Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KP's Book

+18
Henry
skully
lardbucket
beamer
Merlin
Brass Monkey
MoH
furriner
Fred Nerk
tricycle
horace
taipan
Bradman
Red
embee
LeFromage
Big Dog
Basil
22 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

KP's Book - Page 3 Empty Re: KP's Book

Post by Merlin Tue 07 Oct 2014, 09:15

Taips  ... I get where you're coming from ...... but I think you'll agree that touting an article written
by "Unknown" for The Moscow Times doesn't exactly nail the issue!

I will concede however that there were times when Lara was a prat ...

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 07 Oct 2014, 09:24

Didn't even look at the byline TBH.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 07 Oct 2014, 09:42

KP's  8 minutes of Beeb airtime went well....

He was definitive, apologetic (for the Strauss texting); accusative and did not falter in his delivery.  

No "umms" or "errs" peppering his replies  ... he was straight and to the point.

Carried himself well, but the point is, if only half of what he has written (and supported in his brief airtime)
is true then a serious problem existed in the England dressing room during Flower's reign, his final
comment being the most telling -
when asked "what has changed" ... his immediate reply was "Well.... Flower has gone."

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 07 Oct 2014, 09:44

Where have all the Flowers gone?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 07 Oct 2014, 09:53

As long as England are losing, the majority of public support will be on KP's side.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:08

But they walloped the Bannies 3 - 1 in the last series, and still KP's popularity remains high!

He is, to put it mildly, an enigma.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by MoH Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:13

https://twitter.com/barneyronay/status/519203273287675904

MoH

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2013-07-26
Flag/Background : zim

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:13

He is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Nolonga Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:17

It's not hard to believe that Swann would be part of the group that picks on players. Even during his recent TMS gig he was macking fun of Taylor's height.

I'm sure he would say that it's all 'bants' though.
Henry Nolonga
Henry Nolonga

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:23

Henry wrote:
Half of Shane Warne's teammates couldn't stand him, but they were able to get over it and play as one ON THE FIELD, where it really matters (and where the public, who couldn't give a shit about what happens in the dressing room, sees the team the most). No one lost their job because of Warne;s personality, no one started a parody twitter account, no clique in the team forced him out, because Warne WON THEM CRICKET MATCHES. And honestly, at the end of the day, that's all that matters from a team perspective, from the perspective of the fans, and from a financial perspective (as winning produces more money for everyone involved with the team).

Warne played in an ATG team/era for Australia, though. They were always winning. They never had the periods of ass-handings that England go through frequently.

I'd speculate that Shane could've been one of the first on the shit list if Australia had hit rock bottom and needed to throw a few sacrificial lambs on the barbie in the interests of "moving forward".

They never really had to make that call.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:27

Dello wrote:
Henry wrote:
Half of Shane Warne's teammates couldn't stand him, but they were able to get over it and play as one ON THE FIELD, where it really matters (and where the public, who couldn't give a shit about what happens in the dressing room, sees the team the most). No one lost their job because of Warne;s personality, no one started a parody twitter account, no clique in the team forced him out, because Warne WON THEM CRICKET MATCHES. And honestly, at the end of the day, that's all that matters from a team perspective, from the perspective of the fans, and from a financial perspective (as winning produces more money for everyone involved with the team).

Warne played in an ATG team/era for Australia, though. They were always winning. They never had the periods of ass-handings that England go through frequently.

I'd speculate that Shane could've been one of the first on the shit list if Australia had hit rock bottom and needed to throw a few sacrificial lambs on the barbie in the interests of "moving forward".

Tubby blonde bloke with a mullet, a bit of lip, and figures of 1/150....England would have dumped him for good after his first test.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:28

Aye, who knows what Schofield and Salisbury might have achieved given another chance

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:28

Henry wrote:
Dello wrote:
Henry wrote:

Tubby blonde bloke with a mullet, a bit of lip, and figures of 1/150....England would have dumped him for good after his first test.

They gave Flintoff plenty of chances during his early, rotund years.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:35

lardbucket wrote:Aye, who knows what Schofield and Salisbury might have achieved given another chance

Maybe not those two, but they recently dumped Borthwick after one test, and he didn't have an absolute, Kerrigan-style nightmare either (and they still picked Kerrigan over Borthwick for an England squad this Summer).

The people currently running English cricket have no time for flair, no time for gambling, no time for anything or anyone that might rock the boat in any way, shape, or form. I'm not sure where this attitude has come from (although I suspect it's a legacy of Andy Flower), but it's severely damaging English cricket, not just on the field, but as far as public support is concerned as well.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:41

I actually thought Borthwick looked good ... turned some big leggies.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:44

Henry Nolonga wrote:It's not hard to believe that Swann would be part of the group that picks on players. Even during his recent TMS gig he was macking fun of Taylor's height.

Swann himself has labelled KP's tome as "the biggest work of fiction since Jules Verne".

BTW, am surprised that KP did not go harder at Cook given that his buddy called him a repulsive little weasel.

Last edited by Red on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:48; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:45

Has he read Gillard's book?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:48

Red wrote:
Henry Nolonga wrote:It's not hard to believe that Swann would be part of the group that picks on players. Even during his recent TMS gig he was macking fun of Taylor's height.

Swann himself has labelled KP's tome as "the biggest work of fiction since Jules Verne".

Shows how little Swann knows. A good source confirmed to me that they did get to the centre of the earth.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:59

Red wrote:

BTW, am surprised that KP did not go harder at Cook given that his buddy called him  a repulsive little weasel.

He's still holding on to a faint hope of returning to the England team. He even called Peter Moores a "good bloke." 

He's not as dumb as he looks, KP.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:06

Never picked Swann as a Verne affacondo.....although he'd be happy to bury KP 20000 Leagues under the sea, and plainly believes he was Off on a Comet for most of the last bit of his career.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:56

Red wrote:Swann himself has labelled KP's tome as "the biggest work of fiction since Jules Verne".

*Bullying bowler in refuting claim shocka*

He's hardly going to say 'yes, I was a massive dick to my own players on the field of play'.

Luckily, it's not 1884, we've got numerous cameras covering the Tests and that in particular is what started us calling them a bunch of cocks back in 2009. They were.

Impetuous, ungenerous and seemed exceptionally cliquey to me. OK, they brought us great success, but I've always had a heavy amount of disdain for their contemptible attitudes. Awful human beings - tantamount to Premiership footballers.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krikri Tue 07 Oct 2014, 13:16

I'm a little but underwhelmed and disappointed by it. We already knew that the Swann-Broad-Anderson-Bresnan clique were dickheads who thought they ran the show and the sun shone out of their arses.

I don't believe he's being totally honest about Cook, either. Not least because Cook was a part of this clique, at least before he became captain.
krikri
krikri

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 07 Oct 2014, 14:00

Maybe - although let's face it, Cook has always been a nice bloke and nothing but.

He's seemed conceited at times over the last year, such as after that rollicking defeat in Aus, he tried to push the blame away from his captaincy onto other factors, plus he's been robo-quoted loads of time since. But he's not a qunt - maybe KP is only going after people with consistently objectionable attitudes.

He was likened to Ned Flanders which is pretty harsh, plus KP did put in that gem that Trev quoted:

"Cooky refused to believe the Twitter stuff. That was his way of dealing with it. It was as if he still writes to Santa Claus and puts his tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy."

Which is worse than being called a Dairylea triangle who thinks he's a piece of brie or whatever is was.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 07 Oct 2014, 14:53

Henry wrote:Name me a dressing room over the years that hasn't had issues.

Half of Shane Warne's teammates couldn't stand him, but they were able to get over it and play as one ON THE FIELD, where it really matters (and where the public, who couldn't give a shit about what happens in the dressing room, sees the team the most). No one lost their job because of Warne;s personality, no one started a parody twitter account, no clique in the team forced him out, because Warne WON THEM CRICKET MATCHES. And honestly, at the end of the day, that's all that matters from a team perspective, from the perspective of the fans, and from a financial perspective (as winning produces more money for everyone involved with the team)

KP was and is a dick. He himself would probably admit that. But the other players in that England team were and are being complete dicks too by a)trying to undermine Pietersen, and b) not admitting they THEY TOO ARE DICKS!

The majority of the top cricketers in the world are dicks. Complete arrogant c*nts with massive egos. I can think of only Rahul Dravid,  VVS Laxman, Garry Sobers, and to a lesser extent Kumar Sangakkara (lesser extent because he can be a cheeky bugger on the field)  as examples of great players who WEREN'T dicks. Warne? Dick. Richards? Dick. Botham? Dick. Bradman? (allegedly) Dick. Lillee? Dick. Gavaskar? Dick. Lara? Dick. Mcgrath? Dick....I could go on....

The 'nice guys' like Cook and Strauss, get too touchy about criticism that comes their way, and end up resigning in tears because they couldn't handle a life amongst all those dicks.

So in conclusion- To be a top cricketer you have to be a dick. A c*nt. You have to think that you are always right, that you are better and that your opinions hold more weight and are better-informed than others.

Australia tried to deny this for 2-3 years recently and their cricket nose-dived. At the start of the last Ashes the penny finally dropped that they play much better cricket when they start acting like c*nts both to the opposition and each other, and they hammered England 5-0.

Until England accept that the best cricket teams need complete f*ckeheads in them with strong opinions, they will be f*cked as a cricket team. Mid-table mediocrity will be the norm, as businessmen...."company men" as KP calls them; posing as cricketers stink up the joint, feeding the media their corporate bile, denying massive problems, even as the 'share price' of English cricket continues to plummet.

C*nts.

I was fine on flamingbails till about this morning when the IT security systems - at my new job, obviously- started going crazy sending me messages such as "Your site access has been recorded as denied for the following reason: SEX". FB could now be a closed book at work for me.

Thanks a f*cking ton Henry. Laughing
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 07 Oct 2014, 15:13

Tell them to chill the f*ck out furry, then send them pictures of your penal chord.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next