Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old players caused India to exit the WC early - Chappell

+14
lardbucket
Fred Nerk
trident
JGK
tac
horace
SG
The One
doremi
DJ_Smerk
Henry
embee
HH_pink
Josh Carney
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Old players caused India to exit the WC early - Chappell - Page 3 Empty Re: Old players caused India to exit the WC early - Chappell

Post by Josh Carney Mon 19 Nov 2007, 20:26

Despite all my reservations about Chappell I still contend that he is doing Indian Cricket a favour by bringing out to ligjht many of the closeted taboos and secret businesses.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Old players caused India to exit the WC early - Chappell - Page 3 Empty Re: Old players caused India to exit the WC early - Chappell

Post by Chandan Tue 20 Nov 2007, 12:37

taipan wrote:
Chandan wrote:
taipan wrote:
lardbucket wrote:I'm getting a headache.

So am I. I'm trying to unravel why Chandan is so upset about the criticisms.

Taipan,

I was upset because he did he behind the back, to an Australian Channel, not directly to BCCI. Because it is as clear as a mirror that he doesn't have any reservations about working with an incompetent, unprofessional cricket body because he has come back to work for them again.

Then what is this behind the back criticism??

So he should report incompetence directly to the BCCI that is by your own admission incompetent?

And how do you know he did not?

Of course he should have. Why not complaint to the body that employed you if you have any problem?!

And if he had done so, all of us would have known it because such news are as guarded in BCCI as water in a shower!

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 20 Nov 2007, 13:01

Chandan wrote:
taipan wrote:
Chandan wrote:
taipan wrote:
lardbucket wrote:I'm getting a headache.

So am I. I'm trying to unravel why Chandan is so upset about the criticisms.

Taipan,

I was upset because he did he behind the back, to an Australian Channel, not directly to BCCI. Because it is as clear as a mirror that he doesn't have any reservations about working with an incompetent, unprofessional cricket body because he has come back to work for them again.

Then what is this behind the back criticism??

So he should report incompetence directly to the BCCI that is by your own admission incompetent?

And how do you know he did not?

Of course he should have. Why not complaint to the body that employed you if you have any problem?!

And if he had done so, all of us would have known it because such news are as guarded in BCCI as water in a shower!

So you are surmising he did not report it to the BBCI.

The only evidence you have that he did not, is the fact you haven't heard about it.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 20 Nov 2007, 13:16

Of course!! What other evidence can the fans have.

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 20 Nov 2007, 13:18

Chandan wrote:Of course!! What other evidence can the fans have.

So you have no evidence?

BTW Chandan do you agree that what Chappell said is correct or not?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Wed 21 Nov 2007, 12:08

"We tried to change the team. To move away from an old based team, to get some young legs and strong arms as well as some good batting and bowling. But unfortunately it’s been resisted from within the team." (Before the Caribbean event)

Sissies. Have a look at this... naughty
mynah
mynah

Old players caused India to exit the WC early - Chappell - Page 3 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajan Sadhanandam Thu 22 Nov 2007, 15:27

Regarding the Bhubaneshwar air port slapping incident, it has nothing to do with any racism at all. The guy was protesting against the non inclusion of Orissa players in the indian cricket team.He directed his ire at GSC because he was all powerful at that time, even ensuring that Saurav Ganguly was not picked for the one day team despite huge protests in Kolkotta.there was no racism angle to this at all.

It is one thing accusing BCCI of trying to cover up the incident, but attributing racism motive is cheap.

By making out a racist motive to this incident, GSC was trying to hit back at BCCI or Indian cricket fans.Another thing i feel is,He might have given the interview before he got the Rajastan cricket association job.He has embarassed RCA as well as BCCI 's powerful Lalit Modi because of the "racism" angle which was publicised so prominently.

Rajan Sadhanandam

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 22 Nov 2007, 16:19

Rajan Sadhanandam wrote:Regarding the Bhubaneshwar air port slapping incident, it has nothing to do with any racism at all. The guy was protesting against the non inclusion of Orissa players in the indian cricket team.He directed his ire at GSC because he was all powerful at that time, even ensuring that Saurav Ganguly was not picked for the one day team despite huge protests in Kolkotta.there was no racism angle to this at all.

It is one thing accusing BCCI of trying to cover up the incident, but attributing racism motive is cheap.

By making out a racist motive to this incident, GSC was trying to hit back at BCCI or Indian cricket fans.Another thing i feel is,He might have given the interview before he got the Rajastan cricket association job.He has embarassed RCA as well as BCCI 's powerful Lalit Modi because of the "racism" angle which was publicised so prominently.

All good and well, but if the assailant would not have slapped an Indian in the same position it is racist. Chappell, is obviously of the opinion that the assailant would have had more respect for an Indian.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Thu 22 Nov 2007, 20:37

without any proof thats a ridiculous charge. its not like an indian has never been assaulted by a political goon

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Thu 22 Nov 2007, 20:48

Apparently Sunil Gavaskar got slapped after his great display of teamwork with the 36 no from 60 overs in the first ever WC.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 22 Nov 2007, 20:49

tac wrote:
Rajan Sadhanandam wrote:Regarding the Bhubaneshwar air port slapping incident, it has nothing to do with any racism at all. The guy was protesting against the non inclusion of Orissa players in the indian cricket team.He directed his ire at GSC because he was all powerful at that time, even ensuring that Saurav Ganguly was not picked for the one day team despite huge protests in Kolkotta.there was no racism angle to this at all.

All good and well, but if the assailant would not have slapped an Indian in the same position it is racist. Chappell, is obviously of the opinion that the assailant would have had more respect for an Indian.

More? Laughing What does Chappell know about us Indians?
HH_pink
HH_pink

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 23 Nov 2007, 04:21

I know you have no respect, or self-respect, HH . . . or you wouldn't be on this forum bitching and whining like a baby all the time.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Fri 23 Nov 2007, 04:52

Or I could be into S & M ...
HH_pink
HH_pink

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajan Sadhanandam Fri 23 Nov 2007, 12:32

HH_pink wrote:
tac wrote:

More? Laughing What does Chappell know about us Indians?

My point is: the assailant is a self proclaimed leader of a regional outfit- Kalinga sena( The army of Orissa). Debashish Mohanty and SS Das have been the only cricketers from Orissa to have represented India in cricket.Already GSC had established a reputation for being "anti saurav".

The easiest way of creating a ruckus about the non inclusion of Orissa players is by reaching out and landing a punch on a Old Man like GSC, who happened to be the Team Coach, deeply involved in selecting the team.

Surely he cant identify the BCCI Selectors and punch them, they are not so famous and would not be an attractive news worthy item even for our news hungry TV Channels.The idiot threw the punch and got arrested but more than that he had his 5 minutes under the spot light on all major News channels.

if you have any doubt about the way the general indian public treats the "visiting white man", you are free to take the views of those visited India. I am positively sure that they will vouch for the fact that Indians bend over backwards to respect and ensure comfort for the visitors.

Rajan Sadhanandam

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3