Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now I know how lags felt

+26
Lara Lara Laughs
*Buckaroo*
eowyn
lardbucket
furriner
HH_pink
embee
horace
Ross
Eric Air Emu
filosofee
Rachel
Basil
Makaveli
LeFromage
bliksem
holcs
Merlin
Invader Zim
JGK
doremi
WideWally
taipan
Brass Monkey
JKLever
tac
30 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Now I know how lags felt - Page 3 Empty Re: Now I know how lags felt

Post by LeFromage Tue 09 Oct 2007, 17:42

JKLever wrote:Talking of lags, I see he's even given up talking to himself on C4

He seemed to go to ground at the same time as his forum was hacked and then deleted.

I was e:mailed some details of how that came about, and if it's true I imagine he's probably a little freaked out that, having spent his whole life trying to make enemies, someone finally bit back and now knows (so they say) his name, address, phone number, password to his e:mail, ID on a singles dating site (Lordy L) and age - 39!
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 09 Oct 2007, 17:43

tac wrote:[
Thought fluffy might hit on me in Tahiti.

Fixed.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Tue 09 Oct 2007, 17:55

Dello wrote:
JKLever wrote:Talking of lags, I see he's even given up talking to himself on C4

He seemed to go to ground at the same time as his forum was hacked and then deleted.

I was e:mailed some details of how that came about, and if it's true I imagine he's probably a little freaked out that, having spent his whole life trying to make enemies, someone finally bit back and now knows (so they say) his name, address, phone number, password to his e:mail, ID on a singles dating site (Lordy L) and age - 39!

39 is a bit old to be living in your parent's basement. He should really sort it out.

And of course you know I'll be needing a PM as to how you know all this.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:14

I think what is happening is sad, filo has been run out of the forum by a group/gang of people (won't mention any names)who are constantly on the back of people who think differently to them.

Because she held a different opinion to the masses she was ridiculed and labeled racist, now i know filo we chat on msn sometimes, she's anything but racist, she has as many bad things to say about Pakistan as any other country.

Even though others were constantly being abusive and rude towards her she never lowered herself to that level, she kept debating with a level head, no matter how bogus you thought her arguments were there was no reason to hound her.

But there were also people who were willing to debate rationally, there were even some points I agreed with and some i didn't these comments came from people like Dello, holcs, Merlin (there are a few more but i can't think of the top of my head) and even filo, now i did not continually bash these these people because what they felt was different or brand them racist no matter how bogus i thought their arguments were.

The sad truth is not just only this forum but most, that the posters who are willing to debate properly without insults and being rude are being run out by the people who have nothing better to than spend their time harrassing people.

We need to rememeber if people all felt the same way about everything we would have nothing to debate about and there would be no point in this forum! Unless you are one of those people who are just on the windup missions, which imo is extremely sad.

Cue the gang.....
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:24

Dello wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Ha HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:25

Mak: no-one has run Filosofee out of here (just how do you do that on an internet forum anyway?)

It was the good lady herself who started this topic - just about the most contentious issue to hit the game for years. It was bound to genertae some heated debate. If Fil was not prepared for that, then she really should not have started the topic in the first place.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:25

Makaveli,

filosofee has the right to respond to anything said to her here, which is more than she appears to allow others over at the PakPassion board.

And I'm not a member of any gang. Danny likes a ruck so much he'd disagree with anyone about anything, tac seems a bit of a prat and really, does anyone embrace Merlin in his entirety?
Rachel
Rachel

Number of posts : 276
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:26

Also, I too need to have the backstory to this latest Lags saga. Hilarious!
Rachel
Rachel

Number of posts : 276
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:31

You're right Makaveli, we wouldn't have a forum if people decided they couldn't be bothered turning up just to get abused and ridiculed by a select few.

And every member is responsible for trying to keep this place going.

Because she held a different opinion to the masses she was ridiculed and labeled racist...

I don't agree with that, though. She appeared unwilling to debate her difference of opinion with any kind of rationality and in fact played not only the race card but also the anti-Islamist card at various points herself.

And, as has been established, flounced off to another board to complain about this board, which is all very childish and petty.

Our differences of opinion should be what makes the forum tick, however filo appeared to take any opposition to her position as a personal slur and a bit of a drama seems to have ensued. It's all very unnecessary.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:41

Rachel wrote:Makaveli,

filosofee has the right to respond to anything said to her here, which is more than she appears to allow others over at the PakPassion board.

And I'm not a member of any gang. Danny likes a ruck so much he'd disagree with anyone about anything, tac seems a bit of a prat and really, does anyone embrace Merlin in his entirety?

Joisus, yeah. I am a bit keen at times and go overboard I agree. I wouldn't say I'd disagree with anyone about anything. I'd say I disagree with everyone at sometime. If we didn't differ, we wouldn't have a forum. I try to answer any point this is made to me in a debate. When I think someone's made a good point, I'll say so. If I don't think it is, I'll give the reason why I don't think it is.

There's probably no-one I haven't p!ssed off or argued with and that's fair enough. I basically like everyone and the scant amount I don't like is public. Filo is one I do like, have stuck up for in the past when I thought she was hard done by, this time I just thought she should've answered more of the points more concisely. I think she showed some skewed ideas and as these words just stayed around they've just brewed.

p.s. Look, I need to hear the ins and outs of the Laggers saga too.

p.p.s. There've been rumours that this hacking may have been me. I'm disspelling them properly if they weren't already.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:51

Basil wrote:Mak: no-one has run Filosofee out of here (just how do you do that on an internet forum anyway?)

It was the good lady herself who started this topic - just about the most contentious issue to hit the game for years. It was bound to genertae some heated debate. If Fil was not prepared for that, then she really should not have started the topic in the first place.

I had no prob with the deabte, imo no offence to her but she had a pretty weak debating point, it was the insults and jibes i was refering to.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:54

Rachel wrote:Makaveli,

No wasn't refering to you!
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:54

Makaveli wrote:
Basil wrote:Mak: no-one has run Filosofee out of here (just how do you do that on an internet forum anyway?)

I had no prob with the deabte, imo no offence to her but she had a pretty weak debating point, it was the insults and jibes i was refering to.

I wouldn't excuse any deliberately hurtful remarks, but in truth - most of the comments on here have been the rough and tumble of debate.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:55

I find it disturbing really the lags story. Must be pretty scary having your life invaded by people you don't know.

As for filo, I gave up on the Hair thread in about the 20th page so have no idea what was debated. However, Mak is right about that part that a few people did gang up on her in every possible opportunity.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:56

Dello wrote:

Because she held a different opinion to the masses she was ridiculed and labeled racist...

And, as has been established, flounced off to another board to complain about this board, which is all very childish and petty.

Hey Dello, the reason why she did that was to stop those select few moving over to that board to harass her further.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:58

Makaveli wrote:
Dello wrote:

Hey Dello, the reason why she did that was to stop those select few moving over to that board to harass her further.

Makes us sound like the Cosi Nostra!
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:00

Basil wrote:
Makaveli wrote:
Dello wrote:

Makes us sound like the Cosi Nostra!

Stop saying US Basil! i like this forum and most of the poeple here that's why i post here the most.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:01

Basil wrote:
Makaveli wrote:

I wouldn't excuse any deliberately hurtful remarks, but in truth - most of the comments on here have been the rough and tumble of debate.

You obviously did not see the remarks that were made about her husband.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:09

Makaveli wrote:
Basil wrote:
Makaveli wrote:

You obviously did not see the remarks that were made about her husband.

Like I said I would not excuse any deliberately hurtful remarks.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:10

You will know if it ever happens to you, i'm not sure how often you visit the forum, but whenever she posts you get the usual muppets following her around taking the p!ss.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:12

Makaveli wrote:You obviously did not see the remarks that were made about her husband.

Yep. Stuck up for her straight away on that one, possibly the only one at the start - so let's not have selective memories.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:15

Batfink Begins wrote:
Makaveli wrote:You obviously did not see the remarks that were made about her husband.

Yep. Stuck up for her straight away on that one, possibly the only one at the start - so let's not have selective memories.

Selective memories about what? from what i remember she ignored most of the comment, you and i both know the abuse was all one way traffic and not just only on that thread.

And again it was the usual suspects.

P.s i'm not saying you are one of them.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:20

Makaveli wrote:
Batfink Begins wrote:

Selective memories about what? from what i remember she ignored most of the comment, you and i both know the abuse was all one way traffic and not just only on that thread.

And again it was the usual suspects.

P.s i'm not saying you are one of them.

Apologies, I thought it was the implaction. I did agree with him on many of the things said, I admit myself that I was too scathing.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:42

Aye.

Mak, fair points really IMO, Husband etc... Not really needed to a point yes.

However with regards to the general debate i'm not sure the reason she excused herself from here, was because of the couple of derogatory posts or whether it was because her points on her seemed to be as someone has said skewed in many's opinions.

For what its worth she was always a fairly decent poster on C4 and here.
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Tue 09 Oct 2007, 19:54

Dello wrote:You're right Makaveli, we wouldn't have a forum if people decided they couldn't be bothered turning up just to get abused and ridiculed by a select few.

And every member is responsible for trying to keep this place going.

I don't agree with that, though. She appeared unwilling to debate her difference of opinion with any kind of rationality and in fact played not only the race card but also the anti-Islamist card at various points herself.

Our differences of opinion should be what makes the forum tick, however filo appeared to take any opposition to her position as a personal slur and a bit of a drama seems to have ensued. It's all very unnecessary.

Dello: been a member of Pakpassion forum and two others for a while, so if flouncing is posting on different forums then yes I do it. Please show where I complained about this board?

And you feel surprised at this: "couldn't be bothered turning up just to get abused and ridiculed by a select few."?

Show me where I was "unwilling to debate her difference of opinion with any kind of rationality"? Fair enough, that's your opinion. It won't be the first time that a man has called a woman's view irrational! And if my debating skills are weak then why don't forummers help to improve rather than big themselves up to gain cheap points?

Take a look at the Hair thread, everytime it went 'off track' (Bat, Zim and tac none-cricket talk), I attempted to bring it back. You didn't see the Umpire Holder relevance from 1991 so I stopped discussing it here till JKLever brought my materail from Pakpassion. He could have joined that forum then to debate it there with me. I notice that JKLever has passed a comment I made to him in a private message to tac. Hmmm, very classy.

Take comments as a "personal slur"? Are you saying there have not been any filosofee-personal slurs? Not in any thread on this, or the old forum? Okay, fine, if that's what you want to believe.

Rachel: if tac's intention was anything other than to wind-up Pakpassioners, then how come his first post was to bait them in the "PCB sues.... " thread over there? You acknowledge that he's a pratt, he's a troll in my opinion, likes to bait people.

B@sil, of course the Hair talk was going to be contentious, no matter who created the thread but "rough and tumble of debate"? Referring to my husband is acceptable? He's not a member here. Not just that, many comments are beyond the pale, others have noticed, not bothered if you don't.

I'll ask you to consider why don't the Pakistani members of this forum post here often? Why do you think it is? Why is there all of a sudden the interest to join Pakpassion? Though it is doremi who felt the need to recruit more Pakistani forummers from Pakpassion (see the Pak vs SA thread on this board), that does not appear to be the intention of others.
filosofee
filosofee

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next