Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit

+27
whitburn
Bradman
Gary 111
eowyn
Merlin
Aditya
Big Dog
WideWally
beamer
PeterCS
tricycle
baggygreen
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
skully
JGK
Red
Brass Monkey
Basil
Hass
horace
Henry
G.Wood
taipan
furriner
Paul Keating
embee
31 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit  - Page 13 Empty Re: Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit

Post by lardbucket Tue 25 Oct 2016, 14:50

more support for Clarke, nice article by Brett Geeves ...

ARTICLE

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38071
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit  - Page 13 Empty Re: Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit

Post by tricycle Tue 25 Oct 2016, 16:33

And it doesn't reflect too well on Ponting either. Didn't Geeves have a blog on the Tasmanian cricket board website back then? Wasn't too shabby, iirc.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 25 Oct 2016, 23:59

He's a good natured and apparently balanced bloke, speaks well on radio, happy to laugh at himself and has never suffered from a big head. Or two.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 26 Oct 2016, 04:30

lardbucket wrote:He's a good natured and apparently balanced bloke, speaks well on radio, happy to laugh at himself and has never suffered from a big head. Or two.

he was great on the abc...funny and erudite...seemed well balanced and not into dunking people in toilet bowls...
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Wed 26 Oct 2016, 05:36

That's a great piece, best I've read in a long time.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 26 Oct 2016, 05:37

like the schoolgirl was...

meanwhile the deadshit lying big rodent says there is no problemos with team culture..

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2016/10/25/pat-howard-aussie-cricket-team-doesn-t-have-a-culture-problem/
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 26 Oct 2016, 05:39

FWIW I think it's improved out of sight since TPOS left.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 26 Oct 2016, 06:12

see no evidence of that at all....

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 26 Oct 2016, 06:48

furriner wrote:That's a great piece, best I've read in a long time.

Aye some nice fantasy stuff on South Africa.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 26 Oct 2016, 07:07

lardbucket wrote:FWIW I think it's improved out of sight since TPOS left.

Nice. I think TPOS will stick
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 26 Oct 2016, 07:16

taipan wrote:
lardbucket wrote:FWIW I think it's improved out of sight since TPOS left.

Nice. I think TPOS will stick

it stuck with you...
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 26 Oct 2016, 07:23

That article from Geeves is pretty damning, but I can believe it. I was in South Africa in 2006 and witnessed an Australian training session at Cape Town before the ODI there. Andrew Symonds was constantly hurling abuse at the 'junior' members of the squad like Mick Lewis and Nathan Bracken- Really nasty stuff during the fielding drills if they made a mistake. The South African guy who was with me at the time turned to me in disbelief and said, "I can't believe that. That's just bullying, plain and simple. You wouldn't accept that in the workplace."

Ive long felt that if you're 'in', you're in, in Australian cricket. But if you're not 'in', you're treated very shabbily indeed.

In regards to Michael Clarke, we probably don't need any more evidence to prove that he was/is a tool. Has anyone actually stood up for him of late apart from his wife?

Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 26 Oct 2016, 07:26

Henry wrote:That article from Geeves is pretty damning, but I can believe it. I was in South Africa in 2006 and witnessed an Australian training session at Cape Town before the ODI there. Andrew Symonds was constantly hurling abuse at the 'junior' members of the squad like Mick Lewis and Nathan Bracken- Really nasty stuff during the fielding drills if they made a mistake. The South African guy who was with me at the time turned to me in disbelief and said, "I can't believe that. That's just bullying, plain and simple. You wouldn't accept that in the workplace."

Ive long felt that if you're 'in', you're in, in Australian cricket. But if you're not 'in', you're treated very shabbily indeed.

In regards to Michael Clarke, we probably don't need any more evidence to prove that he was/is a tool. Has anyone actually stood up for him of late apart from his wife?

Horrie.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 26 Oct 2016, 07:33

I would'nt hold Symonds up as a typical example of Australian team culture. He blotted his own copybook on a number of occasions.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Wed 26 Oct 2016, 07:39

I'll say this about the Aussie team in the last days of Ponting and through the Clarke era- it seems all of them are tools.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 26 Oct 2016, 07:49

furriner wrote:I'll say this about the Aussie team in the last days of Ponting and through the Clarke era- it seems all of them are tools.

Of course they're tools. Always have been. And yes Ive banged on about it on here over the years. A lot of Aussie fans don't mind if their team is full of tools as long as they are winning. But when the winning stops, elements of the team culture are examined more closely.

The environment in the Aussie team has long been just as volatile as any Pakistani dressing room or England with KP and Prior etc. Warne and Steve Waugh hated each other, Warne and Gilchrist didn't like each other...well it turns out that Warne didn't really get on with ANYONE in the Australian team except perhaps for Darren Lehmann and Glenn McGrath. Clarke wasn't liked by anyone either. Apart from a few exceptions (Hussey, Harris, Katich and a few others) theres a special kind of ego involved with being a top Australian cricketer.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 26 Oct 2016, 07:53

Henry wrote:
furriner wrote:I'll say this about the Aussie team in the last days of Ponting and through the Clarke era- it seems all of them are tools.

Of course they're tools. Always have been. And yes Ive banged on about it on here over the years. A lot of Aussie fans don't mind if their team is full of tools as long as they are winning. But when the winning stops, elements of the team culture are examined more closely.

The environment in the Aussie team has long been just as volatile as any Pakistani dressing room or England with KP and Prior etc. Warne and Steve Waugh hated each other, Warne and Gilchrist didn't like each other...well it turns out that Warne didn't really get on with ANYONE in the Australian team except perhaps for Darren Lehmann and Glenn McGrath.  Clarke wasn't liked by anyone either. Apart from a few exceptions (Hussey, Harris, Katich and a few others) theres a special kind of ego involved with being a top Australian cricketer.

We could go back to Bradman, Fingleton, O'Reilly etc.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 26 Oct 2016, 08:45

Katich was and is an arsehole
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 26 Oct 2016, 08:50

However...whatever the lows Oz cricket have reached are nothing compared to the deep mining of the saffies and poms...

Hansie and the bribes and bullying of others

Swann, Jimmeh, Lady Di and Prior bullying and lording it over those around them and then not trying when the chips were down - toss in a weak captain void of character and it is a recipe for disaster..eg last tour of OZ.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 26 Oct 2016, 08:53

horace wrote:However...whatever the lows Oz cricket have reached are nothing compared to the deep mining of the saffies and poms...

Swann, Jimmeh, Lady Di and Prior bullying and lording it over those around them and then not trying when the chips were down - toss in a weak captain void of character and it is a recipe for disaster..eg last tour of OZ.

Aye Horrie. Not really fair to single out Aust. All the major test teams have had their personality & culture problems in the past (and present).
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 26 Oct 2016, 08:57

see - we agree on many things!
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 26 Oct 2016, 09:11

Breaking News....most decent cricketers were/are "gods" amongst their teenage peers, and therefore automatically become arrogant arseholes. It is the way of teenagers. Arrogant arseholery is a hard thing to shake once older.

If we're winning, who cares. If we are losing, nice grist for bagging. shrug

Last edited by skully on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 09:13; edited 1 time in total
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105885

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 26 Oct 2016, 09:13

Big Dog wrote:
horace wrote:However...whatever the lows Oz cricket have reached are nothing compared to the deep mining of the saffies and poms...

Aye Horrie. Not really fair to single out Aust. All the major test teams have had their personality & culture problems in the past (and present).

Who ever said Aus were the only ones with problems? It's just more fun seeing them in disarray Laughing
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 26 Oct 2016, 09:19

Henry wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

Who ever said Aus were the only ones with problems? It's just more fun seeing them in disarray Laughing

Aye Trev, and no one even mentioned the Warne/Waugh bookie cover up.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 06 Nov 2016, 13:58

Nation collectively groans each time Michael Clarke opens his mouth
"I can't stand it." he said.

Nation collectively groans each time Michael Clarke opens his mouth
4 November, 2016. 11:34

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact

SEATED NEXT TO HIS mate of twenty years, Gilbert Greene picks his schooner up off the bar and heads for the smoking area.

Though he’s enjoying the shocking return to form, that’s where his love of Nine Network’s coverage of the First Test against South Africa ends.

“Let me know when that qunt stops yapping. I’m ducking out for some lung candy,” he said. “I can’t stand the sound of that half-sleeve wanker’s voice.”

The 46-year-old disability pensioner explains that he didn’t mind Clarke when he played the game, he didn’t mind him when he was seeing “that bipedal trainwreck” Lara Bingle – he has a problem with the retired batsmen because he dogged the boys.

“Any sucked mango seed can have a book ghostwritten about their career. Clarkey’s one just had a bit more pepper and autofellatio than others,” he said.

“Not like Mark Taylor’s. That was riddled with spelling errors and other grammatical issues. A real 500-page sleeping tablet. I’ve had cardiac episodes more entertaining, qunt.”

Mr Greene then coughed sharply and spat out a dark yellow golly before continuing his tirade.

“Old Kerry would be flip flopping around in his grave like a bloke who’s just fallen back and crack his head on the pavement. It’s phucked, mate.”

Green was abruptly asked to leave the premises after getting down on the floor and mimicking a bloke having a trauma-induced seizure.
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26186
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next