Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Domestic Season 2021

+11
furriner
Lost Wombat
Norfolk Ian Goode
WideWally
Nath
skully
Basil
PeterCS
JGK
lardbucket
embee
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

English Domestic Season 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: English Domestic Season 2021

Post by beamer Wed 19 Jan 2022, 12:16

Yorkshire bring in Ottis Gibson as head coach. Finally, someone who isn’t white or born in Yorkshire, so a bit of progress it seems…

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 20 Jan 2022, 07:51

beamer wrote:Yorkshire bring in Ottis Gibson as head coach. Finally, someone who isn’t white or born in Yorkshire, so a bit of progress it seems…

They did have Dizzy for a while.

I like Root and have never been a fan of Warner, however the other day I was reminded a boozed GCS thumped Root because he was doing an imitation of Amla. I wondered at the time whether there was an unpleasant element to the imitation.

Was this a Yorkie culture issue?
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 20 Jan 2022, 11:22

horace wrote:
beamer wrote:Yorkshire bring in Ottis Gibson as head coach. Finally, someone who isn’t white or born in Yorkshire, so a bit of progress it seems…

They did have Dizzy for a while.

I like Root and have never been a fan of Warner, however the other day I was reminded a boozed GCS thumped Root because he was doing an imitation of Amla. I wondered at the time whether there was an unpleasant element to the imitation.

Was this a Yorkie culture issue?
Well, Rafiq was quick to point out that Root never engaged in any racist behaviour - had he not provided such a defence, or had anyone else disputed it, there’s no way he would be England captain now, or even perhaps still in the team. But his politician-like weaselly words in avoiding corroborating the actions of Ballance et al. don’t reflect particularly well on him or on the culture of the team.

Who knows, regarding that incident. But on bal(l Wink )ance there’s nothing to strongly implicate him, unless we know more about the context of what happened.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5