Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton

+21
DJ_Smerk
Eric Air Emu
*Buckaroo*
furriner
HH_pink
Merlin
tac
LeFromage
lardbucket
leg glancer
doremi
The One
eowyn
JKLever
Geoffrey Trueman
Aathma
spangler
Brass Monkey
JGK
bliksem
Lara Lara Laughs
25 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Floyd Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton - Page 8 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton

Post by spangler Sun 09 Dec 2007, 14:24

Mayweather was surprisingly more gracious is victory than Hatton was in defeat and might not be as big a c*n* as he makes out.

The fight was a bit of a dissappointment with the over zealous ref but Mayweather showed that he's the most efficient, accurate, tactically astute, defensively sound boxer around.
spangler
spangler

Floyd Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton - Page 8 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton - Page 8 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2007, 14:27

spangler wrote:Mayweather was surprisingly more gracious is victory than Hatton was in defeat and might not be as big a c*n* as he makes out.

The fight was a bit of a dissappointment with the over zealous ref but Mayweather showed that he's the most efficient, accurate, tactically astute, defensively sound boxer around.
Hatton was exposed, but we still have Calzaghe. Arguably the greatest British boxer of all time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sun 09 Dec 2007, 14:46

spangler wrote:Mayweather was surprisingly more gracious is victory than Hatton was in defeat and might not be as big a c*n* as he makes out.

No, he's not. He knows exactly what he's doing. Good selling of a fight is always easier with a villain and he's comfortable being exactly that.

Hatton's still the best light-welter around and I surmise that he'd lose to very few if any at welter. Mayweather's just the best around. He's no over-hyped joker such as Roy Jones Jnr was.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 09 Dec 2007, 15:17

Tenth Avenue Freeze Out. Another classic!
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Sun 09 Dec 2007, 15:39

Batfink Begins wrote:
Hatton's still the best light-welter around and I surmise that he'd lose to very few if any at welter.

I'm not sure he'd come out top against any one of De La Hoya, Cotto or Moseley
spangler
spangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 09 Dec 2007, 15:45

He wouldn't beat any of them, IMO.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 09 Dec 2007, 15:59

JKLever wrote:Fair play to Hatton though - he could've stayed where he was and reamined undefeated but wanted to test himself and step up.
His $7 million purse for 30 minutes work might have eased the pain a wee bit.

Fair do's though - he did put up a bloody good fist of it till he was undone in the 9th and then finally in the 10th rounds.

Last edited by on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 16:00; edited 1 time in total

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sun 09 Dec 2007, 15:59

spangler wrote:I'm not sure he'd come out top against any one of De La Hoya, Cotto or Moseley

I doubt he'd beat De La Hoya, but considering he's a middleweight it's immaterial.

He'd do Cotto IMO. Perfect style for Hatton. Moseley would be the toughest fight for Hatton.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 09 Dec 2007, 18:36

I see Hatton's "supporters" at ringside were a total credit to the old country - pissed as farts and booing the Stars and Stripes. Nice one boys!
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 09 Dec 2007, 22:47

england it would seem are adept at running second in boxing and cricket
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoffrey Trueman Mon 10 Dec 2007, 00:14

Batfink Begins wrote:Music's an art form consisting of sound.

Art form my arse. Music is just a noise that you either like or dislike and no freaking student quoting pretentious sound bites from the NME is going to convince me otherwise. Then again if you can prove to me that GBH were sat around discussing the merits of Salvadore Dali and Shakespeare before they wrote 'Slit Your Own Throat' then I might just change my mind.

Re: Hatton. What a bloody awful shambles of a fight that was. It was bad enough watching Hatton lose, but after all the hype the fact it was such a dreadful fight was imo far more disappointing. OK the ref didn't help, but for all Rickys posturing he didn't trouble Mayweather at any stage during the fight. I was expecting Mayweather to get on his bike and jab and move, which he might have done had Hatton posed a threat, unfortunately he didn't. In fact Hatton was so ineffective, had Mayweather been a bit more adventurous he might well have won inside 4 rounds.

It's hard to see where Ricky might go from here. Mayweather and Collazo have proved fighting at welterweight is a step too far, and having seen off all the light welter division has to offer there's nothing to gain but a few lucrative yet meaningless pay days. Which brings us nicely to a certain Mr Junior Witter. A fight that imho, win lose or draw would be a perfect way to end such an illustrious career.
Geoffrey Trueman
Geoffrey Trueman

Number of posts : 979

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Mon 10 Dec 2007, 05:16

Liddell vs Silva is going to be a better fight.
Ross
Ross

Number of posts : 1033

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 10 Dec 2007, 07:46

Geoffrey Trueman wrote:

Art form my arse. Music is just a noise that you either like or dislike and no freaking student quoting pretentious sound bites from the NME is going to convince me otherwise. Then again if you can prove to me that GBH were sat around discussing the merits of Salvadore Dali and Shakespeare before they wrote 'Slit Your Own Throat' then I might just change my mind.

Re: Hatton. What a bloody awful shambles of a fight that was. It was bad enough watching Hatton lose, but after all the hype the fact it was such a dreadful fight was imo far more disappointing. OK the ref didn't help, but for all Rickys posturing he didn't trouble Mayweather at any stage during the fight. I was expecting Mayweather to get on his bike and jab and move, which he might have done had Hatton posed a threat, unfortunately he didn't. In fact Hatton was so ineffective, had Mayweather been a bit more adventurous he might well have won inside 4 rounds.

It's hard to see where Ricky might go from here. Mayweather and Collazo have proved fighting at welterweight is a step too far, and having seen off all the light welter division has to offer there's nothing to gain but a few lucrative yet meaningless pay days. Which brings us nicely to a certain Mr Junior Witter. A fight that imho, win lose or draw would be a perfect way to end such an illustrious career.

A dreadful fight? What have you been smoking?
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 10 Dec 2007, 07:47

Ross wrote:Liddell vs Silva is going to be a better fight.

Wrestling is rubbish and boring.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Mon 10 Dec 2007, 10:39

Hatton undone by a much better fighter. But those who know about boxing, it seemed to me that the Ref was somewhat over-zealous towards Hatton in the first 6 rounds????

Fair play to the boy though, took on the best in the world, gacve 100% and maybe just tried a little bit too hard?
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Mon 10 Dec 2007, 18:21

Batfink Begins wrote:
spangler wrote:I'm not sure he'd come out top against any one of De La Hoya, Cotto or Moseley

I doubt he'd beat De La Hoya, but considering he's a middleweight it's immaterial.

The talk is that if they do meet it will be at welter
spangler
spangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Mon 10 Dec 2007, 22:03

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

Aye. Has no relevance to what I posted though.
Ross
Ross

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 10 Dec 2007, 22:18

Ross wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

Wouldn't be difficult.

The 2 blokes shouting loudly and beating the shit out of each other down my road currently has been better viewing.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 10 Dec 2007, 22:37

Geoffrey Trueman wrote:

Just recording my vehement dissent to your strongly held opinion, cap'n.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 11 Dec 2007, 20:30

Ross wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

Yeah it does. That stupid wrestling that calls itself mixed martial arts.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Wed 12 Dec 2007, 00:13

Ignorant SPC.
Ross
Ross

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 12 Dec 2007, 13:03

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Yeah it does. That stupid wrestling that calls itself mixed martial arts.

If you're on about Ultimate Fighting Championship - I'd deem that a sport with boxing, wrestling, Brazilian Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Shinto and a few other weird ones is an incredibly apt description.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 12 Dec 2007, 13:53

S'crap.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoffrey Trueman Sun 16 Dec 2007, 02:01

furriner wrote:
Geoffrey Trueman wrote:

Nowt wrong with that furry, but I refuse to believe music is an 'art form'. Most garage bands and streetwise kids wanting to form a band will be illiterate feckwits hell bent on having a good time, 'art' will be the last thing on their mind. Doing drugs and getting laid is called having a good time, not art.
Geoffrey Trueman
Geoffrey Trueman

Number of posts : 979

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 16 Dec 2007, 02:04

Geoffrey Trueman wrote:
furriner wrote:
Geoffrey Trueman wrote:

Nowt wrong with that furry, but I refuse to believe music is an 'art form'. Most garage bands and streetwise kids wanting to form a band will be illiterate feckwits hell bent on having a good time, 'art' will be the last thing on their mind. Doing drugs and getting laid is called having a good time, not art.

You're obviously a big "A" art kind of guy.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next