Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

+12
Paul Keating
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
taipan
skully
Big Dog
Blackadder
Ethics? The Gall!
JGK
embee
Bradman
horace
16 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 33 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by horace Wed 24 May 2017, 02:22

embee wrote:There is an unflattering article about Twiggy in the Weekend Oz about Murrin Murrin and Native Title settlements

If Kenneally is such a tax expert she makes a lot of misrepresentations about FMG and Twiggy's tax affairs

Expect KK got a bit of help with the article.

Did not see article. Left the Oz Weekend somewhere and refuse to subscribe online to the Oz (perversely I buy it two or three times a week)
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 33 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by JGK Wed 24 May 2017, 02:24

embee wrote:There is an unflattering article about Twiggy in the Weekend Oz about Murrin Murrin and Native Title settlements

If Kenneally is such a tax expert she makes a lot of misrepresentations about FMG and Twiggy's tax affairs

Yes she is clueless on company tax but she is generally right in that he is a serial tax avoider.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 24 May 2017, 02:29

If you cant make the point that he is a serial tax avoider without the distortions she uses then you need more help
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26205
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 24 May 2017, 02:32

Meanwhile Quadrant, Australia's extreme right journal, has used the Manchester bombing to launch an attack on the ABC. WTF.

See below. I refuse to click on Quadrant.

link
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 24 May 2017, 02:43

horace wrote:Meanwhile Quadrant, Australia's extreme right journal, has used the Manchester bombing to launch an attack on the ABC. WTF.

See below. I refuse to click on Quadrant.

link

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a Tory.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 24 May 2017, 02:53

The ABC’s national security manager, Jason Alcorn, has written to staff about the Quadrant article and assured them that “proactive steps have been taken to ensure the safety and welfare of all staff and users of ABC Ultimo”.

“While consideration is given to minimise inconvenience please appreciate that intermittent increased security presence and more rigorous security screening is to ensure staff safety and well-being,” Alcorn said.

“The safety and security of all ABC staff is a shared responsibility, be alert and not alarmed and if you see something unusual or suspicious, use your judgment and report [it].”

Seriously?

A total load of shit

A shit over-reaction by a shit organisation to a shit article about a shit program featuring shit people
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26205
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 24 May 2017, 03:55

I was one of the privileged few to view a video of one of Twiggy's sessions with a NT group before lawsuits and criminal briefs flew everywhere. Almost wanted to suit up again. He is the reason good people have to break the law to even things up.

Camels and needles come to mind when I hear of his donations.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 24 May 2017, 04:02

On another note I see Scipione and that arch evil bitch came out of the water dry again. Just who's she been ****** over the years?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 24 May 2017, 07:53

embee wrote:The ABC’s national security manager, Jason Alcorn, has written to staff about the Quadrant article and assured them that “proactive steps have been taken to ensure the safety and welfare of all staff and users of ABC Ultimo”.

“While consideration is given to minimise inconvenience please appreciate that intermittent increased security presence and more rigorous security screening is to ensure staff safety and well-being,” Alcorn said.

“The safety and security of all ABC staff is a shared responsibility, be alert and not alarmed and if you see something unusual or suspicious, use your judgment and report [it].”

Seriously?

A total load of shit

A shit over-reaction by a shit organisation to a shit article about a shit program featuring shit people

Eloquently put. The absurdity of the Q&A segment was evident but calling for it to be bombed was, perhaps, a step too far.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Jun 2017, 07:00

Must say I laughed at the 4 Corners 'expose' of the Chinese purchasing influence. The usual suspects - Dastyari, Robb. The Chinese are doing no more and prolly a lot less than the USA and transnational corps have done for years. Robb could be in strife, but then there was no investigation of Fishnet's role in the E Timor spying exercise. Downer of course got a big consultancy with Woodsde after leaving politics. Was Woodside kept abreast of the outcomes of the spying. If yes, was Downer involved?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 07 Jun 2017, 07:29

Bradman wrote:On another note I see Scipione and that arch evil bitch came out of the water dry again.  Just who's she been ****** over the years?

Someone who can hold gallons ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38092
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 16 Jun 2017, 07:45

I think Truffles was bloody funny. Oakes did him a favour leaking the vision.

Expect his popularity to increase.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Fri 16 Jun 2017, 08:29

horace wrote:I think Truffles was bloody funny. Oakes did him a favour leaking the vision.

Expect his popularity to increase.

I was suprised someone with the experience of Oakes would ignor protocol. Can't see him getting too many exclusives in the future.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 16 Jun 2017, 08:45

Fatoaks has always opposed in confidence. Personally I thought it was funny. Waving two fingers at POTARSE is great.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sat 17 Jun 2017, 02:42

http://www.afr.com/news/politics/tony-abbott-preselection-threat-grows-20170614-gwrf2g

I'm seriously thinking about joining the Tories so I can vote Abbott out in preselection.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 17 Jun 2017, 02:59

Early and often
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 29 Jun 2017, 05:37

Lots of talk that Dutton will challenge Turnbull shortly.

Abbott has gone completely off reservation and is now praising the ALPs defence policy and seems to be happy making Ng waves on the promise of the Defence Minister job if creepy Pete gets the top job.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:11

The lunar right have not got the numbers to get the qld copper up. Meanwhile the Mad Monk has flipped his wig. Maybe the possible gaoling of his confessor - Big George-has unhinged the bloke.

The vast bulk of tory voters do not support the lunar right's views on the world. Even Skully would not want the MM back or the likes of Pope Andrews or Erics Anazi
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 30 Jun 2017, 02:22

JGK wrote:Lots of talk that Dutton will challenge Turnbull shortly.

Abbott has gone completely off reservation and is now praising the ALPs defence policy and seems to be happy making Ng waves on the promise of the Defence Minister job if creepy Pete gets the top job.

That would 100% guarantee the Libs lose the next election. An election that would simply have to be called ASAP if that were to happen.

Democracy is f*cked.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 30 Jun 2017, 03:51

His thinking on nuke subs was a hoot. With Pell hitting the news the same day I had to choose whether to split the news over one bottle of champers or buy two.

Do we even have a nuclear engineering school in this country?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 02 Jul 2017, 03:43

Dutton ahead of ScoMo?? Really??
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105932

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 02 Jul 2017, 06:02

Dutton is the Liberal Party's suicide note.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38092

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 02 Jul 2017, 06:46

I can't believe how out of touch the Libs have become with the party faithful.

I am dreading 4 years of a Shortarse Prime Ministership, with that wailing banshee Plebiscite by his side. FMD. suicide
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:26

Instead you've got Dutton who was not up to being a copper and so plonked into a safe seat. still being a qld copper no doubt helped boost him into his extensive property portfolio. You've also got Michaela show me the money, little George and ScumMo. That lot almost make short pants look like a grown up.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:07

IYHO. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next