Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

+12
Paul Keating
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
taipan
skully
Big Dog
Blackadder
Ethics? The Gall!
JGK
embee
Bradman
horace
16 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 5 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by lardbucket Mon 21 Mar 2016, 10:47

It's all bullshit. We will probably end up with a small ALP majority in the Lower House, and a hostile, LNP-dominated Senate ... i.e. more bullshit, with another 3-4 years of ineffective government, and Albanese knifing Shorten just before the next election falls due in 2020.

You read it here first.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 5 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by horace Mon 21 Mar 2016, 10:59

ALP rules make.it v hard to knock off the leader.

Can't see how the ALP could possibly win the lower house. Feel sorry for Tas lib supporters having to vote for Erica Betz.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 21 Mar 2016, 11:19

Depending on how many of Erica's mates get elected, they will have the numbers in caucus.

It will not be pleasant except for the very rich. Will not be great for most folk, even the rednecks who will enjoy gays, Aboriginal people, unionists, people from non Anglo backgrounds et al copping it in the neck. God botherers of the born again christian brand will be ecstatic.

More bloody wars, more vicious social policy, more flat earth economics.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 22 Mar 2016, 00:10

Never had Turnbull figured for a gambler.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 22 Mar 2016, 21:36

The MM keeps scratching the eczema of his disappointment. Yesterday he said the election would be fought on his record. MT was then forced to correct him. The MT Weimer republic will be rolled post election.

National security concerns will promote paranoia and provide the pretext and support for internment of significant numbers of Muslims, unionists etc.

Time to invest in - protective - services.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 22 Mar 2016, 23:30

Jesus, enough Doomsaying already!

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 23 Mar 2016, 00:06

horace wrote:The MM keeps scratching the eczema of his disappointment. Yesterday he said the election would be fought on his record. MT was then forced to correct him. The MT Weimer republic will be rolled post election.

National security concerns will promote paranoia and provide the pretext and support for internment of significant numbers of Muslims, unionists etc.

Time to invest in - protective - services.

horrie

you know you are the balance for Bernardi
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 23 Mar 2016, 01:35

That is flattering. However, I don't get a vote on who is consigned to internment camps.

I think MT is decent enough, but wont have the numbers post election.

Time to read some history kids.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 23 Mar 2016, 01:57

Time to be realistic.

Abbott will never feature in Cabinet again, let alone rise twice.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 23 Mar 2016, 02:46

Minister for Church and State. Won't be Scum Mo. He's loathed even more by the lunar right.. Some other member of the lunar right. The MM is by no means the worst.

See little hope for this country. There is a lack of basic human decency and ot is inc reasingly mean spirited. Yesterday I had to explain to my mother why the Commonwealth Bank was going to charge her an usurious rate to get mailed statements of her accounts. She still does her banking but does not use the net. Last week I helped look after a young person who had been bashed. The kid would not go to hospital or make a complaint. A friend had taken him to her GP who patched him up. No breaks, just bruising and a couple of stitches in an eyebrow plus dealing with grazes where he was dragged on the bitumen. Neither the young bloke nor my mum were interested in complaints. They feared matters would get worse.

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 23 Mar 2016, 03:15

That sot of crap has been going on for years; it's got nothing to do with either side of politics, but rather the seedy jock/bogan behaviour of a group of individuals who reached their life peak when they made their school's first XVIII or XI.

I see decency daily on both sides of the political spectrum and I feel that the trivialisation of Australian politics (demonising 'the other side') is the worst possible course of action when seeking moderation. Find what unites people and emphasise common goals, not petty divisions.

I work with refugees on an almost daily basis and most of them cannot believe the opportunities and social benefits available here. They are grateful for the opportunities available and they have real ambition to contribute; they're not whining endlessly about how the place is falling apart. Some of us could learn a lot from them.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 23 Mar 2016, 03:21

lardbucket wrote:Time to be realistic.

I'm still hoping that my fellow Warringarites will vote him out of Parliament on 2 July.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 23 Mar 2016, 04:03

You are a good man Mr K as is Lardy.sorry to be an old depressed grouch

I hope the optimism of the refugees Lardy works with is warranted.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 23 Mar 2016, 04:23

lardbucket wrote:Time to be realistic.

Aye, I wish he'd shut up. He's embarrassing himself and doing harm to the Good Guys.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 23 Mar 2016, 04:45

I thought Abbott at his worst (the polls, the knighthood) was still electable, right up until the QLD election.

Apart from the crap in Belgium I would suggest there's cause for some optimism on the pinko side if he doesn't shut up skulls.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 23 Mar 2016, 07:54

Aye q. A Shortarse win in this election (when called) would be up there with Kunting's win in 1993 v Hewson, but Abbott is doing his best to see that eventuate.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 23 Mar 2016, 07:58

I have to say, this hoping the Tories will win is doing my head in.

Normally I would rejoice every time the Mad Monk said something stupid.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 23 Mar 2016, 08:07

Is that a genuine "hope", MrK? If so, what's your rationale? Apologies if I've missed a previous explanation from a usually rabid pinko. Shocked
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 23 Mar 2016, 08:09

skully wrote:Is that a genuine "hope", MrK? If so, what's your rationale? Apologies if I've missed a previous explanation from a usually rabid pinko. Shocked

Genuine hope because the ALP/ Greens policy on negative gearing is an absolute disaster. On the downside, the morons in the LNP look like they want to cut company tax which is also a shithouse idea.

But fark me, if Abbott was still the PM...

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 23 Mar 2016, 09:13

Cheers. Some simple financial motives. Noice. aces

But you still won't vote for Abbott locally, ay?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 30 Mar 2016, 04:29

Jackie Lambie on Bob Day:

"Bob Day is free to make decisions for himself and his own state -- but the problem for Bob is that his voting record shows he should just join the Liberal Party -- or rename his party from Family First to Rich Family First."

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 06 Apr 2016, 08:57

Phonus bolonus pollll has labor ahead. Meanwhile Kevin Andrews is trying to pressure the PM. Turns out Andrews still has leadership ambitions. Surely this cabal of fascists and nazi descendants in the case of Erica do not have a base in the Oz community. They have infiltrated the Libs like 5th columnists.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 06 Apr 2016, 08:58

A poll this week overwhelmingly supported retirement for the MM
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 06 Apr 2016, 10:13

horace wrote:Phonus bolonus pollll has labor ahead. Meanwhile Kevin Andrews is trying to pressure the PM. Turns out Andrews still has leadership ambitions. Surely this cabal of fascists and nazi descendants in the case of Erica do not have a base in the Oz community. They have infiltrated the Libs like 5th columnists.

Andrews must live on another planet to think he has any chance of leadership. He is a non-entity in the electorate.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 06 Apr 2016, 10:34

skully wrote:
horace wrote:Phonus bolonus pollll has labor ahead. Meanwhile Kevin Andrews is trying to pressure the PM. Turns out Andrews still has leadership ambitions. Surely this cabal of fascists and nazi descendants in the case of Erica do not have a base in the Oz community. They have infiltrated the Libs like 5th columnists.

Andrews must live on another planet to think he has any chance of leadership. He is a non-entity in the electorate.

Good on you S. Here is one political thing we can agree upon.

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next