Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KP's Book

+18
Henry
skully
lardbucket
beamer
Merlin
Brass Monkey
MoH
furriner
Fred Nerk
tricycle
horace
taipan
Bradman
Red
embee
LeFromage
Big Dog
Basil
22 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

KP's Book - Page 10 Empty Re: KP's Book

Post by taipan Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:25

Looks like Sober won 9/39
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:28

taipan wrote:Looks like Sober won 9/39

won 9 lost 10 drew 20

3528 @ 58.8 11 x 100

117 @ 34.00

=========

overall

8032 @ 57.78

235 @34.03

==========

22 wins 15 losses 1 tie 16 draws when not captain
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26213
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Oct 2014, 21:09

horace wrote:give the job to I Ron...you guys know it is written in thhe stars that the Belfard is the future of English cricket
Actually, from stuff I've heard and stuff posted here, the Belf seems to be one of the more influential behind the scenes players in the England make up. Perhaps h's flippant remark is worthy of further consideration.

But I can't seriously believe that "revelations" from KP's book will make one iota of difference to Chef's captaincy credentials.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105949
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Wed 15 Oct 2014, 22:05

Yeah, it's the World Cup and the 17 Tests in 9 months that follow that will decide his captaincy future in one or both formats... all the shit being thrown behind the scenes probably won't help his cause if we're losing though, even if he's more caught in the crossfire than having it directly aimed at him.

Bell's the senior player now, the last of the 2005 club, even if we can barely remember anything he contributed to that series... but he's 3 years older than Cook and it's the next generation they will look to when the time comes to move on.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 15 Oct 2014, 22:08

Bell must be in line for a knighthood when he plays in England's next Ashes-winning series.

I remember reading something that forecast that event in around September 2005, in the slightly OTT days or weeks immediately after that series.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 15 Oct 2014, 23:30

skully wrote:
horace wrote:give the job to I Ron...you guys know it is written in thhe stars that the Belfard is the future of English cricket
Actually, from stuff I've heard and stuff posted here, the Belf seems to be one of the more influential behind the scenes players in the England make up. Perhaps h's flippant remark is worthy of further consideration.

But I can't seriously believe that "revelations" from KP's book will make one iota of difference to Chef's captaincy credentials.

Pietersen was talking Bell up in one of his recent interviews and reckoned the Malteser-balled cherub had plenty to offer behind the scenes, in terms of ideas and tactics and all round wisdom, but no-one ever listened to him because he was softly spoken and considerate, not some rampaging dickwad shouting the odds. In keeping with the "bullying" theme Kevin has been selling, the quieter voices were, he alleged, drowned out.

No way of knowing if that's true or not, but it has the ring of plausibility about it - Belly's timid kitten voice being barely audible above the din of The Big Cheese's big plans and Swanny's old school banter.

LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 15 Oct 2014, 23:45

Bell's damaged goods - simple as that. Vaughan and Giles saw to that in his early career when they basically made him Boxing Helena, tampering with him on every sordid sexual whim. I'm surprised they didn't find him in the bath with slashed wrists after he'd scrubbed himself raw with brillo pads and ajax. He was always going to be passed around the dressing room like a five pound note.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Oct 2014, 23:45

Prior is certainly getting the rounds of the KP kitchen, apparently*. Perhaps an example of a man actually being as big a dickhead as he seems on the field??
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu 16 Oct 2014, 07:00

Dello wrote:
skully wrote:

Pietersen was talking Bell up in one of his recent interviews and reckoned the Malteser-balled cherub had plenty to offer behind the scenes, in terms of ideas and tactics and all round wisdom, but no-one ever listened to him because he was softly spoken and considerate, not some rampaging dickwad shouting the odds. In keeping with the "bullying" theme Kevin has been selling, the quieter voices were, he alleged, drowned out.

No way of knowing if that's true or not, but it has the ring of plausibility about it - Belly's timid kitten voice being barely audible above the din of The Big Cheese's big plans and Swanny's old school banter.

Moeen is quick to praise Bell's advice about changing the pace of his bowling.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Thu 16 Oct 2014, 08:37

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/11161670/Graham-Gooch-Why-Kevin-Pietersen-is-wrong-about-Matt-Prior-Andy-Flower-and-a-bullying-culture.html

Gooch thinks that KP was wrong about 'The big cheese' and co.

On the other hand, Watto thinks that England could have better accommodated KP.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 16 Oct 2014, 08:46

skully wrote:Prior is certainly getting the rounds of the KP kitchen, apparently*. Perhaps an example of a man actually being as big a dickhead as he seems on the field??

"The Big Cheese made himself unpopular by insisting on bringing his bicycle out to New Zealand. Here’s a thing about playing cricket at the other end of the world: you don’t need to take your bike with you. They have bikes in New Zealand.

Who the hell takes their bike? You rent a bike like any normal person. We all rented bikes in Queenstown when we were down there.

Cheese had started taking his cycling quite seriously. He’d spent some time with the Team Sky guys and was telling everybody about it. If Cheese wasn’t a top genius cricketer Cheese would have been a world-class cyclist. Obviously.

You’d see guys with their eyes glazed over, as they’d have had ten minutes of the Big Cheese dripping on about Team Sky.

At first, he’d get into his full-on Team Sky uniform like Clark Kent turning into Superman and go out on his bicycle, looking like a prat. Le Grand Fromage getting ready for Le Tour de France. He went for a few rides early on in the trip, then nobody saw his bike again."
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 16 Oct 2014, 08:51

Red wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/11161670/Graham-Gooch-Why-Kevin-Pietersen-is-wrong-about-Matt-Prior-Andy-Flower-and-a-bullying-culture.html

Gooch thinks that KP was wrong about 'The big cheese' and co.

On the other hand, Watto thinks that England could have better accommodated KP.

I expect a decent proportion of what the Gooch says is true - this, though:

"I certainly don't remember any contretemps about dropped catches. Of course you are trying to push the team to perform at its maximum and there are occasional flashpoints, but nothing I remember carrying over."

You don't need to remember Graham - there's plenty of TV evidence.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 16 Oct 2014, 09:13

We'll Gooch would, wouldn't he. An establishment man.

The Aussies and Saffies are clearly doing it to stir things up.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Thu 16 Oct 2014, 18:30

Brass Monkey wrote:
skully wrote:Prior is certainly getting the rounds of the KP kitchen, apparently*. Perhaps an example of a man actually being as big a dickhead as he seems on the field??

"The Big Cheese made himself unpopular by insisting on bringing his bicycle out to New Zealand. Here’s a thing about playing cricket at the other end of the world: you don’t need to take your bike with you. They have bikes in New Zealand.

Who the hell takes their bike? You rent a bike like any normal person. We all rented bikes in Queenstown when we were down there.

Cheese had started taking his cycling quite seriously. He’d spent some time with the Team Sky guys and was telling everybody about it. If Cheese wasn’t a top genius cricketer Cheese would have been a world-class cyclist. Obviously.

You’d see guys with their eyes glazed over, as they’d have had ten minutes of the Big Cheese dripping on about Team Sky.

At first, he’d get into his full-on Team Sky uniform like Clark Kent turning into Superman and go out on his bicycle, looking like a prat. Le Grand Fromage getting ready for Le Tour de France. He went for a few rides early on in the trip, then nobody saw his bike again."
I don't find this particularly twattish. Sure, it can be irritating, but hardly intolerable. Also, with Prior training with the sky team, he'd have had the bike fit for him. Full kit wankerage aside. Also, Cheese for every sentence, ffs?

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 16 Oct 2014, 19:06

Oh yeah, old Kevin is exceptionally bitter. I wouldn't call it intolerable - but I would call it twattish. But then, I'm all no frills. The idea of getting a bike 12,000 miles across the world for no other reason than to ride it a few times for 'fun' is pretty excessive IMO.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Thu 16 Oct 2014, 19:14

Yeah, but I'd expect excessive from someone who drives a Porsche.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 16 Oct 2014, 19:29

Plus the excess baggage on his Sky kit.

No doubt Kev is being twattish, but he's doing a hell of a job on Cheese. Can you imagine the future sledging.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 16 Oct 2014, 21:13

Gooch's take on the KP issue seems well reasoned and fair. It seems KP has taken a few minor sore points (that would inevitably appear if your team is belted 5-0 by a team you were expecting to thump) and blown them up into book-worthy mountains.

This isn't the first Bio to do that and won't be the last. Let's face it - "It was a grouse England career and my team mates were top blokes, but it all went a bit pear-shaped with the 5-0 2013/14 loss in Australia." is hardly gonna sell dead trees.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 14 Nov 2014, 08:17

Seems not everyone dislikes KP.

LINK

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 14 Nov 2014, 08:22

Well that's Morgan's captaincy aspirations gone then....
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 14 Nov 2014, 08:53

Any relation to Piers?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 14 Nov 2014, 09:21

taipan wrote:Any relation to Piers?

Quite possibly.
I recall a Daily Mirror hack covering the "troubles" in and around Dublin some 28 years ago ....
May not have been all that he ''covered' ...

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MoH Fri 14 Nov 2014, 12:40

This may be a stupid question but has anybody actually read this book or are we all relying on selective excerpts in the press?

MoH

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2013-07-26
Flag/Background : zim

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 14 Nov 2014, 12:42

I would suggest the latter.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fri 14 Nov 2014, 13:10

My copy arrived in the mail the other day but haven't attempted to read it as yet.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next