Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So which forummers have actually been to tests or not?

+28
beamer
lardbucket
Jontyh
JKLever
freddled gruntbuggly
Geoffrey Trueman
horace
spangler
Merlin
furriner
JGK
embee
Chivalry Augustus
DJ_Smerk
Lara Lara Laughs
PearlJ
Mick Sawyer
Invader Zim
eowyn
The One
tac
doremi
Big_Bad_Bob
Batman
skully
Brass Monkey
Henry
taipan
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So which forummers have actually been to tests or not? - Page 2 Empty Re: So which forummers have actually been to tests or not?

Post by Guest Mon 19 May 2008, 11:32

It was just another manic Sunday

Back to top Go down

So which forummers have actually been to tests or not? - Page 2 Empty Re: So which forummers have actually been to tests or not?

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 19 May 2008, 11:34

I've seen a lot, mainly at the Gabba, some at the Spivs Cricket Ground. Never offshore.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 19 May 2008, 11:52

Brass Monkey wrote:
Invader Zim wrote:Wow, a thread about cricket...won't last until tac etc turn it into something about else.

The former dross-weasel savant is having a whinge about his previous tactics...

violin violin violin

Seagull boy . . . did you score or what?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Mon 19 May 2008, 11:55

Go to most Glos home matchs. And have been to various Test grounds in Aus and England for a few Tests and plenty of ODIs
PearlJ
PearlJ

So which forummers have actually been to tests or not? - Page 2 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 19 May 2008, 11:57

Mick Sawyer wrote:
Problem with cricket in places like Mumbai is that when the big international matches come, most of the tickets available to the viewing public [after close to 60% is blocked for politcians, celebrities, club members, corporate quotas and a host of bloody rich swines], the public tickets get wiped off within 2 hours and a good 90% of it ends up within a couple of hours for sale in the black markets with pimps who make a killing charging twice or thrice for it.....

Too much hassles in getting a proper ticket. Then on match days, mismanagement ensues. Geniune ticketholders do not get to enter the venue sometimes. A couple of years back, people holding fake and forged tickets broke in and genuine buyers were left high and dry outside by the gate security [Was it durin the England series or Champions Trophy?] Too much problems over too few sold to genuine public. This is what I hate about excessive cricket mania here. It becomes a free for all.

This does not even consider 1 hour of travel by overchoked public transport and queing up for a half a day to get one's hands on a ticket that isn't sold out.

Much better to stay at home and ensure you don't miss anything.

That's tough. Have you considered travelling to say, Sri Lanka for a game?

its not that bad either. 50,000 people do end up at the game. you do need to plan things though, cant expect to turn up at the ground on the day of the match, walk up to the counter and buy a ticket

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 19 May 2008, 11:59

tac wrote:

Uhhhh, yeah..... with my girlfriend. There was some 4way lesbian thing going on downstairs in my house which I missed because of that Rolling Eyes
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Bad_Bob Mon 19 May 2008, 12:10

Brass Monkey wrote:
tac wrote:

Uhhhh, yeah..... with my girlfriend. There was some 4way lesbian thing going on downstairs in my house which I missed because of that Rolling Eyes

Interesting.

Did they actually say 'it's a shame you couldn't join us', or would you just have peeped from behind the door?

Wink
Big_Bad_Bob
Big_Bad_Bob

Number of posts : 3718
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 19 May 2008, 12:20

Big_Bad_Bob wrote:
Interesting.

Did they actually say 'it's a shame you couldn't join us', or would you just have peeped from behind the door?

Wink

No, they were 'giving it some' in front of all the guests, then two of them went to the porch for a hardercore version only for my gay housemate to break them up.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Bad_Bob Mon 19 May 2008, 12:42

Brass Monkey wrote:
Big_Bad_Bob wrote:
Interesting.

Wink

No, they were 'giving it some' in front of all the guests, then two of them went to the porch for a hardercore version only for my gay housemate to break them up.

Damn. affraid

Unlucky.
Big_Bad_Bob
Big_Bad_Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 19 May 2008, 12:44

Brass Monkey wrote:
tac wrote:

Do you live in Peep Show? scratch
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 19 May 2008, 12:46

Big_Bad_Bob wrote:
Damn. affraid

Unlucky.

Aye, a mate came upstairs banging on my door and entered with a giant grin on his face saying: "You'll never guess what you've been missing out on"... I tried not to show my displeasure in front of the bint. I got up, one had left, one was about to leave and the other two were getting too 'private' for me not to be able to check it out without looking like (more of) a pervert.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 19 May 2008, 12:47

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Do you live in Peep Show? scratch

confused Did those three birds do lesbian stuff?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 19 May 2008, 12:50

His new housemate: Marrrrrk, come and lick ......'s asshole.

*sofie storms out*

Mark: I don't even want to lick someone's asshole.

Laughing
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 19 May 2008, 12:56

I've been to the Oval 2001 vs Australia
Lords 2004 vs West Indies
and soon to be Edgbaston 2008 vs South Africa

(All Test Matches, no ODI's or T20's yet)

Also, would like to try and get some Glamorgan games in!
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Bad_Bob Mon 19 May 2008, 12:58

DJ_Smerk wrote:I've been to the Oval 2001 vs Australia
Lords 2004 vs West Indies
and soon to be Edgbaston 2008 vs South Africa

(All Test Matches, no ODI's or T20's yet)

Also, would like to try and get some Glamorgan games in!

Too many sell-outs? geek
Big_Bad_Bob
Big_Bad_Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 19 May 2008, 12:59

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:His new housemate: Marrrrrk, come and lick ......'s asshole.

*sofie storms out*

Mark: I don't even want to lick someone's asshole.

Laughing

Laughing Aye, was a quality episode... need more Super Hans if possible though.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Mon 19 May 2008, 13:58

I've been to three Tests and hope to make it four with New Zealand at Trent Bridge next month - though that's only looking like a 50/50 chance currently. I've seen us play Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan since 2005.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

So which forummers have actually been to tests or not? - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 19 May 2008, 14:17

Been to about half the Tests at the WACA since 75/76 ...plus most of the JAMODIs played there

Boxing Day Test 06/07

92 WC Final at the G
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 19 May 2008, 14:29

skully wrote:
Henry wrote:Meh, I can't be bothered looking. I assume you preffered looking at women's builder bums?
No, that's MB.

Skully

If you want me to stop showing why you are a SGDT ...which I havent done since you whinged on Friday...then leave it alone ...if you want to keep receiving updates on your level of gayness I am happy to oblige ...and I did find one in your attempt to sledge me
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 19 May 2008, 14:48

I've been to every Test as the SCG since 1990-91 other than Windies in 1991-2 and 2000 and India 1999. Pretty much go to most days as well (although with BabyK's birthday falling on Day 4 this is proving harder).

Also made it the odd SCG test and JAMODI before 1990 too.

Also went to Boxing Day 2001-2 at the MCG - it was farking freezing.

Have been to probably 30 JAMODIs at the SCG and one at Headingley.

Would love to go to a test at Lords, Calcutta, Cape Town and somewhere in the Windies.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 19 May 2008, 14:56

Few tests, but more than five years ago. Not a day since then.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 19 May 2008, 15:02

All Lord's tests every year (all 5 days against the Aussies, otherwise first 2 days then Monday), occasionally the Oval, Edgbaston and OT here.
Overseas ... (over a few years - NOT in 2006/7 thank Gawd) the Gabba, the WACA, Sydney and Melbourne (missed Adelaide which, I'm told, is similar to Lord's); Bombay, Madras, Colombo; Bridgetown and Antigua; Cape Town and Durban.
Holiday destinations are primarily determined by where test cricket is taking place!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 19 May 2008, 15:06

Merlin wrote:All Lord's tests every year (all 5 days against the Aussies, otherwise first 2 days then Monday), occasionally the Oval, Edgbaston and OT here.
Overseas ... (over a few years - NOT in 2006/7 thank Gawd) the Gabba, the WACA, Sydney and Melbourne (missed Adelaide which, I'm told, is similar to Lord's); Bombay, Madras, Colombo; Bridgetown and Antigua; Cape Town and Durban.
Holiday destinations are primarily determined by where test cricket is taking place!

I thought you preferred the south of France?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 19 May 2008, 15:11

Very Happy
I do ... but the buggers only play boules down there ... and scoff crickets as a delicacy!!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 19 May 2008, 15:20

embee wrote:
skully wrote:
Henry wrote:Meh, I can't be bothered looking. I assume you preffered looking at women's builder bums?
No, that's MB.

Skully

If you want me to stop showing why you are a SGDT ...which I havent done since you whinged on Friday...then leave it alone ...if you want to keep receiving updates on your level of gayness I am happy to oblige ...and I did find one in your attempt to sledge me
Of course my point was I saw exactly what you saw, old chap. But you chose to allege that I saw something else. I didn't whinge, mate, but merely pointed out how focussed your over-active and keen gaydar was to find things that were not there. Do what ever you like, it's all good fun.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105978
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next