Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Clarke - A Man of Integrity

+16
Merlin
JGK
Red
horace
taipan
SG
skully
PlanetPakistan
Zat
LeFromage
Brass Monkey
embee
*Buckaroo*
doremi
Jiffymix
Batman
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Michael Clarke - A Man of Integrity - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Clarke - A Man of Integrity

Post by SG Thu 05 Feb 2009, 06:05

taipan wrote:
SG wrote:
he's building up a case to succeed the dopey drunk as captain
As I don't know much about captaincy credentials can you tell me, does he possess good tactical acumen? I mean is he being viewed as potential Aus skipper?

He is under 30.
Is that good enough?

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Michael Clarke - A Man of Integrity - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Clarke - A Man of Integrity

Post by Zat Thu 05 Feb 2009, 06:05

SG wrote:
As I don't know much about captaincy credentials can you tell me, does he possess good tactical acumen? I mean is he being viewed as potential Aus skipper?
He's been viewed as a future Australian captain in some quarters before he ever played for the national team.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Feb 2009, 06:05

SG wrote:
He's been viewed as a future Australian captain in some quarters before he ever played for the national team.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 05 Feb 2009, 06:07

SG wrote:
taipan wrote:
SG wrote:

He is under 30.
Is that good enough?

Appears to be.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 05 Feb 2009, 06:17

Zat wrote:
SG wrote:

those quarters were based in spiv central
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Feb 2009, 07:07

That's why i said 'some' you deluded old Roman. Unlike some, I reralise there is more to the country, and players worth looking at, from outside the state I live in.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Thu 05 Feb 2009, 07:35

It would have been an academic exercise this year anyway due to the Pakistan one day series looking like it will be played at a neutral venue. He wouldn't have had the opportunity to earn much money.

He probably makes more in those undies commercials currently airing.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 05 Feb 2009, 07:51

SG wrote:

Well he is the vice captain and will captain the JAMODI team tomorrow.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 05 Feb 2009, 07:54

What's the latest odds on a Snoozer win ?

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 05 Feb 2009, 07:55

Merlin wrote:What's the latest odds on a Snoozer win ?

2.95 for the match

2.50 for the series.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 05 Feb 2009, 07:57

Ta.
Might have a few quid on them ... and double up on a WIndies win! Wink

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Thu 05 Feb 2009, 08:07

I've always rather liked Micheal Clarke both as a cricketer and a person. He seems to have an old head on young shoulders, that's a rarity these days.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 05 Feb 2009, 09:06

Sounds like he has grown a brain in recent times at least, your sensibleness, particularly if rumours of him distancing himself from the Banjo Drongo are true.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105954
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Thu 05 Feb 2009, 15:00

Bump Bump.....

drunken
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Thu 05 Feb 2009, 15:02

Incidentally 'Modi' is angry for Clarke snubbing IPL again. What's there to be angry about? he doesn't own Clarke. This isn't slavery. It's his life and his choice to play or not to play IPL of do whatever he wishes to do.....
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Thu 05 Feb 2009, 15:43

i think the people within the ipl including the teams are pissed off because he participated in the pre-auction negotiations both times and then pulled out. if he is indeed not interested he probably should have said so earlier, like broad

word going around now is that he pulled out because he was not likely to be picked up for his reserve price and he did not want to lower his price at this stage. he seems to be quite a poor buy at a million dollars. i think he might find it hard to be put up for future auctions though, he might well have said goodbye to the ipl for a while

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 05 Feb 2009, 17:50

And isn't he dishy?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Thu 05 Feb 2009, 21:25

Batman wrote:Incidentally 'Modi' is angry for Clarke snubbing IPL again. What's there to be angry about? he doesn't own Clarke. This isn't slavery. It's his life and his choice to play or not to play IPL of do whatever he wishes to do.....

What SG said.

Here's SMH, quoting Modi on the same:

However, it was not clear whether the talented middle-order batsman - who withdrew last year to spend time with his ill father - would have made the reserve price. While keen to play, Clarke is determined not to be undervalued.

He tried to call Modi before announcing his decision and, when unable to, sent him a text message before going public.

Clearly unimpressed, Modi told India's NDTV: "I don't think anybody is ready to pay that kind of price [$US1m]. The reality is in front of him. He didn't want to be unsold in the auction and so decided to pull out.

"We asked him to reduce [his] price but he was unwilling."

Linky.

Not that Modi is reliable either. But me, I am more than happy to believe anything which confirms that Michael Clarke is a QUNT.

$1M reserve price. Like f*ck.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Feb 2009, 21:28

Good luck to him I say. Anyone who gets under the skin of Modi is doing good for the world.

And as for Modi 'banning' him from futrue IPL series, I'd love to see how that might be enforceable. Maybe it's all a cunning plan. Clarke files injunction against the IPL for a banning in the future, gets the whole thing shut down. He'd be the biggest hero since TGM.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Thu 05 Feb 2009, 21:33

Didn't think of it as Clarke against Modi.

But now that I do, if only they could kill each other, but only after performing vile, despicable acts of self mutilation on worldwide Pay Per View, I could then count my life as fulfilling and complete.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Feb 2009, 21:35

You're an ideas man, furri.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Thu 05 Feb 2009, 21:38

Stealing your ideas man more like, but hey if there's credit to be taken, I'll be brave and collect the MBE.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Feb 2009, 21:39

John Lennon had an MBE. Didn't stop him getting shot.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 05 Feb 2009, 21:42

Strange thread indeed.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Thu 05 Feb 2009, 21:50

Zat wrote:John Lennon had an MBE. Didn't stop him getting shot.

Ah but so does Ian Bell.....
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next