Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KP's Book

+18
Henry
skully
lardbucket
beamer
Merlin
Brass Monkey
MoH
furriner
Fred Nerk
tricycle
horace
taipan
Bradman
Red
embee
LeFromage
Big Dog
Basil
22 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

KP's Book - Page 11 Empty Re: KP's Book

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 14 Nov 2014, 16:14

MoH wrote:This may be a stupid question but has anybody actually read this book or are we all relying on selective excerpts in the press?

I read it, as my lengthy 'musings' on it a couple of pages back suggest. I guess it was a TLDR situation for you Wink
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MoH Fri 14 Nov 2014, 16:54

Brass Monkey wrote:
MoH wrote:This may be a stupid question but has anybody actually read this book or are we all relying on selective excerpts in the press?

I read it, as my lengthy 'musings' on it a couple of pages back suggest. I guess it was a TLDR situation for you Wink

Yeah, couldn't be bothered to trawl through the whole thread to see if anybody has actually read it. I'm glad someone has, I'll now try to find your comments.

MoH

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2013-07-26
Flag/Background : zim

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 14 Nov 2014, 18:44

Red wrote:My copy arrived in the mail the other day but haven't attempted to read it as yet.

This is one of the weirdest posts I have read on this forum, and believe me I have read some strange ones.

How does someone attempt to read a book( I am assuming this is hard copy)

It arrives in the post. Does it scare you? Do you touch the packaging? Do you unwrap it and put it on a pedestal? Do you genuflect in front of the pedestal for a few day days or practice yoga to still your breathing? How do you actually build up the courage to touch the book, and then gasp, turn back the cover and let your eyes feast on the dedication?

One attempts to climb Everest after a couple of weeks of training.

To read a book, nah.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 14 Nov 2014, 19:39

Perhaps Red knows it's going to be a poorly-written and mostly annoying piece of self-serving drivel, occasionally littered with bits of useful information and penetrating insights into a highly narcissistic personality ... and as such just hasn't rustled up the intestinal fortitude, stamina, and dental grind guards to make the effort of reading through it.

I'm frankly amazed that anyone would 'attempt to buy it'.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 14 Nov 2014, 19:50

lardbucket wrote:Perhaps Red knows it's going to be a poorly-written and mostly annoying piece of self-serving drivel, occasionally littered with bits of useful information and penetrating insights into a highly narcissistic personality ... and as such just hasn't rustled up the intestinal fortitude, stamina, and dental grind guards to make the effort of reading through it.

Same as every other cricket autobiog of the past twenty years then.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat 15 Nov 2014, 00:34

lardbucket wrote:Perhaps Red knows it's going to be a poorly-written and mostly annoying piece of self-serving drivel, occasionally littered with bits of useful information and penetrating insights into a highly narcissistic personality ... and as such just hasn't rustled up the intestinal fortitude, stamina, and dental grind guards to make the effort of reading through it.

Yes, close to the mark. I usually only purchase cricket books written by the likes of Gideon Haigh but thought KP's gallping ego might be entertaining. The haven't attempt to, though relates more to the fact that I have a whole list of books waiting to be read and not enough time available to get through it. KP's tome shouldn't be challenging reading though. Smile
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11