Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massive outcry - I mean outbreak of hypocrisy

+21
Red
tac
Bradman
horace
Shoeshine
WideWally
embee
doremi
JKLever
spangler
PeterCS
Sidhu
DJ_Smerk
Fred Nerk
buckSH
Blackadder
taipan
furriner
skully
Mick Sawyer
Zat
25 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Massive outcry - I mean outbreak of hypocrisy Empty Massive outcry - I mean outbreak of hypocrisy

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 02:51

Not a word being said as far as I can see about this incident...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/990105/man-extradited-to-nsw-over-wifes-death

Yet, this incident...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/killing-of-student-nitin-garg-threatens-ties-india/story-e6frg6nf-1225815886596

is causing much drama, and will potentially damage Australia's relationship with India.

What a load of bollocks.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Massive outcry - I mean outbreak of hypocrisy Empty Re: Massive outcry - I mean outbreak of hypocrisy

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 04 Jan 2010, 02:54

Zat wrote:Not a word being said as far as I can see about this incident...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/990105/man-extradited-to-nsw-over-wifes-death

Yet, this incident...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/killing-of-student-nitin-garg-threatens-ties-india/story-e6frg6nf-1225815886596

is causing much drama, and will potentially damage Australia's relationship with India.

What a load of bollocks.

When used by a politician it's a device to keep the locals from thinking about all the local crap.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Massive outcry - I mean outbreak of hypocrisy Empty Re: Massive outcry - I mean outbreak of hypocrisy

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 03:06

I wish to make a request to Anil Kumble to address the bloke in the first incident.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 04 Jan 2010, 03:34

I thought about posting something on the two stories, Zog, but in the end I didn't want to make a certain few FBers cry.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 05:36

F*ck'em.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 04 Jan 2010, 05:56

Instead of going on about it, read this. Or, the government official's nuanced response:

Interview.

And Zat, I don't see what your first link has anything to do with the second. However, the second link did have its highlight:

Federation of Indian Students spokesman Gautam Gupta today called on cricketing legends Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting to speak out against violence against Indian students.

Mr Gupta said the two cricket stars had huge followings in India and it was about time they voiced their concerns.

“There is a lot of frustration within the Indian community with the way this is being handled,” Mr Gupta said.

“People are losing confidence with every passing day.”

He said Ponting and Warne “should jump in and defend Indian students in Australia”.

“Shane Warne is an icon in India - he has millions of fans.”

That made my day.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 04 Jan 2010, 06:06

Look out. Next thing Banindia will be sending tall ships to invade us to defend their students.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 06:08

furriner wrote:And Zat, I don't see what your first link has anything to do with the second.
So an Indian kills an Indian in Australia, in what sounds like a pretty brutal killing, and there's nothing said about it in the Indian press or by high-ranking Indian officials.

Someone unknown kills an Indian in Australia, in what sounds like a pretty brutal killing, and there's a whole hue and cry about how Australia is a dangerous place for Indians, because of racism, and that something must ve done to stop it. Even though the police believe it wasn't a racially-motivated attack.

You don't see anything odd about the two different reactions? Well, Thank you, come again.

Having lived in Melbourne on several occasions, I woudl suggest that anyone who walks through a park, after dark, in the Western suburbs of Melbourne is stupid to the nth degree and undeserving of sympathy, or is knowlingly taking a risk with their life and undeserving of sympathy.

If it turns out that the bloke who dided in Melbourne was the victim of some racist thugs, then I'll be happy to admit I was wrong.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 04 Jan 2010, 06:10

And why drag cricketers in?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 06:12

You'd really have to ask the spokesman for the Federation of Indian Students.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 04 Jan 2010, 06:20

Zat wrote:an Indian kills an Indian in Australia, in what sounds like a pretty brutal killing, and there's nothing said about it in the Indian press or by high-ranking Indian officials.

Someone unknown kills an Indian in Australia, in what sounds like a pretty brutal killing, and there's a whole hue and cry about how Australia is a dangerous place for Indians, because of racism, and that something must ve done to stop it. Even though the police believe it wasn't a racially-motivated attack.

You don't see anything odd about the two different reactions? Well, Thank you, come again.

Regardless of how you play it, there could very well be a difference between the two. The first is a clear cut incident of domestic violence; the second could be anything, and given what has happened before, some concerns are natural.

However, the reaction of the Indian minister is OTT; he's a twat. Your reaction is OTT as well.

Zat wrote:Having lived in Melbourne on several occasions, I woudl suggest that anyone who walks through a park, after dark, in the Western suburbs of Melbourne is stupid to the nth degree and undeserving of sympathy, or is knowlingly taking a risk with their life and undeserving of sympathy.

Harsh. Except for the "undeserving of sympathy" bit, fair.

Zat wrote:If it turns out that the bloke who dided in Melbourne was the victim of some racist thugs, then I'll be happy to admit I was wrong.

Actually, the matter is not one of just racism in Australia, IMO. In the link that I sent, there is some pretty good analysis of who's coming to study in Australia.

taipan wrote:And why drag cricketers in?

The answer could be (a) Warne and/ or Ponting are the racist murderers out on a vengeful spree or, (b) The guy's an idiot. I might go with (b).
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 04 Jan 2010, 06:23

furriner wrote:
Zat wrote:Having lived in Melbourne on several occasions, I woudl suggest that anyone who walks through a park, after dark, in the Western suburbs of Melbourne is stupid to the nth degree and undeserving of sympathy, or is knowlingly taking a risk with their life and undeserving of sympathy.

Furry, most major cities. including those in India, have areas you don't go after darl. If you are stupid enough to do so, it's on your head.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 04 Jan 2010, 06:26

taipan wrote:
furriner wrote:

Furry, most major cities. including those in India, have areas you don't go after darl. If you are stupid enough to do so, it's on your head.

Oh I completely agree. You have to be a f*ckwit to do that. Except that the "sympathy" bit; I can't never find it in me not to sympathize. Man's dead.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 06:28

furriner wrote:

FWIW, the reaction to anyone (and it happened to a couple of people I know while I was living there) who got in trouble in areas like that, from the vast majority of people didn't include much by way of sympathy.

furriner wrote:
Zat wrote:If it turns out that the bloke who dided in Melbourne was the victim of some racist thugs, then I'll be happy to admit I was wrong.

Actually, the matter is not one of just racism in Australia, IMO. In the link that I sent, there is some pretty good analysis of who's coming to study in Australia.
Read the link after I posted. Interesting.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:29

Now talk of India issuing a "travel warning" advisory to Aus..I guess that will stop them stabbing there own kind here. Suspect

Blackadder

Massive outcry - I mean outbreak of hypocrisy ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:33

The sooking floodgates have opened...

http://www.smh.com.au/national/online-fury-over-stabbing-death-of-indian-man-20100103-lnb9.html?autostart=1

I patricularly like this one (I've bolded the bit I really like) ...
Neck Breaker said: ‘‘Ban over flight of Qantas through Indian air space. Ban all imports from Australia. Ask British to de-colonise Australia or India does it. These white dogs understand only one language, kick in the face ... ’’
But that's not racism, because as we are told time and time again, Indians can't possibly be racist.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:34

I can't never find it in me not to sympathize. Man's dead.

aye, 'twas harsh.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:35

Zat wrote:The sooking floodgates have opened...

http://www.smh.com.au/national/online-fury-over-stabbing-death-of-indian-man-20100103-lnb9.html?autostart=1

Neck Breaker said: ‘‘Ban over flight of Qantas through Indian air space. Ban all imports from Australia. Ask British to de-colonise Australia or India does it. These white dogs understand only one language, kick in the face ... ’’
But that's not racism, because as we are told time and time again, Indians can't possibly be racist.

I'm okay with "white" and with "dog", but "these" is totally beyond the pale.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:37

I wasn't talking about a specific instance by the way.
I woudl suggest that anyone who walks through a park, after dark, in the Western suburbs of Melbourne is stupid to the nth degree and undeserving of sympathy, or is knowlingly taking a risk with their life and undeserving of sympathy.
You take the chance, you deserve what you get.

Do we feel sympathy for people who wipe themselves out on highways when they have an accident going 50km/h over the speed limit?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:38

taipan wrote:

What if someone said 'brown ape' or similar? There'd be effigies being burned in the street...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:39

Zat wrote:
taipan wrote:

What if someone said 'brown ape' or similar? There'd be effrigies being burned in the street...

Maybe even effigies

Last edited by taipan on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:40; edited 1 time in total
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:40

Naybe I had it edited before you posted.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:41

Zat wrote:Naybe I had it edited before you posted.

Maybe you hadn't.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 04 Jan 2010, 07:43

Hehehe, this thread should bring the jackals in. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Mon 04 Jan 2010, 08:02

the Australian Police is whom I have a problem with. Firstly they do not acknowledge any guilt or racism on part of the attackers, what's more they have never attributed any racism when even the victim has stateted on record that the attackers shouted 'Indian this of that' to the victim's face ?

Secondly Indians should be allowed to form vigilante groups to defend their own. This much is reasonable.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next