Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terry Jones- Burn the Quran day

+17
Gary 111
taipan
PeterCS
Growler
krikri
Merlin
Allan D
Bradman
buckSH
JGK
Henry
tac
doremi
JKLever
The One
skully
PlanetPakistan
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Terry Jones- Burn the Quran day - Page 5 Empty Re: Terry Jones- Burn the Quran day

Post by Bradman Tue 14 Sep 2010, 03:36

G.Wood wrote:
Clamson wrote:
But just because science can not currently explain something doesn't mean it must have been a god. Things that once were worshipped are now explained.

Excellent point. I watched some nutty doco the other evening about Ancient Aliens. The loonies main premise was "science cannot explain how the ancients built the pyramids, Macchu Picchu, Nazca lines etc so they must have had help from aliens".

A somewhat familiar leap of faith

No straight lines in nature. I think I read that on a corn flake box once.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Terry Jones- Burn the Quran day - Page 5 Empty Re: Terry Jones- Burn the Quran day

Post by Bradman Tue 14 Sep 2010, 03:41

The problem is not burning the stupid book (thought I'd throw that in for you skulls, post count etc) it's the fact we're arguing about it.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 14 Sep 2010, 04:05

Bradman wrote:
G.Wood wrote:
Clamson wrote:
But just because science can not currently explain something doesn't mean it must have been a god. Things that once were worshipped are now explained.

Excellent point. I watched some nutty doco the other evening about Ancient Aliens. The loonies main premise was "science cannot explain how the ancients built the pyramids, Macchu Picchu, Nazca lines etc so they must have had help from aliens".

A somewhat familiar leap of faith

No straight lines in nature. I think I read that on a corn flake box once.

So?
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 14 Sep 2010, 04:21

the last sensible thing I have heard to come out of someone of a religious persuasion was when the Delphic oracle told me (after examining the steam from one of tac's goat entrails) to never bet on a human.

whether religious differences are the cause or the excuse matters not to me but they are often involved in conflict between humans
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sat 18 Sep 2010, 02:40

Terry Jones cancelled the cerremony but amazingly 2 other pastors decided to go ahead with the action.

Some other random guy burnt the Quran near ground zero and was immediately fired(which in itself is a debatable issue)
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5