Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus A squad

+8
PlanetPakistan
horace
Red
lardbucket
Henry
embee
DJ_Smerk
PearlJ
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aus A squad Empty Aus A squad

Post by PearlJ Wed 20 Aug 2008, 15:01

Australia A squad Simon Katich (capt), Phillip Hughes, Adam Voges, Marcus North, George Bailey, Peter Forrest, Luke Ronchi (wk), Ashley Noffke, Beau Casson, Ryan Harris, Jason Krejza, Peter Siddle, Bryce McGain, Doug Bollinger.

Hmmmm..... quite like this squad. Good to see Hughes and Siddle in there. They deserve it after their seasons.

Seriously suprised Pomerbach isn't there though. He has to be the glaring omission.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Aus A squad ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Aus A squad Empty Re: Aus A squad

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 20 Aug 2008, 15:27

The Aussie A Team?

Ricky "Hannibal, 'I love it when a plan comes together'" Ponting
Bad Attitude Symonds
Michael "The Face" Clarke
Stewie "Howling Maddog" MacGill
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Wed 20 Aug 2008, 15:28

DJ_Smerk wrote:The Aussie A Team?

Ricky "Hannibal, 'I love it when a plan comes together'" Ponting
Bad Attitude Symonds
Michael "The Face" Clarke
Stewie "Howling Maddog" MacGill

Laughing
PearlJ
PearlJ

Aus A squad ZY4L4DZ

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 20 Aug 2008, 15:49

It's the squad for the three day games ( 2 games) ...there will be changes for the One Day games

Cricket Australia wrote:Cricket Australia’s National Selection Panel (NSP) today announced a 14-man squad to take part in the multi-day matches of the VB Australia A Tour of India, which takes place from September 3 – 26.

The 14-man squad is:
State Age
Simon Katich (Captain): NSW, 32
Adam Voges (VC): WA, 28
George Bailey: TAS, 25
Doug Bollinger: NSW, 27
Beau Casson: NSW, 25
Peter Forrest: NSW, 22
Ryan Harris: QLD, 28
Phillip Hughes: NSW, 19
Jason Krejza: TAS, 25
Bryce McGain: VIC, 36
Marcus North: WA, 29
Ashley Noffke: QLD, 31
Luke Ronchi: WA, 27
Peter Siddle: VIC, 23

Andrew Hilditch, Chairman of the NSP, said: “Following the completion of the two three-day-games at the start of this A tour of India a review will take place and some players will return to Australia.

“Further players will be added to the Australia A tour for the one-day matches in the short-term future.

“Australia's team for the India Test series will be selected following the completion of the two three-day-games for Australia A in India.

“When selecting the Australia A side for the three-day series the NSP took into account the great opportunity it provided for some of our Test players who have had a reasonably lengthy break to gain match practice and also acclimatise to Indian conditions.

“Ahead of the approaching Indian Test series Australia have also taken the opportunity to have a look at three spinners in the 14-man squad for the three-day games who are considered exciting prospects.

“This also provides an opportunity to pick four pace bowlers, two of whom were on Australia’s tour of the West Indies (Bollinger and Noffke) and also to have a look at some of our exciting young fast-bowling talent in Peter Siddle and Ryan Harris.

“With an eye for the future Australia have also picked several of our best emerging batting talent. Philip Hughes was selected following an outstanding debut season for New South Wales and a great performance in the Pura Cup final. George Bailey richly deserves his opportunity at this level and Forrest from New South Wales who is having an outstanding emerging players’ tournament at present. These young batsmen are all players the NSP considers has the potential to play for Australia in the future,” Hilditch said.

Former ACT Comets Coach and current Cricket Victoria High Performance Academy Coach Simon Helmot will take on the role of Australia A coach for the Indian tour.

Cricket Australia also advised that Brett Lee will miss the Australian player team camp in Coolum and will not travel to Darwin for the Commonwealth Bank ODI series against Bangladesh for family reasons.

CA Acting Chief Executive Officer Michael Brown said Lee had liaised closely with CA management and the National Selection Panel about a family issue and had been given short-term leave.

“This results in Tasmanian Brett Geeves coming into the national squad to cover for Brett Lee during the Commonwealth Bank Series against Bangladesh in Darwin. The selectors are comfortable this move will maintain the competitive edge for the Australian side and provide a wonderful opportunity for Brett Geeves to join the Australian group for the first time,” Brown said.

“We look forward to Brett Lee rejoining the group as soon as possible.”

Itinerary, VB Australia A Tour of India

Wed 3-5 September Three Day Match vs India A, KSCA, Bangalore
Tue 9-11 September Three Day Match vs India A, Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
Mon 15 September One Day Match vs New Zealand A, Rajiv Gandhi International, Hyderabad
Tue 16 September One Day Match vs India A, Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
Mon 22 September One Day Match vs New Zealand A, Guru Nanak, Chennai
Wed 24 September One Day Match vs India A, MA Chidambaram, Chennai
Fri 26 September Final - One Day Match - MA Chidambaram, Chennai
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 20 Aug 2008, 16:03

Peter Forrest? Australian cricket in crisis.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 21 Aug 2008, 18:08

Henry wrote:Peter Forrest? Australian cricket in crisis.

He's from NSW. Say no more.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Thu 21 Aug 2008, 19:08

lardbucket wrote:
Henry wrote:Peter Forrest? Australian cricket in crisis.

He's from NSW. Say no more.

No doubt. Certainly didn't deserve a spot ahead of Pomersbach.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Aus A squad ZY4L4DZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fri 22 Aug 2008, 00:09

Given the age of some of their players, we're not exactly using this as a long-term peak into the future.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Fri 22 Aug 2008, 00:12

Red wrote:Given the age of some of their players, we're not exactly using this as a long-term peak into the future.

Why should we? It's not the U-19s.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Aus A squad ZY4L4DZ

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 22 Aug 2008, 02:01

travesty...only 5 spivs....fleas is an emerging champ, trees is the new dougie w, Maccasson is the new spin sensation, bubbles is the best bowler since Spofforth etc....btw Not Kim maybe the best opener Oz has had since Bill Lawry.....but where are all the rest????....where's alice (ferny)? where's nashy and chee quee
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Fri 22 Aug 2008, 02:06

Horrie delivers the final blow.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 22 Aug 2008, 02:09

nick off kiddie
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Fri 22 Aug 2008, 02:10

Fine.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sat 23 Aug 2008, 08:02

ah...tait isn't in the squad...
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 16:54

PlanetPakistan wrote:ah...tait isn't in the squad...

Well he hasn't played for 12 months.... he should get a season under his belt before being considered again.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Aus A squad ZY4L4DZ

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sat 23 Aug 2008, 17:18

I was hoping to see him in the test series vs IND, he only needs to be better than Johnson to get in the final 11 so it shouldn't be too hard.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 17:21

PlanetPakistan wrote:I was hoping to see him in the test series vs IND, he only needs to be better than Johnson to get in the final 11 so it shouldn't be too hard.

WTF would anyone put him in the Test squad? This isn't Pakistan or some other tin-pot selection process. The Australian selectors actually like players to have proven themselves.

And Johnson has done pretty well so far. I don't know why people bag him so much.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Aus A squad ZY4L4DZ

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sat 23 Aug 2008, 17:25

PearlJ wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:I was hoping to see him in the test series vs IND, he only needs to be better than Johnson to get in the final 11 so it shouldn't be too hard.

WTF would anyone put him in the Test squad? This isn't Pakistan or some other tin-pot selection process. The Australian selectors actually like players to have proven themselves.

And Johnson has done pretty well so far. I don't know why people bag him so much.

Johnson looks very average for now! His seam position is a joke, bowls too wide and can't find the right length either. MJ needs at least 2 years before becoming a decent fast bowler.

If Tait had gone to IND with the A team then i am sure he would have played ahead of MJ.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 17:29

PlanetPakistan wrote:
PearlJ wrote:

Johnson looks very average for now! His seam position is a joke, bowls too wide and can't find the right length either. MJ needs at least 2 years before becoming a decent fast bowler.

If Tait had gone to IND with the A team then i am sure he would have played ahead of MJ.

30 wickets @ 32 playing pretty much all his matchs of roads against quality batting line-ups. I would like to see him when he bowls well if that is him bowling badly.

WTF would Tait have played? He hasn't played cricket for 12 months! And people wonder why Australia is the best in the world... it's because there is actually a selection policy rather than do whatever the selectors feel like on the day.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Aus A squad ZY4L4DZ

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sat 23 Aug 2008, 17:37

When did Johnson prove himself ?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sat 23 Aug 2008, 17:46

PearlJ wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
PearlJ wrote:

30 wickets @ 32 playing pretty much all his matchs of roads against quality batting line-ups. I would like to see him when he bowls well if that is him bowling badly.

WTF would Tait have played? He hasn't played cricket for 12 months! And people wonder why Australia is the best in the world... it's because there is actually a selection policy rather than do whatever the selectors feel like on the day.

You are too caught up with averages(32.8 isn't that great any ways)

Did you watch the recent series vs WI? he was getting hammered by some really average W Indian batsmen like Morton.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 23 Aug 2008, 17:48

Johnson is a work in progress. There's a long way to go.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 19:56

PlanetPakistan wrote:
PearlJ wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
PearlJ wrote:

You are too caught up with averages(32.8 isn't that great any ways)

Did you watch the recent series vs WI? he was getting hammered by some really average W Indian batsmen like Morton.

He was below par and still ended up with creditable figures.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Aus A squad ZY4L4DZ

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sat 23 Aug 2008, 20:30

PearlJ wrote:

I thought he was very average...Wasim Akram he is NOT.

Tait on the other hand is far more talented...watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biUoWi92_Pk
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Sat 23 Aug 2008, 20:33

PlanetPakistan wrote:
PearlJ wrote:

I thought he was very average...Wasim Akram he is NOT.

Tait on the other hand is far more talented...watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biUoWi92_Pk

I have seen planty of Tait and I am a fan. But there is no way in hell he should just walk into the Test team.

And Johnson is only 26. Plenty of time for him to improve on those figures.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Aus A squad ZY4L4DZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next