Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

+21
Basil
Merlin
Paul Keating
Henry
G.Wood
lardbucket
PeterCS
Anthony_Gonzales
The One
JGK
Lara Lara Laughs
Big Dog
tricycle
taipan
horace
embee
Brass Monkey
furriner
spangler
skully
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 11 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 08 Jul 2015, 20:20

I like it. It's like La Confidential with a sprinkle of Lynch. I particularly like Farrell.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 11 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 13 Jul 2015, 21:06

Wasn't sure about Vaughan, was waiting for him to show me something to justify the flat, pretentious delivery of the awful dialogue he's been given but nah, nada, nothing. He's got 4 episodes not to be a massive flop. There's only so many times we can watch him strong arm 30% of old weekend jobs and paper rounds coz he's broke. Despite the script, a better actor could have made it less noticeably weird/bad. It's a shame because apart from him I think everyone else is just about pulling their weight, acting wise.

Spoiler:
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Mon 13 Jul 2015, 21:46

Watching True Detective and waiting, the slow start is deliberate I think.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 14 Jul 2015, 07:23

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Wasn't sure about Vaughan, was waiting for him to show me something to justify the flat, pretentious delivery of the awful dialogue he's been given but nah, nada, nothing. He's got 4 episodes not to be a massive flop. There's only so many times we can watch him strong arm 30% of old weekend jobs and paper rounds coz he's broke. Despite the script, a better actor could have made it less noticeably weird/bad. It's a shame because apart from him I think everyone else is just about pulling their weight, acting wise.

Spoiler:

I really don't know what to make of it. Vaughan delivers his lines like someone trying to read out loud for the first time. The other actors are all right.

It's a bit shitty soap opera-y. Reformed gangster and his wife are trying to have a baby, repressed gay gets his beard knocked up, drunk cop is in a custody battle with his ex-wife over their son. Come on, man. What is this bunch of dicks?

Spoiler:

And bloody Andrea from Breaking Bad smoking shisha? Where's Brock at? Terrible mother (although well done on bouncing back from being shot in the back of the head).
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 14 Jul 2015, 18:12

Spoiler:
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 14 Jul 2015, 18:52

Ani's dad...

Spoiler:

LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 14 Jul 2015, 19:00

He's a good guy in The Green Mile. :p

What are your top 5 tv dramas nowadays Dello? Have you finally watched The bloody Wire yet?
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 14 Jul 2015, 19:01

Of all time I mean.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 14 Jul 2015, 19:07

Anyone watch Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell? I don't mean telly fogs like Dello, Lara and vilks, I mean normskis? Delightful bit of whimsy.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 14 Jul 2015, 19:20

Tried it but couldn't get into it. Got bored. Might try that Rectify thing. Or give Deadwood another go.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 14 Jul 2015, 20:24

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:He's a good guy in The Green Mile. :p

What are your top 5 tv dramas nowadays Dello? Have you finally watched The bloody Wire yet?

Course I've watched the Wire.

Top five TV dramas of all time? I've made it this far in life without ever having to make a definitive decision on anything. I'm not about to start now.

My current viewing list includes True Detective, Better Call Saul, The Walking Dead, Humans (not great but I'm sticking with it), Under the Dome (addictively awful), and The Americans (underrated and probably only has one more season until it's cancelled).

I feel we're in a bit of a lull for classic TV shows at the moment.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 14 Jul 2015, 20:49

You used to proudly claim you hadn't seen it. If you've seen season 1-4 of The Wire then it must be top whether you want to do a list or not. I struggle to watch anything without thinking how inferior it is to that. Heard The Shield is good but can't cope with how much of it there is to get through.

I watched BCS, it was great. Surprisingly great. Humans is alright, reminds me of Utopia in style. Nothing spesh so far though. Only ever watched first half of first season of WD. Again, nothing spesh.

The Fall's pretty good if you haven't seen it. Also, Line of Duty from a few years ago. Would recommend that.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 14 Jul 2015, 20:53

My brother keeps on raving about the 100. I'm straight outta nehsville, but I may have to try it.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 14 Jul 2015, 20:55

Hahaha, "straight out of nehsville". Still got it Dan. Very Happy
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 14 Jul 2015, 21:17

Bit of a Delloism I reckon.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jul 2015, 21:40

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:You used to proudly claim you hadn't seen it. If you've seen season 1-4 of The Wire.
Now come on.

Season 5 of the Wire only looks bad in comparison to other seasons of The Wire, it's still better than any other show.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 14 Jul 2015, 21:45

Are we still doing spoiler tags for The Wire? Ha. I agree s5 was still great. But the weird McNulty serial killing thing just seemed mad. Still loved it, especially the cyclical denouement with the kids. Dukie damn near broke my heart.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 20 Jul 2015, 22:06

Spoiler:
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 03 Aug 2015, 21:07

Can I just say that episode 7 was bloody cracking. Really enjoying it and will miss nearly all the characters now.

Will have to re-watch that one to understand all of the crazily dense plot though.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 03 Aug 2015, 21:12

In fact, I'd say as good as any episode of season 1. Brilliant.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 23 Aug 2015, 21:40

No point talking about end of TD because no-one seems interested but has anyone seen Daredevil? Half way through. BRILLIANT.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 23 Aug 2015, 21:49

I'm two episodes behind on TD. I've got them sitting there waiting for me but I just can't get enthusiastic enough to be arsed watching them at the moment.

I hear Daredevil's good, but I'm all Marvel superhero'd out.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 23 Aug 2015, 22:01

It's really nothing like Marvel. It's very very brutal (I'm talking brains smashed and splattered in car doors and arm bones snapped and poking through the skin on screen) and has a proper narrative. Really really surprisingly good. Choreography and production values are fantastic. Vincent D'onofrio (full metal jacket - shot in the mouth guy) is superb as the villain. Really gets good ep 3.

TD. Basically from the street shootout/massacre until the end of the penultimate episode is top banana (even Vaughan's alright). Then the last one is not as good but a decent end.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 22:13

Daredevil is f*cking great, pretty much all the way through. My only gripe is the state of the suit as the season finishes but apart from that it's mostly flawless, far far better than other stuff from Marvel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 23 Aug 2015, 22:21

Yeah couldn't believe how dark and violent it was. Not just for a Marvel production, for anything! And it actually tells a good story well.

Tbh I only liked 2 Marvel films. Captain America Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. The rest are generally dross.

The first Avengers was alright as well. Mainly because of the humour.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next