Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Election - The what went wrong thread

+12
G.Wood
horace
Hass
bodyline
Bradman
Zat
embee
skully
JGK
Red
Paul Keating
taipan
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aus Election - The what went wrong thread Empty Aus Election - The what went wrong thread

Post by taipan Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:50

Post your explanations here.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Aus Election - The what went wrong thread Empty Re: Aus Election - The what went wrong thread

Post by Paul Keating Sun 22 Aug 2010, 09:54

Rupert Murdoch's agenda

People who live in the west of the main cities that have turds in their heads instead of a brain.

Oh and parochialism.

Qunts the lot of them
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Aus Election - The what went wrong thread Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Aus Election - The what went wrong thread Empty Re: Aus Election - The what went wrong thread

Post by Red Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:05

Paul Keating wrote:Rupert Murdoch's agenda

People who live in the west of the main cities that have turds in their heads instead of a brain.

Oh and parochialism.

Qunts the lot of them

Apparently now Abbott's little battlers. Dumb as dog excrement - all of them!

BTW, last night Abbott said the people voted for change.

Today he said they want stability.

Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:16

I seriously believe the best outcome is for Abbott to ascend to power in the next few days and we have an election in a year's time. Then he can get his comuppence.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:46

Paul Keating wrote:I seriously believe the best outcome is for Abbott to ascend to power in the next few days and we have an election in a year's time. Then he can get his comuppence.

There's a school of thought that if there was another election in the short term, even more independents and greens might get elected as the smart people are fed up with political expedience.

Would love to see him get his comeuppance though. The liberals have been lucky in recent times being in power during the resources boom etcetera but if interest rates went up and things started to go wrong given that we're apparently not out of the economic woods, maybe the duller people would see through him.

Both sides ran listless campaigns but it amazed me that the ALP seemed to allow Murdoch and the libs to reinforce the stereotype they are great economic managers and the ALP aren't. In the worst economic downturn in decades, the government managed the economy very well and cushioned Aussies against unemployment. They had 'Sorry Day', tried to stand up to the mining industry and while, unfortunately were a bit profligated with the stimulus spending, at least kept people in jobs, and for ultimately good motives with schemes designed to ensure a cleaner and greener environment.

Also amazed me they didn't point out, as economic experts have, that the erstwhile, smirking teasurer actually failed to set up the economy as well as they could have during the resources boom, or that they were criticising the ALP for things they had all of the Howard years to do something about but didn't.

Another interesting notion is that Abbott is trumpeting as wonderful how he can get a larger surplus than Gillard. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't governments meant to spend money on welfare, infrastructure and programs aimed at improving the country? All within reason of course. But the ALP post-Whitlam hasn't really ever be shown to be irresponsible in the way that the Murdoch media would have them.

It looks like the GG might have to make a call on another election as the leading party will have to provide the speaker and have a majority.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:18

Paul Keating wrote:I seriously believe the best outcome is for Abbott to ascend to power in the next few days and we have an election in a year's time. Then he can get his comuppence.

And I get paid out by Sportsbet.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:18

They are meant to spend their own money, Red, not that borrowed because they spent the lot on bullsh!t pink batt programs and million dollar school canteens.

So it's bogan westies who made up the swing against the idiot pinkos, or people who are smart enough to see a lame duck of a government when presented with one?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105970

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:19

JGK wrote:

And I get paid out by Sportsbet.
Every cloud...
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:19

This is scary - I find myself highly in agreement with most of what Red is saying.

And Ponts' point about voters having sh!t for brains.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:24

Phurt, Red just needs to show you her pink undies and you'll bow down.

And your 2nd comment is a bit sad, ol' bean. When a Democracy casts its vote and it doesn't agree with yours, they have sh!t for brains?? The vote may not have been a wholesale endorsement of the Conservatives, but it certainly was a kick in the nuts for a qunt of a government.

And you wonder why the pinkos scare the sh!t out of me? You are all a bunch of irrational loonies.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:30

skully wrote:Phurt, Red just needs to show you her pink undies and you'll bow down.

You are speaking form experience?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:31

She clearly has pink undies to support her pinko views.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:32

skully wrote:She clearly has pink undies to support her pinko views.

Spare me the greens then.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:39

Indeed. It's pretty farkin sad when the pinkos are getting into bed with loonies like Bob Brown. He'll demand an Emissions Trading Scheme, which will cost tax payers an estimated $1,500 per family per year minimum and achieve absolutely fark all in world terms.

Rudd knew this and it's why he (and Julia) dumped the idea. But they'll now sell their souls to the tree-hugging Brown and give 5 independents (including a Green - the link to Brown) whatever they want to cling onto power. This is gonna cost the Aus taxpayer dearly. The ETS will be just the start of the cost of the pinkos staying in power.

And Red goes on about "welfare, infrastructure and programs aimed at improving the country". There be no money left for any of that palaver once Brown gets what he wants and the Independents get to line their electorates with gold.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:44

There will be plenty of money once they Nationalise all Mining after the mining companies all farque off to Africa , Canada and South America so they dont get slugged the mining tax
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 22 Aug 2010, 11:47

skully wrote:Indeed. It's pretty farkin sad when the pinkos are getting into bed with loonies like Bob Brown. He'll demand an Emissions Trading Scheme, which will cost tax payers an estimated $1,500 per family per year minimum and achieve absolutely fark all in world terms.

Rudd knew this and it's why he (and Julia) dumped the idea. But they'll now sell their souls to the tree-hugging Brown and give 4 independents whatever they want to cling onto power. This is gonna cost the Aus taxpayer dearly. The ETS will be just the start of the cost of the pinkos staying in power.

And Red goes on about "welfare, infrastructure and programs aimed at improving the country". There be no money left for any of that palaver once Brown gets what he wants and the Independents get to line their electorates with gold.

In reality that's a selfish attitude though. Whether people like it or not, climate change will not go away and will become a more major issue at ensuing elections, though many who like to think short-term will still put it on the backburner.

Nonetheless if people keep thinking that we can't do anything about pollution, and the burning of fossil fuels because China and India are not, they're condemning their grandchildren to a harsh world. And let's not forget that on a per capita basis, Australia is close to forming the world's biggest carbon footprint. It's very short-sighted to be obsessed with jobs and costs to families when there will be no economy if the planet continues to be destroyed. Of course Abbott, like his mate Bolt, denies climate change despite one of the world's biggest climate sceptics from the science community just returning from the Polar regions and declaring that we're in worse shape than forecast.

Brown has some loony views, but also some pragmatic ones, including the idea of taxing four wheel drives.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:08

Dear God. Red wants to save the world. So stand for Parliament instead of bullsh!tting on a cricket forum about it.

FFS. Another pinko idealist who has all the best intentions but no farkin idea how to implement them AND keep the country prospering. It's why pinko govts always fark the Australian economy when in power.

You pinkos are too much. The Aus electorate kicks you up the @rse and you don't get the message.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 22 Aug 2010, 13:18

skully wrote:Dear God. Red wants to save the world. So stand for Parliament instead of bullsh!tting on a cricket forum about it.

FFS. Another pinko idealist who has all the best intentions but no farkin idea how to implement them AND keep the country prospering. It's why pinko govts always fark the Australian economy when in power.

You pinkos are too much. The Aus electorate kicks you up the @rse and you don't get the message.

And what is the alternative? - a government which denies climate change. A government whose primary way of returning to surplus (and why does one need a huge surplus?) is to cut services. The so-called pinkos have done a pretty good job of managing the economy - excellent by the standard of other Western powers and have attempted to ameliorate the effects of climate change, only to be stymied by an obstinate Senate.

The irony of course is that, if properly managed, combating climate change doesn't have to be done at the expense of jobs. Experts have pointed out that it can actually create jobs. But one thing we do know is, if nothing is done, the economy will eventually be farked and farked good and proper.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Sun 22 Aug 2010, 13:40

its like not voting because you think your vote does not count. Imagine if everyone thought the same?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 22 Aug 2010, 13:46

Paul Keating wrote:its like not voting because you think your vote does not count. Imagine if everyone thought the same?
Is that why you are forced to vote in Aus?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Mon 23 Aug 2010, 01:19

Voting is not really compulsory, having your name marked off the register is the only compulsory aspect on "democratic" polling day.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 23 Aug 2010, 03:02

Indeed.

I was bemoaning that one of the Zatellites had decided to donkey vote (For tthose in other countries, that means numbering preferences 1-9, straight down the page) because he didn't care. In the end, he says he voted 1 above the line for the Senate (which is a vote counted, with preferences determined by the party you voted for) and put in a blank ballot for the Reps, because 'I had no idea why I should have voted for any of them, so I didn't vote for any of them, but at least I won't get fined for not voting.'

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 23 Aug 2010, 03:18

Zat wrote:Indeed.

I was bemoaning that one of the Zatellites had decided to donkey vote (For tthose in other countries, that means numbering preferences 1-9, straight down the page) because he didn't care. In the end, he says he voted 1 above the line for the Senate (which is a vote counted, with preferences determined by the party you voted for) and put in a blank ballot for the Reps, because 'I had no idea why I should have voted for any of them, so I didn't vote for any of them, but at least I won't get fined for not voting.'

Phurrt! I've been fined numerous times for not voting between '77 and this year. Federal, State and Local Govt. Mainly due to not being here which is a legit excuse, but a number of times on principle (one of those excuses listed was religion, what a crock of sh!t.) All those fines remain unpaid and framed.

I also got grilled over why I was voting early and replied the Broncos were playing on Friday night and if they lost I may have been too hammered to make a polling booth. The girl behind the desk (who'd known me for years) smiled and said, "Not good enough qmy, turn it over and pick one".

Told her I was Jewish signed the stat dec and she handed me the ballot papers.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 23 Aug 2010, 03:33

Given that the Zatellite in question is a typical 20-year-old, I didn't want to give him any more smartarse ideas than he already has.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 23 Aug 2010, 03:39

Have you ever met a twenty year old who wasn't a smart-arse and thought themselves bullet proof?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next