Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa v WI, 1st ODI, Centurion, 20th Jan

+5
*Buckaroo*
doctorspin
WIFAN
Red
LeFromage
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

South Africa v WI, 1st ODI, Centurion, 20th Jan Empty South Africa v WI, 1st ODI, Centurion, 20th Jan

Post by LeFromage Sun 20 Jan 2008, 00:09

shrug

Last edited by on Mon 21 Jan 2008, 19:46; edited 1 time in total
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

South Africa v WI, 1st ODI, Centurion, 20th Jan Empty Re: South Africa v WI, 1st ODI, Centurion, 20th Jan

Post by Red Sun 20 Jan 2008, 07:45

Rain predicted to play a big part here.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

South Africa v WI, 1st ODI, Centurion, 20th Jan Empty Re: South Africa v WI, 1st ODI, Centurion, 20th Jan

Post by WIFAN Sun 20 Jan 2008, 11:54

Rudi 'thief' Koertsen can't spot a massive edge when SA bat but can give out an lbw just scraping leg stump according to hawkeye when we are batting.

Protest anyone? Smile
WIFAN
WIFAN

South Africa v WI, 1st ODI, Centurion, 20th Jan 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 20 Jan 2008, 14:06

But he also didn't refer two run outs which looked out and there were a couple of LBW shouts which would have clipped leg stump he didn't give out either so I don't think he's been that bad.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Sun 20 Jan 2008, 14:24

Red wrote:But he also didn't refer two run outs which looked out and there were a couple of LBW shouts which would have clipped leg stump he didn't give out either so I don't think he's been that bad.
Well, it's more that he has been bad in an even-handed manner today, so far.
doctorspin
doctorspin

Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Sun 20 Jan 2008, 14:30

Captain Fantastic....what a leaden-footed K.N.U.T!
doctorspin
doctorspin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sun 20 Jan 2008, 15:10

how the fark could that be given not out ?

Duminy was plumb and Harper was in perfect position to see that as well.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sun 20 Jan 2008, 15:12

WIFAN wrote:Rudi 'thief' Koertsen can't spot a massive edge when SA bat but can give out an lbw just scraping leg stump according to hawkeye when we are batting.

Protest anyone? Smile

Both Koertzen and Harper seem to be upto something !

Cricket needs a big uplift in umpiring standards else it's going to be extremely one-sided affairs like that of Sydney.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Sun 20 Jan 2008, 17:17

SA won by 6 wickets with 2 overs to spare.

For the second match in a row they got lucky with the toss and Windies had the worst of the conditions, but Duminy played a terrific knock and was the most elegant batsman on show, I'd like to see more of him, particularly at test level.

Windies gave an admirable effort even though the conditions were against them, and Bravo gave an heroic effort in the field with an amazing caught and bowled and some super stops even though he has a side strain. Ramdin was also superb behind the stumps, he is looking as good as anyone in the World in terms of his keeping.

Darren Powell had a shocker and will be dropped next game if Jerome Taylor is fit. I fear that we may be robbed of a potentially evenly matched series by the Windies injury crisis, which would be a real shame.
WIFAN
WIFAN

Number of posts : 2857

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Sun 20 Jan 2008, 21:13

That Bravo C&B was something else, even for a Bravo spectacular!
doctorspin
doctorspin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 21 Jan 2008, 04:24

Good effort by the Windies. Kallis is really the only world class batsman in either side but Duminy looks all right.

Smith has wrecked his knee which can only be a positive thing for SA cricket given the lack of respect he seems to have from his teammates and his lack of footwork. Surely they can't take him to England and Australia, for that matter India? - he won't score a run. Shouldn't have opened when he was lame because he never has any footwork.

AB also useless as a top order player. SA really is low on quality batsmen.

Albie Morkel is a pie chucker; surprised they didn't play Morne instead.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 21 Jan 2008, 05:24

Red wrote:Good effort by the Windies. Kallis is really the only world class batsman in either side but Duminy looks all right.

Smith has wrecked his knee which can only be a positive thing for SA cricket given the lack of respect he seems to have from his teammates and his lack of footwork. Surely they can't take him to England and Australia, for that matter India? - he won't score a run. Shouldn't have opened when he was lame because he never has any footwork.

AB also useless as a top order player. SA really is low on quality batsmen.

Albie Morkel is a pie chucker; surprised they didn't play Morne instead.

One wonders why you are so bitter about SA.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 21 Jan 2008, 05:44

I just tell it as it is. Problem is SA fans sometimes don't face the cold, hard reality that they're not that great at cricket and have found it hard (Kallis aside) to produce test class batsmen. And of course everyone in world cricket hates Smith.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 21 Jan 2008, 05:49

Red wrote:I just tell it as it is. Problem is SA fans sometimes don't face the cold, hard reality that they're not that great at cricket and have found it hard (Kallis aside) to produce test class batsmen. And of course everyone in world cricket hates Smith.

The point is that you claim to be an Aussie, but I have never seen you post anything about the Aussie team. All you do is infest any thread involving SA.

Believe me I know far more about the difficulties facing SA cricket, but you seem to be following a hidden agenda here.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Mon 21 Jan 2008, 07:13

*Buckaroo* wrote:how the fark could that be given not out ?

Dunno, it's a mystery. It's as though there's something in the rules about not being able to award LBWs to balls that pitch outside leg. Damned if I know.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Mon 21 Jan 2008, 07:24

Red wrote:I just tell it as it is. Problem is SA fans sometimes don't face the cold, hard reality that they're not that great at cricket and have found it hard (Kallis aside) to produce test class batsmen. And of course everyone in world cricket hates Smith.

Yes, because all we do is run around the forum telling everyone how amazing we are and how shit they are. Then we huddle in a corner and suck each other off while we mumble words like, "Nel," "Mmmm...Steyn," and "Gurgle......Kallis."

Or maybe you'd prefer it if we actually did do that, as it would make your attempts at shit-stirring a little less obvious. SA fans are quite aware that we're a bit shit at cricket and if you ever read what we actually wrote, you'd know that we all agree that Smith is a prat and that we need some more quality batsmen. After all, we lost a Test to India at home on their last tour here, and there can be no more definitive proof of being crap than that.
bliksem
bliksem

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 21 Jan 2008, 07:25

taipan wrote:

The point is that you claim to be an Aussie, but I have never seen you post anything about the Aussie team. All you do is infest any thread involving SA.

Believe me I know far more about the difficulties facing SA cricket, but you seem to be following a hidden agenda here.

Well I have Aussie forums where I can post about my team on. They don't tend to focus much on other matches. This seems more of forum with an international flavour. And believe me, from what I've read on a variety of forums, SA fans lambast their team more than their perceived enemies do.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 21 Jan 2008, 07:26

bliksem wrote:

Yes, because all we do is run around the forum telling everyone how amazing we are and how shit they are. Then we huddle in a corner and suck each other off while we mumble words like, "Nel," "Mmmm...Steyn," and "Gurgle......Kallis."

Or maybe you'd prefer it if we actually did do that, as it would make your attempts at shit-stirring a little less obvious. SA fans are quite aware that we're a bit shit at cricket and if you ever read what we actually wrote, you'd know that we all agree that Smith is a prat and that we need some more quality batsmen. After all, we lost a Test to India at home on their last tour here, and there can be no more definitive proof of being crap than that.

Except of course if your the Aussie cricket team and a loss to them is an aberration. We'll bounce back sooner, rather than later.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 21 Jan 2008, 07:28

Red wrote:
taipan wrote:

Well I have Aussie forums where I can post about my team on. They don't tend to focus much on other matches. This seems more of forum with an international flavour. And believe me, from what I've read on a variety of forums, SA fans lambast their team more than their perceived enemies do.

So why do you never comment on India, Pakistan England etc.

You seem to reserve your vitriol for SA
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 21 Jan 2008, 08:13

Pakistan has been out of action but is just about to thump Zim once feels. Pakistan is to be laughed at - its chaos is entertaining.

I do comment from time to time on England and I posted in the India/oz match thread last week IIRC.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 21 Jan 2008, 09:16

Aye, Red's a Saffie-basher. Why, I don't know.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon 21 Jan 2008, 09:36

bliksem wrote:
*Buckaroo* wrote:how the fark could that be given not out ?

Dunno, it's a mystery. It's as though there's something in the rules about not being able to award LBWs to balls that pitch outside leg. Damned if I know.

Nope .. that ball pitched exactly in line. And the umpire had an unhindered line of sight as well.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon 21 Jan 2008, 09:40

bliksem wrote:After all, we lost a Test to India at home on their last tour here, and there can be no more definitive proof of being crap than that.

yeah .. but by that standard every team in the world is crap by now. Laughing

Starting with the tour of WI, every team in the world has been defeated at home by India. Esp after they have unearthed new fast bowlers.

Last edited by on Mon 21 Jan 2008, 09:42; edited 1 time in total
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 21 Jan 2008, 09:42

*Buckaroo* wrote:yeah .. but by that standard every team in the world is crap by now. Laughing

Indubitably.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Mon 21 Jan 2008, 09:42

Red wrote:
taipan wrote:

Really? So if you've found that out, from what portion of your colon did you extract the phrase, "Problem is SA fans sometimes don't face the cold, hard reality that they're not that great at cricket," from?

Last edited by on Mon 21 Jan 2008, 09:46; edited 1 time in total
bliksem
bliksem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next