Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katich cut from CA contract list

+25
Fred Nerk
PeterCS
simkat
Paul Keating
Basil
G.Wood
horace
Big Dog
furriner
LeFromage
lardbucket
beamer
JKLever
Brass Monkey
Tedwardio
Red
Zat
Bradman
skully
doremi
Mick Sawyer
taipan
JGK
embee
Henry
29 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Katich cut from CA contract list - Page 4 Empty Re: Katich cut from CA contract list

Post by embee Thu 09 Jun 2011, 04:32

It's funny ( and not in a hilarious way)

The NSP has been blasted for not making tough decisions and letting players linger too long in the Oz team through periods of bad form and old age

They make a tough decision on a player who is near* retirement age and they get blasted

Moral of the story ...Hilditch is a useless qunt

* sometime in the next two years (or the last two)
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Katich cut from CA contract list - Page 4 Empty Re: Katich cut from CA contract list

Post by horace Thu 09 Jun 2011, 08:54

seems to be trouble brewing in the hildy/simmo empire.

Peter Lalor in todays Oz does a round up of the views of former Oz greats from spiv central about fleas being scratched (oddly enough he included the parrot - alan jones as a great!!!) - inc slats, Koala jnr and simmo ...slats and kjnr are up in arms - both attacking Hildy....simmo made his objection to the fleas 'sacking' clear -altho did not make comment about the chair of selectors
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 09 Jun 2011, 14:21

KATICH JOINS VICTORIA!

PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Thu 09 Jun 2011, 17:02

What seriously? sh!t, that would be hilarious if true.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 09 Jun 2011, 17:47

No, sadly just a wheeze..
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 10 Jun 2011, 00:32

***cough*** I swear I never spent several hours checking out whether this was a tease***cough***
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 10 Jun 2011, 01:00

Outstanding forumming by PCS.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Fri 10 Jun 2011, 02:08

The NSP has been blasted for not making tough decisions and letting players linger too long in the Oz team through periods of bad form and old age

They make a tough decision on a player who is near* retirement age and they get blasted

Simon Katich, it was time for you to go.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 10 Jun 2011, 03:47

It's tough on Kat, but I can imagine a similar outcry if it had been Hussey. Or Ponting, especially as we're in the 'new era' where he's going to play on.

Of course, when the question is asked of the players younger than Kat on the list 'have they done enough to be there ahead of him?' the answer is only a 'maybe' in several cases.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 10 Jun 2011, 04:00

It is fun watching some of the indignation by former dubber greats. I think that list will look markedly different this time next year.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Fri 10 Jun 2011, 04:15

"Of course, when the question is asked of the players younger than Kat on the list 'have they done enough to be there ahead of him?' the answer is only a 'maybe' in several cases."

It was that bloody 'make 'em earn it' mantra (certainly not discouraged from within the team's over-entitled inner sanctum) that led to all those thirtysomething 'new' Test players who were never going to be around long term, regardless of how they performed short term. Blokes like Clark S, North, Hodge, Harris, etc

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 10 Jun 2011, 04:19

It's a timing problem, it seems.

There are players who have held their places on the contract list in the past despite incredibly lean runs. At those times there were young players who could not get a run.

At the moment it's not like there are a bunch of player who have got contracts that are anything above average.

I still struggle to find anything wrong with the idea that you pick your best 11 players to make the team, and then make one of them captain. A concept that seems quite foreign to the NSP.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 10 Jun 2011, 04:34

Has anyone shot Hildick yet?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 10 Jun 2011, 05:05

stop tempting me S....lucky I gave my bazooka back in the howrd gun control days...I can see CA HQ from my nursing home
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 10 Jun 2011, 07:03

Katich to play on after 'ridiculous' axing
June 10, 2011 - 2:55PM

Simon Katich has vowed to continue playing cricket for NSW while labelling national selectors' decision not to renew his contract as "absolutely ridiculous".

The 35-year-old Test opener was cut from Cricket Australia's 25-man list of contracted players for the 2011-12 season on Tuesday, despite being one of the side's most consistent players leading up to last summer's Ashes series.

Katich told a Sydney media conference today he had considered retirement over the past two days but wanted to continue out of respect for NSW Cricket and his state teammates.

He was also considering an offer to play English county cricket and, while he did not shut the door on a return to international cricket, he did not appear to hold much hope of a national team recall.

"After much consideration I've decided that I want to keep playing on for NSW due to the level of respect I have for Cricket NSW and also my teammates for the last nine years," said Katich, whose 56 Tests have yielded 4188 runs at an average of 45.03.

"I want to repay that faith that they have shown in me and hopefully we can have a very good season coming up."

Katich slammed CA's selection policy as inconsistent and said was "disappointed and frustrated".

He felt the decision was based on age not form and did not agree with the reason offered by selectors that they wanted to bed down a new opening partnership before the next Ashes series in 2013.

"I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated at the decision I found out about on Tuesday but I also want to make it clear I know I'm not the only player to go through this in the last few years because of inconsistent selection policies," said Katich, who felt it was time for a full-time selection panel.

"I'm just hoping something good comes out of this situation because I actually think the decision that came on Tuesday was absolutely ridiculous."

The West Australian-born batsman had been a mainstay of the Australian side but a serious Achilles tendon injury suffered during the second Test against England last summer hampered his recent performances.

Katich said he had been working hard over the past six months with NSW medical staff to return to full fitness.

"I certainly wasn't going to waste their time if I wasn't completely dedicated in making myself to being available and fully fit for the tour of Sri Lanka in August," he said.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 10 Jun 2011, 07:16

Oh this'll be good. James Sutherland is about to hold a press conference. To be shown live on Fox Sports News...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 10 Jun 2011, 07:18

FSN saying it is to respond to Katich's comments.

Odds on he will look and sound like a qlueless qunt.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 10 Jun 2011, 07:20

Zat wrote:FSN saying it is to respond to Katich's comments.

Odds on he will look and sound like a qlueless qunt.

You only bet on certainties?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 10 Jun 2011, 07:28

You never lose that way.

And Sutherland basically said squat.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 10 Jun 2011, 07:53

rofl at it all...while I am not a fleas fan his comments are funny..in describing them as ridiculous he has efectively retired from test cricket by stating the bleedin' obvious
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Fri 10 Jun 2011, 08:12

Not only that - he's stiffed his chances of getting into the media. Not even Warthog Jr will give Katich a media gig if that's his idea of insightful.

His dulcet tones are about to be heard on 774 Melb.

Last edited by Fred Nerk on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 08:13; edited 1 time in total

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 10 Jun 2011, 08:13

One of the better dummy spits.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 10 Jun 2011, 08:24

hardly surprising he'd have a mega dummy spit...he's had plaenty of examples in spivland...plus.fleas was always a bit precious...I expect he feels dudded and still furious that the promised captaincy of the the test team (made when he moved to spiv central from the wozzies) was not deliverable once the spiv media had found there own home grown blond blue eyed wunderkind
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Fri 10 Jun 2011, 08:35

Tell me Horrie, what's it like having Question Time, Flinders Street Station, Bay 13 and the sales floor from Trading Places all in your head at once?

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 10 Jun 2011, 08:41

Fred Nerk wrote:Tell me Horrie, what's it like having Question Time, Flinders Street Station, Bay 13 and the sales floor from Trading Places all in your head at once?

ROFL...Question time is all good clean fun...our trains never run on time and I have long since stopped pondering the mysteries of the Dept of Transport -particularly how they cadge squillions out of treasury and then blow it without consequence...Bay 13 continues to linger and echo in the noggin...but I am at a loss about Trading Places ?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next