Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flintoff is broken again thread

+18
Zat
Henry
skully
Red
Chivalry Augustus
Basil
Batman
LeFromage
Big_Bad_Bob
embee
The One
Allan D
WIFAN
eowyn
JKLever
DJ_Smerk
PeterCS
Eric Air Emu
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Flintoff is broken again thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flintoff is broken again thread

Post by WIFAN Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:13 am

Foster has a cracking chance to make a statement in the next few days as he's playing against West Indies for Essex.

Not that they will pick him anyway as Prior will almost always score runs against us. It doesn't matter that he can't keep wicket to FC standard let alone tests.
WIFAN
WIFAN

The Flintoff is broken again thread - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

The Flintoff is broken again thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Flintoff is broken again thread

Post by Allan D Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:45 am

JKLever wrote:
The One wrote:
Allan D wrote:Don't have Sentanta so only seen a few clips of IPL on Sky but it looks as if the hard Indian tracks have exacted their toll.

Laughing

Allan clearly has his priorities right regarding IPL Wink

Except they're playing in South Africa, of course. Must get my dish fixed.
Allan D
Allan D

Number of posts : 6635
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan D Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:52 am

XI for Lord's:

A.J.Strauss (capt.).
A.N.Cook
I.R.Bell
K.P.Pietersen
P.D.Collingwood
R.Bopara
S.M.Davies (wkt).
G.P.Swann
A.U.Rashid
S.C.J.Broad
J.M.Anderson
Allan D
Allan D

Number of posts : 6635
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:53 am

"Dish", that's a strange euphemism....
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:03 am

Should Flintoff be known as T-FIB from here on: "The Flintoff Is Broken"

Periodically, briefly, changing his status to T-FIF: "The Flintoff Is Fixed"

And the inevitable T-FIR: "The Flintoff Is Retired"
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-04
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:04 am

Allan D wrote:XI for Lord's:

A.J.Strauss (capt.).
A.N.Cook
I.R.Bell
K.P.Pietersen
P.D.Collingwood
R.Bopara
S.M.Davies (wkt).
G.P.Swann
A.U.Rashid
S.C.J.Broad
J.M.Anderson

2 spinners at Lords with Bopara or Colly 1st change seamer - yerravinalaff?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:06 am

Allan D wrote:XI for Lord's:

A.J.Strauss (capt.).
A.N.Cook
I.R.Bell
K.P.Pietersen
P.D.Collingwood
R.Bopara
S.M.Davies (wkt).
G.P.Swann
A.U.Rashid
S.C.J.Broad
J.M.Anderson

I'ds never play Bell again, and I think you need another proper seamer.

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:14 am

FSS

Flintoff, Sack of Shite.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:14 am

What about F.S. Patel?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:15 am

eowyn wrote:FSS

Flintoff, Sack of Shite.

Be careful, or we Lankies will start to malign Mick.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:29 am

If the pitch at Lords is likely to be a road, then I think we need to go in with five bowlers, which means Prior at 6 and Broad at 7. As to the five, Broad, Anderson and Swann pick themselves.

Monty has hardly taken a wicket this season, so maybe Rashid would not be such a mad idea after all, he could bat at sven pushing Broad down a place.

Third seamer? - anyone's guess. I supect it will be Harmy as no-one else available comes close to being able to get it down somewhere near 90 mph.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:33 am

Basil wrote:If the pitch at Lords is likely to be a road, then I think we need to go in with five bowlers, which means Prior at 6 and Broad at 7. As to the five, Broad, Anderson and Swann pick themselves.

Monty has hardly taken a wicket this season, so maybe Rashid would not be such a mad idea after all, he could bat at sven pushing Broad down a place.

Third seamer? - anyone's guess. I supect it will be Harmy as no-one else available comes close to being able to get it down somewhere near 90 mph.

We're going round in circles though - Broad is no number 7 yet, & Harmison is out of favour and averages 40 since 2005 and yet we still want him back?

I'll confess I've no idea myself who we'd pick. Tremlett?

Got this awful feeling about Luke Wright...
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:36 am

JKLever wrote:
Basil wrote:If the pitch at Lords is likely to be a road, then I think we need to go in with five bowlers, which means Prior at 6 and Broad at 7. As to the five, Broad, Anderson and Swann pick themselves.

We're going round in circles though - Broad is no number 7 yet, & Harmison is out of favour and averages 40 since 2005 and yet we still want him back?

I'll confess I've no idea myself who we'd pick. Tremlett?

Got this awful feeling about Luke Wright...

Tremlett might not be such a bad call - Bresnan perhaps. Bollocks to it, just put all their names in a hat and have done with it!
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:38 am

Saj has a shot at staking a claim in the warm-up match.

Might have looked a decentish attack:

Flintoff
Swann
Broad
Mahmood
Anderson

But T-FIB's f*cked it all up again...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:40 am

Samit Patel can fat bat at 6 as our new all-rounder Very Happy. Then we can see the Nottinghamshire spin twins in action.

Cook, Strauss*, Bopara, Pietersen, Collingwood, Patel, Shitface+, Broad, Swann, Tremlett, Anderson.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

The Flintoff is broken again thread - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:46 am

I don't think Tremlett's even on the radar.

Was fit through the winter but never made any of the squads or stand-bys, isn't playing for the Lions, didn't get picked for the MCC season opener.

Seems to me like England have lost patience with him. Which is funny, in a way, as they have infinite patience as far a bowling shit is concerned (see Harmison), but if you're a bit injury prone, everyone rolls their eyes and casts you on the scrapheap.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:47 am

Augustus wrote:Samit Patel can fat bat at 6 as our new all-rounder Very Happy. Then we can see the Nottinghamshire spin twins in action.

Cook, Strauss*, Bopara, Pietersen, Collingwood, Patel, Shitface+, Broad, Swann, Tremlett, Anderson.

I could live with Samit at 6, though I think his technique is better suited for 3. Really we have a batsman who averages 50 in first-class cricket yet we've given him caps at his weakest game - ODI's.

Get him in there, otherwise FC cricket is pointless even trying to perform in for our young players. Also, treat his non-spin as a bonus rather than as a frontline spinner like we did in the last few of his ODI's
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:49 am

Cook
Strauss*
Key
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bopara
Wallace+
Rashid
Broad
Anderson
Hoggard
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:52 am

Never seen Samit play well so I'll not pass comment - just think he's well down the queue. Everyone's forgetting Shah - surely the likliest outcome is Shah at three and Bell coming back in at five or six?
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:54 am

Dello wrote:I don't think Tremlett's even on the radar.

Was fit through the winter but never made any of the squads or stand-bys, isn't playing for the Lions, didn't get picked for the MCC season opener.

Seems to me like England have lost patience with him. Which is funny, in a way, as they have infinite patience as far a bowling shit is concerned (see Harmison), but if you're a bit injury prone, everyone rolls their eyes and casts you on the scrapheap.

Sadly that's probably true. I'll let out a little sigh if Harmisons name is announced again - how many farkin new dawns can you have? I'm fed up of hearing 'on his day - he's a nightmare to face'
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:55 am

RE: Bas

Shah's done himself no favours, though. Didn't do enough over the winter to nail down the spot, and now he's not even playing any cricket - he's just sunning himself in SA, collecting his £15,000 per match for doing nothing.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:55 am

He clearly isn't on the radar seeing as he hasn't made the super mega performance squad. God knows why with the way he bowled against Inja. He's the nearest thing we've got to Harmison without a pea-heart. His batting has improved of late too.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

The Flintoff is broken again thread - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:58 am

Augustus wrote:

He clearly isn't on the radar seeing as he hasn't made the super mega performance squad. God knows why with the way he bowled against Inja. He's the nearest thing we've got to Harmison without a pea-heart. His batting has improved of late too.

That's the funny thing, isn't it? They're not dissimilar at all. Harmison's a little faster, but Tremlett's a little taller, so it all kind of evens out - they both get steepling bounce.

One of them bowls with excellent control and discipline, but is prone to injuries.

The other doesn't bowl with excellent control or discipline, and is also quite prone to injuries.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:01 am

Do we know when the squad is named? Is it Sunday?
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:06 am

It'll tell us much about the Strauss/Flower approach anyway - the WI squad was very much given to them. This will be their own...

A Vaughan ton tomorrow would make things spicy!
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next