Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sri Lanka v England, 3rd ODI, Dambulla, 7th Oct

+19
chris j.
Chivalry Augustus
S F Barnes
Basil
holcs
Anniyan
Chandan
Winkle Spinner
JKLever
Allan D
Geoffrey Trueman
Brass Monkey
Eric Air Emu
filosofee
doctorspin
tac
doremi
Henry
LeFromage
23 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Sri Lanka v England, 3rd ODI, Dambulla, 7th Oct - Page 5 Empty Re: Sri Lanka v England, 3rd ODI, Dambulla, 7th Oct

Post by LeFromage Sun 07 Oct 2007, 18:54

The only other "batsman" they've got out there is Luke Wright, though, so any changes will be akin to shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic.

I suppose Bell could move up to open, Shah or Bopara in at three, Wright at seven in a counter-attacking role with Swanny at eight.

I just can't see it with Cook - nothing about his game looks suited to limited overs cricket.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sri Lanka v England, 3rd ODI, Dambulla, 7th Oct - Page 5 Empty Re: Sri Lanka v England, 3rd ODI, Dambulla, 7th Oct

Post by JKLever Sun 07 Oct 2007, 18:58

Well played to Swann though, he's shown enough flight and control to be our 2nd spinner even if this is only ODI cricket.

Wouldn't think he'd take a heap of wickets, but could be a good foil for the montster

Not sure he's a number 7 though as mentioned by croft in the studio - he'd be a reet proper number 8
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:01

JKLever wrote:Well played to Swann though, he's shown enough flight and control to be our 2nd spinner even if this is only ODI cricket.

Wouldn't think he'd take a heap of wickets, but could be a good foil for the montster

Not sure he's a number 7 though as mentioned by croft in the studio - he'd be a reet proper number 8

Hmm, yeah maybe. Think he could do a job, depends who's batting at 8.

Man of the Match. Back of the net.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:01

Laughable that Swanny wasn't in the T20 World Cup squad whilst Chris Schofield and Jeremy Snape were stinking out the place...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:05

So, the team going into the crease knowing there are 50 overs of play, getting interupted by rain twice, having to then re-adjust thier strategy because of the reduced overs, actually gets 1 run deducted from the total? Wow, talk about logic.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by NottsFan Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:06

Let's just rename the team Nottinghamshire and get on with winning matches? Very Happy
NottsFan
NottsFan

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:12

Pfft - all imports, from Northamptonia, Leicesteralia and Yorkistan.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:14

Dello wrote:Pfft - all imports, from Northamptonia, Leicesteralia and Yorkistan.

Yo. To go with Jefferson of Eastsex and Wagh of War wicks hire.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:16

Not mention Read from The People's Republic of Devon.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:23

Well done England - Swann rightly got M o M But I was seriously impressed by Broad - looks like he's got a brain to go with his innate talent.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:27

Broad's doing well.

But I think Ryan Sidebottom deserves a lot of credit. I didn't think much of him when England called him up last summer, but he's really shown that he can play, he can bowl with some pace when he gets fired up, he's got a great, aggressive attitude and will to win - and he can hold a bat, just about.

I think I might actually be becoming a fan of his.

*puts down crack pipe*
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:41

What did Shah do?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:47

Batfink Begins wrote:
Dello wrote:Pfft - all imports, from Northamptonia, Leicesteralia and Yorkistan.

Yo. To go with Jefferson of Eastsex and Wagh of War wicks hire.
Who needs home-grown players with that kind of record in the transfer market?

We've had a few useful players from New Zealand over the years as well...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:50

Great, some cricket today! England win with seven balls remaining, and Sidebottom with 3 for 19 in 8.1. Good stuff.
filosofee
filosofee

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 07 Oct 2007, 19:50

Scored 19 and looked in no trouble, then had a rush of blood, came flying down the wicket and had a big heave at Jayasuriya and was bowled.

Totally out of a blue and uncalled for.

That's cricket, I suppose. If he connects and it goes for six everyone hails his courage and attitude in "taking it to the opposition". But he didn't connect and probably spent the rest of the game wondering why the hell he played that shot.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 07 Oct 2007, 20:07

Dello wrote:Broad's doing well.

But I think Ryan Sidebottom deserves a lot of credit. I didn't think much of him when England called him up last summer, but he's really shown that he can play, he can bowl with some pace when he gets fired up, he's got a great, aggressive attitude and will to win - and he can hold a bat, just about.

I think I might actually be becoming a fan of his.

*puts down crack pipe*

A Ryan Sidebottom fanboy eh? Well I never!
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Sun 07 Oct 2007, 20:56

Pietersen's in shit form, in't he? Tempting to ****** him off back home early and let him be pampered so he gets in to some form for the real cricket in December, the wimp.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Sri Lanka v England, 3rd ODI, Dambulla, 7th Oct - Page 5 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 07 Oct 2007, 22:06

A match-winning, unbeaten 70-odd just three ODIs ago.

I think reports of Pietersen's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

But I don't think he adapts his game at all to slow pitches where scoring is hard. He still tries to biff everything off the front foot.

Anyway, they're off to Colombo now, where the tracks are supposed to be flat and true - that should give him the horn.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5