Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis Players. Greedy AND soft. Just ask Andy.

+21
WideWally
beamer
Fred Nerk
horace
Paul Keating
Anthony_Gonzales
baggygreen
tricycle
Henry
lardbucket
Nath
JGK
PeterCS
Red
taipan
Brass Monkey
skully
Mick Sawyer
embee
G.Wood
Zat
25 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Tennis Players. Greedy AND soft. Just ask Andy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tennis Players. Greedy AND soft. Just ask Andy.

Post by taipan Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:27

vilkrang wrote:Aight.
Er?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Tennis Players. Greedy AND soft. Just ask Andy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tennis Players. Greedy AND soft. Just ask Andy.

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:31

Tru' dat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 20 Sep 2011, 13:01

Laughing Vilks outTaipsing Taips.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 21 Sep 2011, 05:02

Hehehe Stich it up your arse, Andy...

From the mouth of Michael Stich. Who won Wimbledon once. (Once more than Murray, ftr...)
I don't think it is a big issue. They are not playing more than we did 10 or 15 years ago and they have shorter seasons than we used to.

When people like Stefan Edberg played in singles and doubles at Grand Slams, they [just] did their job. Andy Murray doesn't even play four rounds of Davis Cup each year.

It's not down to the tournaments and the ATP [Association of Tennis Professionals], it's down to the players themselves. Perhaps they need to look out for their bodies and pick their tournaments better?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 21 Sep 2011, 05:03

And from the same article:
David Lloyd, the former Great Britain Davis Cup captain, is unimpressed by Murray's talk of a strike.

Lloyd said: "I find it an incredible statement. They are making absolute fortunes.

"Normally, you strike because you are not getting enough money or your place of work is not good enough. They play all the best places in the world, they get picked up by Rolls Royces at the airport, they stay at 10-star hotels and get paid a fortune.

"So I am not sure what part of the normal reasons to strike are there. To say we are going to get round the table to try to sort out the calendar is different. I think it is a scandalous thing to say.

"I have no sympathy for the players. They can play 19 weeks and make £10m or play 20 weeks and make £20m. An extra £10m, I don't really think that is a big problem to be honest."

So the phrase 'soft, greedy, qunts' proves accurate.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 21 Sep 2011, 07:18

Murray's an English Scotsman, or Scottish Englishman. That should be enough information. Twisted Evil
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 21 Sep 2011, 07:28

They seem to be able to be chippy and arrogant at the same time those scottlish types
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 21 Sep 2011, 08:15

Tennis Players. Greedy AND soft. Just ask Andy. - Page 2 Willy
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 21 Sep 2011, 09:32

TBH, a spoilt person is a spoilt person, regardless of their nationality. This bloke, in particular, is a weaselcocked little shitbag.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 21 Sep 2011, 13:18

Harsh.

I bet he plays better tennis than you.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 21 Sep 2011, 13:50

I bet he does a lot of things better than me. Acting unacquisitive isn't one of them.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 14 May 2012, 01:49

Federer moves to No 2 in the world and Rafa falls to 3 which will probably be their seedings for the French.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 14 May 2012, 01:50

What was the deal with the blue clay in Madrid? Looked like a Smurf had chucked up.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 14 May 2012, 03:45

It gave Rafa and Djoko something to complain about.

Although it seems a blue background is supposed to, according to some boffins on the wireless over the weekend, make it easier to see a tennis ball than the regular colour of clay.

I had a look at some of it on ESPN on the weekend. It was still tennis. It was still crap.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 14 May 2012, 03:47

Zat wrote:It gave Rafa and Djoko something to complain about.

Although it seems a blue background is supposed to, according to some boffins on the wireless over the weekend, make it easier to see a tennis ball than the regular colour of clay.

I had a look at some of it on ESPN on the weekend. It was still tennis. It was still crap.
Sageness all round. And the Joker certainly DID moan about it.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 14 May 2012, 04:06

Funnily enough, as tennis players change ends after every second game, I would have thought the surface is pretty much the same for every player.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 14 May 2012, 04:09

Indeed. I thought the Joker's moaning was highly misplaced. As always, the Fed kept his mouth shut and endeavoured to let his tennis do the talking.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Mon 14 May 2012, 13:43

Zat wrote:It gave Rafa and Djoko something to complain about.

and weren't they talking about dyeing the balls a different colour (for next year?)?
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11981

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 14 May 2012, 13:46

I think virtually all hard court/carpet tennis is played on a blue surface.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 27 Sep 2012, 23:56

Stosur beats Sharapova. There's a surprise, and a tragedy for viewers.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 28 Sep 2012, 00:00

I thought you had revived this thread due to our disparaging comments about 'our' Andy back before he became a down-to-earth, national hero of the highest order?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 28 Sep 2012, 00:02

no - couldn't find a more appropriate tennis thread

Still, I'm sure he's a hero to all the Scots as well as to all the Englishmen who accept Scotsmen as their compatriots

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 28 Sep 2012, 00:04

Zat wrote:The only reason to glance askance at women's tennis is the hope that a tit may pop out of a top.

Of course, knowing my luck, the only time I'd get to see it happen it would be one of the Williams sisters...

I could have done without that image

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:48

lardbucket wrote:
Zat wrote:The only reason to glance askance at women's tennis is the hope that a tit may pop out of a top.

Of course, knowing my luck, the only time I'd get to see it happen it would be one of the Williams sisters...

I could have done without that image

Further to this:

http://media.smh.com.au/sport/sports-hq/caroline-wozniacki-impersonates-serena-williams-3883740.html

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 12 Dec 2012, 08:59

Oh dear PC gone completely mad. Wozniacki has now been accused of "racism" for the impersonation.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/not-just-harmless-fun-wozniacki-accused-of-racism-after-williams-impression-20121212-2b8gy.html

"On Tumblr, one blogger wrote: "This isn't "harmless fun" as one article described it. its racist. out and outright racism. mocking and making fun of the bodies of black women for a laugh? real funny, stupid white girl. real real funny.'"

FFS you idiot. YOU'RE the one who's being racist for assuming that every black woman has curves and a big 'booty'!

F*cking twat.

Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next