Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Ryan Sidebottom better than Jesus?

+14
THICKEDGE
Henry
Batman
Geoffrey Trueman
mynah
Winkle Spinner
eowyn
holcs
Merlin
Chivalry Augustus
WideWally
Brass Monkey
JKLever
Lara Lara Laughs
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is Ryan Sidebottom better than Jesus? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Ryan Sidebottom better than Jesus?

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:04

Dello wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Rubbish, rubbish and thrice rubbish. Don't bring some extreme examples and present them as analogues. With a decent keeper in the side, those chances wouldn't have been dropped. He's been extraordinarily unlucky. That's not comparable to Anderson bowling rubbish for most of his Test career. If you're trying to say it is, you've gone nutty. Nutty like a particularly nutty cake. It doesn't hurt to point out that he's bowled a lot better than his figures suggest and that he could (not should) be averaging 6 runs less and have 10 more wickets.

I agree with most of Augustus's post.

So no other bowler has ever had catches dropped?

Why don't you do the research for all of England's seamers of recent times, tally up all the drops and umpiring gaffes they've had to endure and report on their 'new' bowling averages?

Then you can compare how "phenomenal" they all are in Pretendland.

What are you talking about? Where did I say that no other bowler has had catches dropped? No other bowler that I know of has had 10 catches dropped in their first ten Tests. Mainly because they've had competent wicket keepers.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Is Ryan Sidebottom better than Jesus? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Ryan Sidebottom better than Jesus?

Post by tac Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:07

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Dello wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Rubbish, rubbish and thrice rubbish. Don't bring some extreme examples and present them as analogues. With a decent keeper in the side, those chances wouldn't have been dropped. He's been extraordinarily unlucky. That's not comparable to Anderson bowling rubbish for most of his Test career. If you're trying to say it is, you've gone nutty. Nutty like a particularly nutty cake. It doesn't hurt to point out that he's bowled a lot better than his figures suggest and that he could (not should) be averaging 6 runs less and have 10 more wickets.

Why don't you do the research for all of England's seamers of recent times, tally up all the drops and umpiring gaffes they've had to endure and report on their 'new' bowling averages?

What are you talking about? Where did I say that no other bowler has had catches dropped? No other bowler that I know of has had 10 catches dropped in their first ten Tests. Mainly because they've had competent wicket keepers.

You throw Mitchell Johnson on that list . . . and Greg Matthews had heaps missed of his bowling Wink
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:09

DJ_Smerk wrote:I was preaching for Sid's inclusion in the England setup, ages and ages and ages ago on the old Channel 4 forum.

Was that inbetwix all the Panesar love or what? cyclops
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:10

tac wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Dello wrote:

You throw Mitchell Johnson on that list . . . and Greg Matthews had heaps missed of his bowling Wink

You only noticed those because you're a lonely lonely man.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:13

How can I be lonely when I have Dem PMing me all the time trying to set up a cyber-threesome with her and taips . . . No
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:16

Don't truckle to her demands. There's a hint of Glenn Close about her.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:17

Glenn Close is just an actress. It's not for real.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:20

Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:20

F*ck me it gets better every time I see it.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:23

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:F*ck me it gets better aroused every time I see it.

tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Fri 21 Mar 2008, 00:35

JKLever wrote:
DJ_Smerk wrote:I was preaching for Sid's inclusion in the England setup, ages and ages and ages ago on the old Channel 4 forum.

Was that inbetwix all the Panesar love or what? cyclops

I have alot of love for both these English players.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3