Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

+17
Invader Zim
Merlin
WideWally
Hass
Paul Keating
Lindsay no.2
taipan
Big Dog
Bradman
Ethics? The Gall!
lardbucket
Blackadder
embee
Henry
skully
JGK
horace
21 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by Bradman Thu 05 Mar 2015, 05:09

Well he can cross "flying in my own private plane" off his bucket list.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by JGK Thu 05 Mar 2015, 05:47

Very good maiden speech from Ricky Muir just now. Even skully would have appreciated this:

People who love their dirt bikes and four wheel drives have been demonised, Senator Muir says.

"The focus needs to move away from the vehicle and on to the behaviour," he says.

"We are not environmental vandals, we are responsible law abiding citizens who love our cars, our families."

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 05 Mar 2015, 06:41

JGK wrote:
Henry wrote:I think the relationship between Australia and Indonesia, already strained in recent times, will sour even further. Widodo came into power with the promise of being more hardline than his predecessor.

The simple fact is that Australia is not liked by a lot of Indonesians- The majority of them want these executions to go ahead, and politicians seeking popularity will go along with this.

Australia has long been considered something of a regional bully, but as Indonesia's economy and wealth continues to grow, they are resisting and standing up to Australia more and more.

There is no chance these executions will be halted at the last minute. Widodo would be accused by Indonesians of giving into to the bullying neighbour Australia.

Yep.  Aust needs Indonesia more than they need us.  They have no reason at all to be seen to be acting soft against us.

Indonesia have been indulging in this kind of brinkmanship for years. They happily take the $b's of aid we give them & they continue to treat us with contempt in return. Who can forget they had the temerity to criticize our handling of boat people while doing SFA to stop the people smugglers. They will royally raise their index finger to Australia after these clown are shot, knowing that if we retaliate, the world will see us as regional bullies. I think Abbott should call their bluff & tell the qunts to go fark themselves.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 05 Mar 2015, 06:42

Bradman wrote:Well he can cross "flying in my own private plane" off his bucket list.

Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 05 Mar 2015, 06:50

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:they should never have done it in the first place
afp knew the laws in indonesia.  the drugs were being brought into aus.  all they had to do was wait until the bad boys got here and nab them.  involving the indonesian police guaranteed the deaths of at least some of the group

aye, that's what I said ... and you can bet that the implementation of this sentence will mark the end of such cooperation

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 05 Mar 2015, 08:13

lardbucket wrote:
Ethics? The Gall! wrote:they should never have done it in the first place
afp knew the laws in indonesia.  the drugs were being brought into aus.  all they had to do was wait until the bad boys got here and nab them.  involving the indonesian police guaranteed the deaths of at least some of the group

aye, that's what I said ... and you can bet that the implementation of this sentence will mark the end of such cooperation

The AFP seem to be sleeping easy...

Spoiler:

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 05 Mar 2015, 08:40

I've read all that before.

rule 1 = deny all responsibility

I remain happy to bet that they will never again repeat the action of informing Indonesian police about suspected narcotics smugglers IN Indonesia, but will instead wait until suspects have returned to Australia.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 05 Mar 2015, 09:14

JGK wrote:
Bradman wrote:Anyone fallen off their chairs yet?

Only out of laughter.

Sad Pinko ignorance of the future your kids face, all thanks to the economic irresponsibility of Krudd-Gillard-Krudd drunken sailor govts. That useless moon-faced ball of hot air, Moanin' Chris Bowen had the hide to say "why should Australians have to accept a later retirement age?" Er, that would be cos you farkwit Pinkos spent the country into an economic blackhole that we'll never get out of: a) because you left a $200 Bill foreign debt; & b) you sit like fat bloated pigs in the Senate with your fingers in your ears going "la la la la" and refuse to allow any savings measures, thus sentencing Aus to ever increasing deficits.

Pinkos, what a pack of massively economically irresponsible qunts and accounting super lightweighted numb-nutted airheads.

I'll happily wait for any of my FB Pinko comrades to list some constructive ways to avoid the gloomy 2055 picture that Joe Hockey painted today. I'll be dead and buried by then, so I really DGAF (a similar attitude I have to alleged global warming of our planet).

Listening patiently, boys and girls. Meanwhile, enjoy working until you are 70 or 75. I'll give you a wave from a very comfortable retirement position (not very far away at all now). wave
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 05 Mar 2015, 09:38

Reintroducing the carbon tax would be a grouse start.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 05 Mar 2015, 09:45

JGK wrote:Reintroducing the carbon tax would be a grouse start.

And the useless MRRT too perhaps?? LOL at bleeding heart welfare state Pinko dills. COARIAB, nor do its books.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 05 Mar 2015, 22:49

Richo and Hockey have crossed each other off their Chrissie card lists:

There's nothing like a Keating vintage spray to remind us what's missing from our current batch of puppies in Parliament house.
You may have thought our Treasurer, Joe Hockey, was copping enough flak from his own backbenchers without dragging in one of Paul Keating's heavy hitters to have a shot at him.
During question time on Wednesday, Hockey signed a deal with the Swiss gnomes to ensure our tax office could get better information on Aussies with Swiss bank accounts.
"I bet there are a few people in the Labor Party shuddering at that thought," he told parliament.
"There is a former minister for communications who has a television program who might have had a Swiss bank account. But I will leave that to another day."
By coincidence, there was a former Labor minister for transport and communications with his own Sky TV show, Graham Richardson, who decided to spray back Wednesday evening.
"When it comes to getting criticism of you, I don't have to go far," he told Hockey via his viewers.
"I don't have to ring up the Labor party, I can ring anyone in your party room and I can get someone to bag you," he said.
"You are regarded, amongst your own show, as a joke and you ought to know it."
The scandal-prone Richardson is not unfamiliar with Swiss accounts. Some of the profits from a $52.3 million insurance payout for a 1993 fire at Offset Alpine Printing Group found their way into a Swiss bank account operated by Richardson.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/cbd/no-neutrality-from-graham-richardson-after-joe-hockeys-swiss-spray-20150305-13vgcy.html#ixzz3TYQiBMQz

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 06 Mar 2015, 00:31

The Swiss have already done a lot since the early eighties. Any arrangements with them were probably available already. It's the countries who copied their privacy regimes but haven't reformed who are the bigger problem.

When a lot of people rich/resource poor African countries were finally get their acts sorted out regarding "free and fair" democratic processes post the usual post independance bloodletting, they were being advised by the IMF and the like to go into offshore banking and shipping operations.

The only people with Swiss bank accounts nowadays do it for show and either have nothing to hide or are stupid.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 06 Mar 2015, 00:39

skully wrote:
JGK wrote:Reintroducing the carbon tax would be a grouse start.

And the useless MRRT too perhaps?? LOL at bleeding heart welfare state Pinko dills. COARIAB, nor do its books.

tax the crap out of Forrest, Gina et al...or at least make them pay some.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 06 Mar 2015, 00:45

Screw the carbon tax, the MRRT or like should be the first thing they do. This time with Henry in charge and the door locked to anyone who's Daddy left them half the world's iron ore.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 06 Mar 2015, 00:49

spot on
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Fri 06 Mar 2015, 05:09

and that makes three
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 11 Mar 2015, 06:39

Big Dog wrote:
JGK wrote:
Henry wrote:I think the relationship between Australia and Indonesia, already strained in recent times, will sour even further. Widodo came into power with the promise of being more hardline than his predecessor.

The simple fact is that Australia is not liked by a lot of Indonesians- The majority of them want these executions to go ahead, and politicians seeking popularity will go along with this.

Australia has long been considered something of a regional bully, but as Indonesia's economy and wealth continues to grow, they are resisting and standing up to Australia more and more.

There is no chance these executions will be halted at the last minute. Widodo would be accused by Indonesians of giving into to the bullying neighbour Australia.

Yep.  Aust needs Indonesia more than they need us.  They have no reason at all to be seen to be acting soft against us.

Indonesia have been indulging in this kind of brinkmanship for years. They happily take the $b's of aid we give them & they continue to treat us with contempt in return. Who can forget they had the temerity to criticize our handling of boat people while doing SFA to stop the people smugglers. They will royally raise their index finger to Australia after these clown are shot, knowing that if we retaliate, the world will see us as regional bullies. I think Abbott should call their bluff & tell the qunts to go fark themselves.

Well if we did'nt already know Indonesia are a pack of qunts here is their latest taunt:

"If Canberra keeps doing things that displease Indonesia, Jakarta will surely let the illegal immigrants go to Australia."

Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs, Tedjo Edhy Purdijatno

I note the use of the term 'Illegal Immigrants'. A Freudian slip no doubt.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 11 Mar 2015, 09:28

Joe Hockey - watta sook.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 11 Mar 2015, 23:58

stoopid brownies...every day they leak stuff to the press about all the wondrous deals they are offering Indonesia to save the two young blokes from execution...gets all their other stuff--ups off the front pages and tabloid telly news bulletins...

Do they not think the Indos can read???

Personally I detest Indonesia and consider it an oppressive regime since Konfrontasi in the 60s...but Australia is also a rogue state...if the UN initiated invasions to restore decency in either country I would support it
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 12 Mar 2015, 20:20

The Brick leaves Pup.

Good news for Abbott.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 12 Mar 2015, 21:30

Aye. Sucked in, Palmer, ya fat qunt. Hopefully PUP will have just a single senator and no Lower House seat after the next election.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 12 Mar 2015, 21:44

aye the brick and the MM can compare frontal lobe brain damage
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 13 Mar 2015, 01:38

"I don't think there's a simple answer. I don't want to stop people living where they want to live. On the other hand, do you ask every other taxpayer to subsidise people's lifestyle choices? I think that's really hard....

This is the dilemma about living in some areas which are highly risky. I mean, do you stop people living there altogether? Or do you say, okay, but you need to be aware of the risks of where you build and live."

Who said it?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 13 Mar 2015, 01:44

embee wrote:
"I don't think there's a simple answer. I don't want to stop people living where they want to live. On the other hand, do you ask every other taxpayer to subsidise people's lifestyle choices? I think that's really hard....

This is the dilemma about living in some areas which are highly risky. I mean, do you stop people living there altogether? Or do you say, okay, but you need to be aware of the risks of where you build and live."

Who said it?

Anna Bligh after the Qld floods?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 13 Mar 2015, 01:54

Close ...Bill Shorten on the floods
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next