Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

+13
WideWally
Paul Keating
Red
lardbucket
beamer
embee
Big Dog
horace
taipan
Bradman
skully
JGK
Fred Nerk
17 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 9 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman Tue 14 Nov 2017, 23:48

JGK wrote:62/38 for the good guys.

Weird results.   On the 17 electorates that voted no, most were ALP heartland in western Sydney including the seats for ALP front benchers like Bowen, Husic, Burke and Clare.

Whereas my electorate - with a certain Tony Abbott as our local member - was 75% "yes".

Damn fat fingers and booze. I meant to say 38 62
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 9 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by lardbucket Tue 14 Nov 2017, 23:52

Has the sky fallen in anywhere?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 14 Nov 2017, 23:58

lardbucket wrote:Has the sky fallen in anywhere?

There's lot of rainbows around.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Nov 2017, 01:40

I thought it might be a bigger margin than that. Oh well, clear and overwhelming majority for the right to live your life how you want.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105949

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 15 Nov 2017, 04:55

Why don't Blaxland pooves want to get married?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26213
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 15 Nov 2017, 04:59

embee wrote:Why don't Blaxland pooves want to get married?

They've all been thrown off buildings by the local towel heads.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:06

JGK wrote:

Laughing
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:07

JGK wrote:

Succinctly put. Cool

Blaxland has a very heavy Musi population.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:23

When Mr 15 minutes was reading out the no electorates I wasn't surprised. Are we racist skulls?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:25

And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election. Seems pretty harsh.

Opens the way for Jim Moylan to get into the Senate now.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:26

Bradman wrote:When Mr 15 minutes was reading out the no electorates I wasn't surprised.  Are we racist skulls?

I prefer "Realists".

Last edited by skully on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:30; edited 1 time in total
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:28

JGK wrote:And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election.  Seems pretty harsh.

I agree. The HC judges are showing no leeway or commonsense, merely applying the letter of the Constitution. Hughes missed out. So she wasn't allowed to get a job (well, a govt job)? She wasn't to know that she'd get a late call up. Very harsh.

And I think you mean Jim Molan - Erin's Dad. He'll be a sound addition to Lib ranks in the Senate.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:30

JGK wrote:And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election.  Seems pretty harsh.

Just been watching an African army officer say nothing to see here. This day just keeps getting better
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:44

Bradman wrote:

Just been watching an African army officer say nothing to see here.  This day just keeps getting better

Where is the African army based, or do they all look the same to you?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:52

skully wrote:

I agree. The HC judges are showing no leeway or commonsense, merely applying the letter of the Constitution. Hughes missed out. So she wasn't allowed to get a job (well, a govt job)? She wasn't to know that she'd get a late call up. Very harsh.

And I think you mean Jim Molan - Erin's Dad. He'll be a sound addition to Lib ranks in the Senate.

She might have been unlucky in that she was still employed by the AAT when the HC announced it's verdict (ie the moment Nash was gone).    So a very technical breach. And the timing of the breach might mean that Molan isn't guaranteed as it is more of a casual vacancy.

And yes, Molan.   He's a 2GB favourite.   Hadley will be boning up.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:10

I see (or rather hear) your bro has been getting some more GB airtime lately. He goes OK.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:14

taipan wrote:
Bradman wrote:

Just been watching an African army officer say nothing to see here.  This day just keeps getting better

I used the word "African" because I didn't want to say black. But yeah "African" generals addressing the nation to say nothing to see here do all look the same. Doesn't matter if they're name is Sankara or Botha. It all means duck and cover.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:25

Bradman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Bradman wrote:

I used the word "African" because I didn't want to say black.  But yeah "African" generals addressing the nation to say nothing to see here do all look the same.  Doesn't matter if they're name is Sankara or Botha.  It all means duck and cover.

So we are talking The Zimbabwe army?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:43

Its Africa. Captains and majors and on a couple of ocassions flight lieutenants organise coups and people dressed in combat cammo with a rank thats surely got to be a joke denounce them.

If it's happening Rhodesia can't be any worse off.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:47

Bradman wrote:Its Africa.  Captains and majors and on a couple of ocassions flight lieutenants organise coups and people dressed in combat cammo with a rank thats surely got to be a joke denounce them.

If it's happening Rhodesia can't be any worse off.

Word. I hear Northern Rhodesia is also getting better.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:27

skully wrote:
Bradman wrote:When Mr 15 minutes was reading out the no electorates I wasn't surprised.  Are we racist skulls?

I prefer "Realists".

Realistically I think Rick Wakeman and company would do well not to pop the cork on the champagne yet because it'll still be pretty damn warm and pretty damn flat by the time they get to drink it.....possible bases for Disputed Returns to stick their oar in are already being canvassed. Mal may have been uncharacteristically shrewd not specifying exactly which Christmas SSM would be 'law' by.

(All the same, 62% yes of 80% participation is pretty close to 50% of the 'electorate' even if we assume that every non-'voter' if locked in the cellar until giving an opinion would eventually have gasped 'no')

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:30

The bits north of Rhodesia are slowly getting better. Trance apparently had a revolution.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:42

JGK wrote:62/38 for the good guys.

Weird results. On the 17 electorates that voted no, most were ALP heartland in western Sydney including the seats for ALP front benchers like Bowen, Husic, Burke and Clare.

Whereas my electorate - with a certain Tony Abbott as our local member - was 75% "yes".

Lol....how out of touch is the MM? The ABC ran some interviews with local Tories, two of whom suggested they needed a local Tory more in touch with locals.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:47

Erics Anazi continues to flog his antediluvian views on religious freedom. In essence he seems to give primacy to those who would like to stoke the big furnace.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:53

horace wrote:Erics Anazi continues to flog his antediluvian views on religious freedom. In essence he seems to give primacy to those who would like to stoke the big furnace.

Just as well we are not living in your leftist dictatorship & still have (for the time being) some ability to express religious views if you have them.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next