Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

+13
WideWally
Paul Keating
Red
lardbucket
beamer
embee
Big Dog
horace
taipan
Bradman
skully
JGK
Fred Nerk
17 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 10 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by horace Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:54

skully wrote:
Bradman wrote:When Mr 15 minutes was reading out the no electorates I wasn't surprised.  Are we racist skulls?

I prefer "Realists".

You are, except it is not a matter of race but one of religion. The equally loopy fundamentalist christians, hindus, muslims, and Jews opposed ssm. As usual these purveyors of rotten cons have more in common than not.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 10 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:59

Fred Nerk wrote:
skully wrote:
Bradman wrote:When Mr 15 minutes was reading out the no electorates I wasn't surprised.  Are we racist skulls?

I prefer "Realists".

Realistically I think Rick Wakeman and company would do well not to pop the cork on the champagne yet because it'll still be pretty damn warm and pretty damn flat by the time they get to drink it.....possible bases for Disputed Returns to stick their oar in are already being canvassed. Mal may have been uncharacteristically shrewd not specifying exactly which Christmas SSM would be 'law' by.

(All the same, 62% yes of 80% participation is pretty close to 50% of the 'electorate' even if we assume that every non-'voter' if locked in the cellar until giving an opinion would eventually have gasped 'no')

Mal actually may be growing a pair. This freedom of conscious crap is a warped UN thingy that every Conservative commentator would scream about and I don't t
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 15 Nov 2017, 08:11

Big Dog wrote:
horace wrote:Erics Anazi continues to flog his antediluvian views on religious freedom. In essence he seems to give primacy to those who would like to stoke the big furnace.

Just as well we are not living in your leftist dictatorship & still have (for the time being) some ability to express religious views if you have them.

Have no difficulty with religious folk expressing their vows, risible though these views may be. They just have to learn they and their minority hunker downers do not run the show. Cop it sweet. Atheists are now more willing to 'sermonise' and take on the nonsense emanating from paeds in frocks, be they Jewish, christians or muzzies.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 15 Nov 2017, 08:23

Well Nerkles, you may be right, but I have to say it'll be outrageously pathetic if Parliament (be it the religious nutters of the Lower House or the stubborn (and religious) nutters of the Senate) gets in the way of this. The people have overwhelmingly spoken.

If a general Election had a 62%-38% 2PP result, it be the landslidiest landslide of a landslide ever to slide down some land.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 15 Nov 2017, 08:30

Spot on S. Anazi was still droning on this arvo, but hopefully sense prevails.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Nov 2017, 08:32

Big Dog wrote:
horace wrote:Erics Anazi continues to flog his antediluvian views on religious freedom. In essence he seems to give primacy to those who would like to stoke the big furnace.

Just as well we are not living in your leftist dictatorship & still have (for the time being) some ability to express religious views if you have them.

If you in all good conscience you believe inter racial marriage is outrageous would it be right not to bake a cake?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 15 Nov 2017, 08:50

skully wrote:Well Nerkles, you may be right, but I have to say it'll be outrageously pathetic if Parliament (be it the religious nutters of the Lower House or the stubborn (and religious) nutters of the Senate) gets in the way of this. The people have overwhelmingly spoken.

If a general Election had a 62%-38% 2PP result, it be the landslidiest landslide of a landslide ever to slide down some land.

Patheticality in Parliament is about as outrageous these days as country music in Tamworth. Also, it never smelt remotely like a 2PP vote, as can be seen from the double-the-national-average Yes madge in Abbott Manor and the string of noes up and down Parramatta Rd. This is just not a 'party political' issue.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8816
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 15 Nov 2017, 09:06

Bradman wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

If you in all good conscience you believe inter racial marriage is outrageous would it be right not to bake a cake?

Huh? Am certain Mr Dog does not oppose inter racial marriage or procreation. That is a bit unfair.All of us who did a DNA test would find traces of many races let alone neanderthal or similar ancestors. Tho I think there a tiny number of folk like Trump, Anazi and the MM whose DNA would show traces of races from other galaxies.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 15 Nov 2017, 09:12

Good point! Australia grinds to a halt over possible tenuous links its elected law-makers may or may not have to other countries, meanwhile the U S of A seems perfectly content (so far) being Akalaed by an entity plainly from another planet....

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8816
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 15 Nov 2017, 09:20

horace wrote:
Bradman wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

If you in all good conscience you believe inter racial marriage is outrageous would it be right not to bake  a cake?

Huh? Am certain Mr Dog does not oppose inter racial marriage or procreation. That is a bit unfair.All of us who did a DNA test would find traces of many races let alone neanderthal or similar ancestors. Tho I think there a tiny number of folk like Trump, Anazi and the MM whose DNA  would show traces of races from other galaxies.

Yeah that was a cheap shot trying to make an important point very cheaply. It was beneath me and certainly undeserved.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 16 Nov 2017, 02:26

Re the SSM plebiscite, I note several interesting points.

All 5 Tozzie electorates voted in favour of SSM (54-62%), which probably surprises some (I suspect BD and horrie are in rare unison here).

Further, 9 of the lowest SSM yes-voting electorates were in Dubberland, which goes somewhat against the stereotyping of Dubbers by other states. I have to say that I am surprised. I thought Dubbers were generally out, proud, and progressive; it now seems that (outside Sydney) they are none of these things. They're just rednecked bogans, like Queenslanders, really.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 16 Nov 2017, 02:38

Red-necked immigrants, actually. Western Sydney with its high ethnic population voted heavily NO, while the rad-lez-fem latte set inner suburbs where overwhelmingly YES.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 16 Nov 2017, 02:49

... blaming the Muslims?

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 16 Nov 2017, 02:50

One of the two Melbourne electorates that voted no has a high Catholic population and some mid eastern folk.

It was good the ABS did an electorate and demographic analysis. Over the years I had lot to with ABS. I have enormous respect for them.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 16 Nov 2017, 03:02

lardbucket wrote:... blaming the Muslims?

Isn't it their fault for everything?? Cool

Oh no, that's right, it's mine.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 16 Nov 2017, 05:49

'things that are skull's fault'

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 16 Nov 2017, 09:18

Too much democracy is skulls fault. If this was the qld Parliament we could ram this through at midnight, way too late for tax the next days papers to bitch about it.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 16 Nov 2017, 20:51

no fun unless they bitch about it ... there were years of "feeding the chooks"

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 16 Nov 2017, 23:56

New (perhaps) tozzie senator making like a bunny in the headlights.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 17 Nov 2017, 07:32

It's now being said that Alexander didn't need to quit as the UK couldn't prove he was a citizen.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 17 Nov 2017, 09:19

JGK wrote:It's now being said that Alexander didn't need to quit as the UK couldn't prove he was a citizen.

So the ballot is an unnecessary waste of taxpayer's money. That doesn't sound like the libs.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Sun 19 Nov 2017, 06:00

For the record I voted yes.

But seriously was this an exercise in the sheer hypocrisy of the Yes movement?

For whatever reasons Western Sydney voted No in high numbers? And so what?

They have every right to an opinion.

The Yes movement have cried out for equality in this whole process claiming we are all one and the same and equal.

No now that the results are out and statistically Western Sydney voted No, everyone in the Yes Movement is hanging shite on Western Sydney.

Talk about irrational hatred against westies. The very same hatred the Yes movement have been pleading against.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 10 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 19 Nov 2017, 06:50

Gday Ponts

****** wits on both sides of the debate seem to be leading the parade

dont care who voted what ...get on with it
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 19 Nov 2017, 08:28

Agree. No electorates have higher numbers of religious folk. Big deal. Nothing to see here.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:15

Well said, Ponts. My reaction was "good on the Westies" for speaking their mind.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next