Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia A v South Africa at the SCG, November 2-4

+15
tricycle
Nath
horace
PlanetPakistan
lardbucket
embee
baggygreen
Blackadder
Red
taipan
Brass Monkey
skully
Big Dog
JGK
Henry
19 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Australia A v South Africa at the SCG, November 2-4 Empty Australia A v South Africa at the SCG, November 2-4

Post by Henry Thu 25 Oct 2012, 05:32

Now that I'm living 10 mins walk from the SCG, I'm definitely going to wander down and catch some of this.

*Cue rain*
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Australia A v South Africa at the SCG, November 2-4 Empty Re: Australia A v South Africa at the SCG, November 2-4

Post by JGK Thu 25 Oct 2012, 05:38

I am thinking of going in on the Sunday.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Australia A v South Africa at the SCG, November 2-4 Empty Re: Australia A v South Africa at the SCG, November 2-4

Post by Henry Thu 25 Oct 2012, 05:43

Any news of the Aus A team? I'm guessing it would be something like-

Hughes
Davis
Khawaja
Burns
Ferguson
Paine(c)+
Henriques
O'Keefe
Johnson
Cutting
Cummins

Not a bad side. Batting looks dicey, of course.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 25 Oct 2012, 05:52

I'd doubt Cummins will play. And no point playing Midge either.

Bird would surely be close.

Possibly Mitch Marsh or Andrew Mcdonald?

And poor Forrest.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 25 Oct 2012, 05:57

Poor Forrest? The man can't buy a run so far this season. Mitch Marsh clearly has off-field issues that are proving a distraction and are likely to hold him back in the immediate future. Either Bird or McDermott Jnr might play. Considering Holland is injured, there's no other vaguely decent spinner I can think of apart from O'Keefe. Unless they throw Hauritz a lifeline.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 25 Oct 2012, 06:15

Doolan would have to be the smokey.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Oct 2012, 06:24

What about Faulkner? The strong possibility of Reeks being selected makes me ill.

Last edited by skully on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 06:25; edited 1 time in total
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105897
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 25 Oct 2012, 06:25

Definitely. He looks a good player. Statistically your man Butterworth should be there but it seems the Aus selectors have decided he's a 125kph trundler.

I see that Lehmann and Berry were talking up Ferguson's test chances after one innings yesterday. Not so long ago, a first class average of 36 would mean a guy was lucky to get picked for his State team, let alone Australia.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Oct 2012, 06:26

Henry wrote:I see that Lehmann and Berry were talking up Ferguson's test chances after one innings yesterday. Not so long ago, a first class average of 36 would mean a guy was lucky to get picked for his State team, let alone Australia.
Just shows how bare the batting cupboard is, Trev.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 07:47

Henry wrote:Poor Forrest? The man can't buy a run so far this season.

No run, Forrest, no run?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 25 Oct 2012, 07:49

Brass Monkey wrote:

No run, Forrest, no run?

Nice Laughing
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Oct 2012, 07:55

Brass Monkey wrote:

No run, Forrest, no run?

Coat?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 25 Oct 2012, 08:18

I reckon that was more "Peaks of Coatness".

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Thu 25 Oct 2012, 08:41

Cummins has been earmarked for the Perth test.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 25 Oct 2012, 09:19

I'm not a fan of rotating players. If your best players are available, pick them. Cummins could be "rested" from the Brisbane and Adelaide tests, but still pick up an injury in a Shield game in the meantime.

Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Oct 2012, 09:27

Pidg would be rolling his eyes at the whole rotation thingy.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Thu 25 Oct 2012, 09:43

skully wrote:What about Faulkner? The strong possibility of Reeks being selected makes me ill.

Keep telling you Moises is going to be the saviour of Aus Cricket, get on the bandwagon while you can.. drive

Blackadder

Australia A v South Africa at the SCG, November 2-4 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Oct 2012, 10:28

Lordy, that will be an even harder bandwagon for me to climb onto than Watto's, and that took some doing. Very Happy
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by baggygreen Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:55

Henry wrote:Poor Forrest? The man can't buy a run so far this season. Mitch Marsh clearly has off-field issues that are proving a distraction and are likely to hold him back in the immediate future. Either Bird or McDermott Jnr might play. Considering Holland is injured, there's no other vaguely decent spinner I can think of apart from O'Keefe. Unless they throw Hauritz a lifeline.

What problems for MM?

Henry wrote:I'm not a fan of rotating players. If your best players are available, pick them. Cummins could be "rested" from the Brisbane and Adelaide tests, but still pick up an injury in a Shield game in the meantime.

Last summer we could barely keep our fast men on the field. I'm happy for there to be a rotation if it means we get more out of these guys later on rather than have them all on crutches by 25 and our bowling stocks back to ****** all.
baggygreen
baggygreen

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2012-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:00

baggygreen wrote:
Henry wrote:Poor Forrest? The man can't buy a run so far this season. Mitch Marsh clearly has off-field issues that are proving a distraction and are likely to hold him back in the immediate future. Either Bird or McDermott Jnr might play. Considering Holland is injured, there's no other vaguely decent spinner I can think of apart from O'Keefe. Unless they throw Hauritz a lifeline.

What problems for MM?

Henry wrote:I'm not a fan of rotating players. If your best players are available, pick them. Cummins could be "rested" from the Brisbane and Adelaide tests, but still pick up an injury in a Shield game in the meantime.

Last summer we could barely keep our fast men on the field. I'm happy for there to be a rotation if it means we get more out of these guys later on rather than have them all on crutches by 25 and our bowling stocks back to ****** all.

Haven't been following the news much? Marsh was kicked out of the Aus Centre of Excellence for showing up to a training session badly hungover, and was the other day dropped from the Perth Scorchers team in South Africa for excessive partying.

And when a whole crop of your fast bowlers are constantly breaking down, the coaching methods and physio treatments need to be examined, not their work-loads.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:02

Mitch Marsh got sent home from the CoE in the winter for drinking

He and Shaun got left out of the final Scorchers CLT20 game for celebrating Mitch;s 21st a bit too well...they played up before the second last game which they played (when the Scorchers were still a chance for the semis) and left out of the final game (which was a dead rubber) ...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26198
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:18

Seems that a bit of a party culture has taken hold at WA.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by baggygreen Thu 25 Oct 2012, 14:15

Henry wrote:
baggygreen wrote:

What problems for MM?

Haven't been following the news much? Marsh was kicked out of the Aus Centre of Excellence for showing up to a training session badly hungover, and was the other day dropped from the Perth Scorchers team in South Africa for excessive partying.

And when a whole crop of your fast bowlers are constantly breaking down, the coaching methods and physio treatments need to be examined, not their work-loads.

Ah thanks, yeah rarely follow the gnus these days and haven't followed anything on the plinky-plonky in South Africa then what is posted on here. Too long hanging arounds Pomers I guess. Very Happy

You would hope those methods and practices are being examined too, whether its made public or not, however I don't think its unreasonable to suggest that this crop of youngsters just happen to be injury-prone or not properly up to the rigours of a demanding calendar and as such, need to be treated in Watson's Cotton Wool Supplies™️. I would rather the erring on the side of caution then grinding them down until they're completely broken.

Henry wrote:Seems that a bit of a party culture has taken hold at WA.

More like that there's fark all to do here so the bogans just drink and fark.
baggygreen
baggygreen

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2012-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Thu 25 Oct 2012, 21:17

Henry wrote:Seems that a bit of a party culture has taken hold at WA.

Just ask Ben Cousins

Blackadder

Australia A v South Africa at the SCG, November 2-4 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Oct 2012, 21:25

The party attitude was first in place to deal with Woody's draconian but hugely unsuccessful rule, and it's been celebratory partying ever since. Wink
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next