Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katich cut from CA contract list

+25
Fred Nerk
PeterCS
simkat
Paul Keating
Basil
G.Wood
horace
Big Dog
furriner
LeFromage
lardbucket
beamer
JKLever
Brass Monkey
Tedwardio
Red
Zat
Bradman
skully
doremi
Mick Sawyer
taipan
JGK
embee
Henry
29 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Katich cut from CA contract list - Page 8 Empty Re: Katich cut from CA contract list

Post by Henry Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:24

For example, nothing about Phil Hughes suggests to me he will ever make it. He has a poor technique, and from what i've seen and heard so far, a poor temperament, and yet they just ditched their mentally toughest player for him. It doesn't make any sense.

Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Katich cut from CA contract list - Page 8 Empty Re: Katich cut from CA contract list

Post by Henry Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:28

Basically Aunt Hilda and co need to find the next three Clarkes

As an English fan, i'd be delighted if they can find three more overpaid, over-cocky players with misguided priorities and inflated egos who don't have the respect of the Australian public or half their team mates.

Should make 2013 a right shambles. Cool
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:40

Callum Ferguson looked to have the 'touch' whenever I've seen him (admittedly a couple ODIs and T20s).
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:42

He has no plan when he bats. Doesn't know how to build an innings at first class level.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:46

skully wrote:Aye Nerky. That winning attack in the Caribbean in 1973 might just be the worst that has won a series for Aus. After DKL broke down and Massie forgot how to swing it, Max and Jeff Hammond lead the attack with KOK and TJ in support. Dougie chipped in with a michelle when needed. Outstanding effort by an understrength attack. Maxie was supreme with 26 wkts at 21.

It was that series - and in particular what Chappelli could get out of that attack - that lead McGilvray to conclude that Chappelli was Australia's best ever captain.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 13 Jun 2011, 15:22

Henry wrote:
Basically Aunt Hilda and co need to find the next three Clarkes

As an English fan, i'd be delighted if they can find three more overpaid, over-cocky players with misguided priorities and inflated egos who don't have the respect of the Australian public or half their team mates.

Should make 2013 a right shambles. Cool

If they resemble Clarke before he split with Bingle they will be good ....the initial Clarke and the post Bingle Clarke are a waste
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 13 Jun 2011, 16:18

Meh, Clarke was always a FTB who cashed in when the going was good. Like Ian Bell, only a bit better.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 13 Jun 2011, 16:26

Nah, I rate Belly ahead of Clarke.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 13 Jun 2011, 16:36

Henry wrote:Nah, I rate Belly ahead of Clarke.

Possibly now. It's all too easy to remember how poor IRB was.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 19:25

skully wrote:Beer's selection was a snap shot of the cluelessness that has befallen the Aus NSP under Hildick's leadership. Only weathermen rival Hildick in their ability to continually and unfailingly get things wrong and still retain their job.

Beer's selection reminds me of the story about how Monte Lynch got his only call up for the ODI series. The selectors were running into the second our or the meeting and a distracted Mike Gatting started nodding enthusiatically when he misheard 'Lunch?'

Just swap Gatting for Boon and Lunch for Beer.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 13 Jun 2011, 21:47

Brass Monkey wrote:
Henry wrote:Nah, I rate Belly ahead of Clarke.

Possibly now. It's all too easy to remember how poor IRB was.

... and can still be again. Don't write Belly on.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:16

lardbucket wrote:if not earlier

I agree with virtually everything he has said

Lardy...disagree entirely with the fleas should have been cappy and everything would have been alright line...most of his decent scores were scored at snail pace and contributed to draws with the poms where ponting was criticised for not getting the other mob out...his record in running out partners to survive himeslf ranks only with that benighted record of K snr
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 14 Jun 2011, 02:42

Henry wrote:For example, nothing about Phil Hughes suggests to me he will ever make it. He has a poor technique, and from what i've seen and heard so far, a poor temperament, and yet they just ditched their mentally toughest player for him. It doesn't make any sense.
I think most of us agree, Trev. It's almost like Hildick keeps picking him to sh!t the rest of us.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105982
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 17 Jun 2011, 05:19

Punter gets stuck into CA and NSP over dropping fleas off the contracted player list...surely there is pressure building on hildy
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 17 Jun 2011, 05:31

horace wrote:Punter gets stuck into CA and NSP over dropping fleas off the contracted player list...surely there is pressure building on hildy

He should just be happy it wasn't him that was dropped. Probably should have been.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 17 Jun 2011, 08:55

Odd that Drunky took so long if he genuinely felt that strongly. But I agree with everything he said.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105982

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Fri 17 Jun 2011, 09:14

I think Punter is forgetting he is not captain anymore. Its now Clarks job to defend the indefensible.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:37

Big Dog wrote:I think Punter is forgetting remembering he is not captain anymore. It's now Clark's job to defend the indefensible.

fixed

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8