being a crook but Lloyd doesn't bet we don't even have that pleasure

Maybe he uses Kenny Callender as his bagman just like his mate KP used to.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by WideWally Tue 06 Nov 2007, 06:32

Yes. It was a huge improvement in form. However, it could be significant that his two best runs have been in the two longest races that he has contested - the 2500m VRC Derby & the 3200m Melbourne Cup. The further he goes, the better he likes it.

I wish I thought of that before the race. I was on the stablemate!
Sad
WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9700

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Tue 06 Nov 2007, 11:43

Last year after the Derby win they withdrew him from the cup wanting him in as a more mature four year old this year. Lloyd Williams is not short of cash and is a breeding purist and knew the Zabeel's stay better as they reach four and five year olds.

Williams then kept him at WFA mainly using blinkers.

Today back in a handicap he got in at least 3 kilos light.

It was a sting dating back to last years Derby when they knew they had the goods.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 06 Nov 2007, 12:30

Damn, for a Neville Nobody from Tewantin, you talk with a lot of authority about activities at the top end of the sport of kings. Almost like Gabba Dan used to. Go figure.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105939
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 06 Nov 2007, 12:51

I'm 'in' horseracing. Why people get excited about the 'big events' I'll never know. Swank.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Tue 06 Nov 2007, 23:47

Fats talks the truth. Up till 5 weeksx ago he was a prepost favourite. He was 7th favourite yesterday - and prepost there were some huge bets on him.

bodyline

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Wed 07 Nov 2007, 00:18

PS I had Maldivian into him for the cups double.

bodyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next