Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

+21
Basil
Merlin
Paul Keating
Henry
G.Wood
lardbucket
PeterCS
Anthony_Gonzales
The One
JGK
Lara Lara Laughs
Big Dog
tricycle
taipan
horace
embee
Brass Monkey
furriner
spangler
skully
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 12 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Big Dog Tue 25 Aug 2015, 03:51

Did anyone else catch 'Fear The Walking Dead' yesterday?
I wasn't all that impressed. Very slow moving & the characters were not all that likeable. Can only improve I guess.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 12 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 09:35

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Yeah couldn't believe how dark and violent it was. Not just for a Marvel production, for anything! And it actually tells a good story well.

Tbh I only liked 2 Marvel films. Captain America Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. The rest are generally dross.

The first Avengers was alright as well. Mainly because of the humour.
How far along are you? Not sure what stuff I can talk about as I don't want to spoil anything!

How good is the opening title sequence as well? Very haunting.

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 25 Aug 2015, 09:37

Big Dog wrote:Did anyone else catch 'Fear The Walking Dead' yesterday?
I wasn't all that impressed. Very slow moving & the characters were not all that likeable. Can only improve I guess.

Isn't that because they are zombies?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 25 Aug 2015, 09:39

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Yeah couldn't believe how dark and violent it was. Not just for a Marvel production, for anything! And it actually tells a good story well.

Tbh I only liked 2 Marvel films. Captain America Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. The rest are generally dross.

"Puny God".

Is Daredevil a TV show or movie?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 25 Aug 2015, 09:40

JGK wrote:

Isn't that because they are zombies?

Laughing Yes.....but also the storyline.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:10

JGK wrote:

"Puny God".

Both, but stay away from the movie, it was an awful film with Ben Affleck made over a decade ago.

The TV series is the recent one and is fantastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:13

I have recently been watching the classic BBC Colditz from 1972. Pretty well acted and surprisingly not badly dated though it was clearly on a low budget.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:21

vilkrang wrote:
JGK wrote:

"Puny God".

Both, but stay away from the movie, it was an awful film with Ben Affleck made over a decade ago.

The TV series is the recent one and is fantastic.

It doesn't seem to be on in OZ at the moment.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:22

Actually, just checked - it's on Netflix so I can watch it.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:24

Exclusively on netflix  Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 26 Aug 2015, 01:24

Decent. Quite liked it. Change of pace from the usual WD stuff, but I thought the slow build up of impending doom was nicely done.

Of course, once everyone works out the zombie apocalypse is upon them in, say, two more episodes, where does it go from there? Aside from the setting it'll just be WD by numbers again.

LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 26 Aug 2015, 23:05

Vilks - smashed 4 late last night and just finished it off. It's brilliant all the way through. So well paced, plotted, written from start to finish. Fantastic stuff. Daredevil's relative lack of powers only made it more compelling. And yes, the opening titles are wicked.

Agree about the suit but I've seen worse. Apparently he upgrades it season 2. S2 is going to be Daredevil vs Punisher, early next year according to google. Will massively miss Fisk though. Cracking performance. Ledger Joker-level and that's rare. And I've got a massive crush on Karen Payne. Always been a sucker for long legs and a pencil skirt though.

Spoiler:

JGK, Danny, Dello, anyone else - if you watch it you won't regret it. Sh*ts on the vast majority of stuff out there. So enjoyable. Twisted Evil
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 27 Aug 2015, 20:25

Two recent favourites of mine (I don't watch a heap of TV, except as much cricket as possible and some AFL) have been 'Happy Valley' (starring Sarah Lancashire) and more recently 'The Honourable Woman' starring the always watchable Maggie Gyllenhall.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38084
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 03 Sep 2015, 01:01

I have to put a plug in for Utopia (on the ABC).

Last night's show (S2E3)crossed the line between satire and dramatic re-enactment of a week in the life of my office.

Absolute genius.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 03 Sep 2015, 09:13

Dello wrote:

Decent. Quite liked it. Change of pace from the usual WD stuff, but I thought the slow build up of impending doom was nicely done.

Of course, once everyone works out the zombie apocalypse is upon them in, say, two more episodes, where does it go from there? Aside from the setting it'll just be WD by numbers again.

I just watched the first episode of FTWD. Not bad. Would have been much better if the original WD hadn't already been going for four years. A bit of the suspense is lost as a result.

Is there a plan to combine the two shows? Otherwse I can't see how this won't just dilute the original show when the new season starts in a couple of months.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Sep 2015, 09:20

I know I'm a bit behind, but did everyone here watch Dead Set? Basically a zombie film (spread over five episodes) set in the Big Brother house. 

If you take it as a zombie film then it's one of the best I've seen, it has all the tropes you'd expect but they are all done very well and it was enjoyable from start to finish, the Big Brother setting wasn't gimmicky but it was a good source for a few laughs (and Davina was a pretty good zombie, this coming from someone who is most definitely not a fan of most things she does).

Well impressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 03 Sep 2015, 22:03

Henry wrote:
Dello wrote:

I just watched the first episode of FTWD. Not bad. Would have been much better if the original WD hadn't already been going for four years. A bit of the suspense is lost as a result.

Is there a plan to combine the two shows? Otherwse I can't see how this won't just dilute the original show when the new season starts in a couple of months.

After watching episode two, I'm over it. The leading characters are a pack of turgid farkwits. I'm rooting for the zombies from now on.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 03 Sep 2015, 22:32

I dunno when I'll find time to give FTWD a go. I still haven't caught up with back episodes of House of Cards, Grimm, Supernatural, Falling Skies, Gotham, and the Blacklist (which I think I'll now pass on).
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105919

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 09:22

Big Dog wrote:
Henry wrote:
Dello wrote:

After watching episode two, I'm over it. The leading characters are a pack of turgid farkwits. I'm rooting for the zombies from now on.
Watch Dead Set  Cool .

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 04 Sep 2015, 15:45

vilkrang wrote:I know I'm a bit behind, but did everyone here watch Dead Set? Basically a zombie film (spread over five episodes) set in the Big Brother house. 

If you take it as a zombie film then it's one of the best I've seen, it has all the tropes you'd expect but they are all done very well and it was enjoyable from start to finish, the Big Brother setting wasn't gimmicky but it was a good source for a few laughs (and Davina was a pretty good zombie, this coming from someone who is most definitely not a fan of most things she does).

Well impressed.

A bit behind? Must be about six years old.

I saw it at the time. Charlie Brooker (Black Mirror, Nathan Barley, panel shows-a-go-go) joint. It wasn't bad, as I recall. It was re-cut after broadcast and released as a feature length version, which I haven't seen, that probably flows a lot better. In episodic form it was a bit clunky.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Fri 04 Sep 2015, 16:57

Been trying to find a reason to keep Netflix now I've finally watched Daredevil and Better Call Saul. Found one. Bloodline. Very very good so far.

That Aussie, Ben Mendelsohn, who keeps popping up in decent films (Starred Up, Killing Them Softly, Place beyond the Pines) is a fine fine actor.

And Sam Shepard puts in a wonderful performance.

Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 23:49

Holy shit. Nathan for You might be the funniest show since Brass Eye. I watched the first episode thinking it was all actors but the only guy in on the joke is Nathan. 

Don't judge it on the first episode (particularly the very first segment which isn't all that funny) it gets so much better and improves every episode. The Claw of Shame is a particular highlight  Laughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 12:13

New Heroes anyone? Special effects are as shite as always. I'm also bored already without any of the old good heroes showing up yet (apart from Gordon Freeman).

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 26 Sep 2015, 12:22

Thanks for the tip, vilks. Was gonna have a look but couldn't be bothered trying to follow the ridiculously overcomplicated plotlines (or are they trying to avoid that this time around?)
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105919

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 13:11

Only two episodes have been released so far, I'm just starting the second one. 

If you liked the original then you'll definitely like this, if you had problems with the original (i.e. most people) then I don't think it's a total lost cause yet. Just about to watch episode two, I'll let you know my thoughts after that, it's just about holding my attention so far.

Plus Matt Parkman is only in one episode apparently (not yet though). I hate that guy. Suresh is in a few though...

It seems like it's only going to be Gordon Freeman who is in every episode but he was one of the better characters so that's not really a bad thing. I'd prefer more Hiro and would have been nice for a Spock cameo but it's not a complete disaster (yet).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next