Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series?

+12
SG
horace
LeFromage
taipan
krikri
Merlin
Basil
DJ_Smerk
Brass Monkey
lardbucket
tricycle
Chivalry Augustus
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How many?

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series?

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 19 Jan 2012, 05:17

Waugh seemed ok with the action in 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsAROIEcjcc

I personally don't think it's ok and should be tested again.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series?

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 19 Jan 2012, 05:19

Holding thinks it's impossible to "bowl" the doosra but i reckon Saqlain did it with out a problem.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 19 Jan 2012, 08:25

embee wrote:
Dello wrote:His action is a joke. Always thought so. Nothing's changed.

The fact that he was reported to the ICC in 2009 and "cleared" only confirms that their tests are an absolute sham.

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Saeed-Ajmal_2112049b

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Ajmals_1439131a

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Ajmal-200x0

15 degrees? And the rest.

It can be bent ...it just has to stay bent

It doesn't. It straightens fully.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 19 Jan 2012, 08:51

SG wrote:Looking at pictures Dello posted, his actions looks joke, absolutely joke. How can anyone allow him to get away like this?

Haroon Lorgat was on Sky Sports News last night saying there's nothing wrong with his action!!!!!
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 19 Jan 2012, 08:55

Brass Monkey wrote:
SG wrote:Looking at pictures Dello posted, his actions looks joke, absolutely joke. How can anyone allow him to get away like this?

Haroon Lorgat was on Sky Sports News last night saying there's nothing wrong with his action!!!!!

WTF does he know about cricket?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 19 Jan 2012, 08:59

Haroon fecking Lorgat ...........w.t.f. is he away from his bog ?!

The Pak chucks it .... bent as a bandit.... and getting away with it.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:07

Wonder what Pak fans would term Lorgat now. They've always hated him with a passion for 'snatching' ICCCT and CWC '11 hosting rights from Pak and call him an Indian stooge.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:31

SG wrote:
Wonder what Pak fans would term Lorgat now. They've always hated him with a passion for 'snatching' ICCCT and CWC '11 hosting rights from Pak and call him an Indian stooge.

He thinks Ajmal is an Indian.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:18

PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 19 Jan 2012, 23:27

not much difference between chucking and ball tampering as far as I can see...mintts and bottle tops are like chucking...both require an asterisk on the result..

the english bleating about all this is amusing
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42593
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Mon 23 Jan 2012, 02:48

I think posters on this thread have been very disrespectful to the game(and Ajmal)

A highly skilled bowler who at best chucks it a little bit is being judged purely on the slight chuck and not how he has badly bamboozled the # 1 team.

Credit should be given where it's due.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 23 Jan 2012, 02:50

"Credit should be given where it's due"

Aye ...Well chucked
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26263
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 24 Jan 2012, 04:53

Your credit sucked....

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:46

PlanetPakistan wrote:I think posters on this thread have been very disrespectful to the game(and Ajmal)

A highly skilled bowler who at best chucks it a little bit is being judged purely on the slight chuck and not how he has badly bamboozled the # 1 team.

Credit should be given where it's due.

He's very skilful.

And a chucker.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:50

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Saeed-Ajmal_2112049b

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Ajmals_1439131a

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Ajmal-200x0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He is very, very skilful. But you may as well replace the ball with a javelin / baseball in the above pictures.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 24 Jan 2012, 14:36

A lot of off spinners and SLA bowlers like Abdur Razzaq and Botha look like chuckers if you are going to use 2 D pictures. Don't think the English posters have taken the defeat too well and have ended up disrespecting the game.

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 Johan-botha-action
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 24 Jan 2012, 14:47

I've taken the defeat fine, thank you ever so much.

I lay no blame at Ajmal's door apart from being able to precipitate some frankly awful batting. Incredibly inept, sh!tty, awful batting. Horrendous. As pathetic as I remember England to be against a bit of 'mystery'.

BUT Using 2D, taking the defeat well and putting up a picture of a South African chucker as an excuse does nothing to disprove the quite frankly massive chuck that Ajmal is doing - unless you think he doesn't straighten his arm from that point? The above pictures of Ajmal shows from different angles the extent of his chucking.

Only a man blinded by nationality could say any different.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 24 Jan 2012, 17:22

Brass Monkey wrote:I've taken the defeat fine, thank you ever so much.

I lay no blame at Ajmal's door apart from being able to precipitate some frankly awful batting. Incredibly inept, sh!tty, awful batting. Horrendous. As pathetic as I remember England to be against a bit of 'mystery'.

BUT Using 2D, taking the defeat well and putting up a picture of a South African chucker as an excuse does nothing to disprove the quite frankly massive chuck that Ajmal is doing - unless you think he doesn't straighten his arm from that point? The above pictures of Ajmal shows from different angles the extent of his chucking.

Only a man blinded by nationality could say any different.

Only a man blinded by fast bowling could be so fecking stupid. He still thinks figjam doesn't chuck.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 24 Jan 2012, 17:55

I'm not sure about Shoaib. I saw numerous slow-mos where his elbow flexed backwards, didn't seem bad to me.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 24 Jan 2012, 18:06

Brass Monkey wrote:I'm not sure about Shoaib. I saw numerous slow-mos where his elbow flexed backwards, didn't seem bad to me.

Was he wearing full length or 3/4 length sleeves?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 24 Jan 2012, 18:12

Was in Pak '05 I reckon, short sleeves
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 24 Jan 2012, 18:17

Then his speed was down..

The first time I saw Shoaib bowling I was having a beer with a fairly reasonable FC quickie..

He was adamant he was chucking, and then said look at the sleeves. I watched Shoaib closely after that and noted that when he wore short sleeves he was normally 10 ks down in pace..
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 24 Jan 2012, 18:26

Maybe you're right, he definitely had a freakish arm that would be difficult to gauge:

How many wickets will Saeed Ajmal get in this series? - Page 2 FIG1

"upper arm external rotation and elbow hyperextension"
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by krikri Tue 24 Jan 2012, 18:38

Michael Holding made a short video a while back looking at the differences between Shoaib's hyperextension and RP Singh's hyperextension. RP's action looked fine from front on, Shoaib's looked a bit sketchy though.

Here it is..

krikri
krikri

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 24 Jan 2012, 18:58

Interesting vid, looks a little sketch, looks like a circular bend with Shobby, sort of inconclusive. It's certainly no Ajmal ping, anyhow. About a minute in, doosra:

Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next