Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I see our longest-standing member (August 2007-) is...

+10
G.Wood
horace
lardbucket
embee
LeFromage
skully
Brass Monkey
Henry
taipan
PeterCS
14 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

I see our longest-standing member (August 2007-) is... - Page 8 Empty Re: I see our longest-standing member (August 2007-) is...

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:00

lardbucket wrote:the best bit about that was that many involved actually started out trying to help Lara, but he fought them all off bravely, like a Scotsman drowning in a vat of single malt

Aye. It actually featured taips not being verbose from the off too. Wonders never cease.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

I see our longest-standing member (August 2007-) is... - Page 8 Empty Re: I see our longest-standing member (August 2007-) is...

Post by taipan Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:01

skully wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:
skully wrote:
I'm not even p!ssed and I can't understand that, Dan. WTF?

I was saying that the pokes and stabs used to occur as a result of discussion, bleating, laughs and bitching. Nowadays pokes and stabs seem to occur as soon as certain people log on rather than as a result of discussion and bleating.
I think the generalisations have got a little out of control in recent days. I think I have had a poke twice at Laura in the past month (happy to be proved wrong). Yet the white knight cavalry Badger Pack rode in and defended the previously indefensible Laura with much gusto. Suddenly a normal and mundane happening (one poster having a dig at another - and I wasn't Robinson Crusoe) became bigger than Ben Hur. I have no beef at all with that, but please give the lecturing about the lack of a "walm and welcoming forum" a rest.

That is such a load of bullsh!t and codswallop. We haven't been walm and welcoming forum - ever. We are a mean bunch of cricket-loving psychopaths, who love a good cricket chat, love a grouse stoush, love some off-topic tangential bulltwang, and most of all, love a good belly laugh.

This holier than thou tripe of the past week is just too billious for words. Cool

I distinctly recall that you were Man Friday.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:02

Brass Monkey wrote:
lardbucket wrote:the best bit about that was that many involved actually started out trying to help Lara, but he fought them all off bravely, like a Scotsman drowning in a vat of single malt

Aye. It actually featured taips not being verbose from the off too. Wonders never cease.

I see your trap and sidestep it to the left. Or is it right?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:08

skully wrote:
I think the generalisations have got a little out of control in recent days. I think I have had a poke twice at Laura in the past month (happy to be proved wrong). Yet the white knight cavalry Badger Pack rode in and defended the previously indefensible Laura with much gusto. Suddenly a normal and mundane happening (one poster having a dig at another - and I wasn't Robinson Crusoe) became bigger than Ben Hur. I have no beef at all with that, but please give the lecturing about the lack of a "warm and welcoming forum" a rest.

That is such a load of bullsh!t and codswallop. We haven't been warm and welcoming forum - ever. We are a mean bunch of cricket-loving psychopaths, who love a good cricket chat, love a grouse stoush, love some off-topic tangential bulltwang, and most of all, love a good belly laugh.

This holier than thou tripe of the past week is just too billious for words. Cool

This entire post displays that you have nothing new to say from your stancepoint. And shows that all the finer aspects of **sighs** (f*cking hell) 'the pack's argument has been rolled in a tiny ball for you to bat away will blanket 'dial-a-post's.
This entire post displays that this argument will forever be a circular one and whilst this does wonders for the prolificism of the post count, it does entirely nothing for the forum on a whole. Nothing. That, statisically, this has been a huge month, doesn't mean it's been a but little month for content. Well done skully, utter pigheadedness wins out. You've done nothing wrong and have been acting exactly as you used to act.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:10

Oh and stick another 'devil-may-care' --> Cool <-- smiley in there. What's that, number 4,000 in the last 1,000 posts? Methinks thou doth protest too much....
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:11

taipan wrote:

It was a comment, Nigel. But well done for thinking I'm trying to draw you into a shitfest.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:13

Brass Monkey wrote:
taipan wrote:

It was a comment, Nigel. But well done for thinking I'm trying to draw you into a shitfest.

No, it was the verbose comment I was referring to. I have my faults but verbosity is not one of them.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:14

Brass Monkey wrote:This entire post displays that you have nothing new to say from your stancepoint. And shows that all the finer aspects of **sighs** (f*cking hell) 'the pack's argument has been rolled in a tiny ball for you to bat away will blanket 'dial-a-post's.
This entire post displays that this argument will forever be a circular one and whilst this does wonders for the prolificism of the post count, it does entirely nothing for the forum on a whole. Nothing. That, statisically, this has been a huge month, doesn't mean it's been a but little month for content. Well done skully, utter pigheadedness wins out. You've done nothing wrong and have been acting exactly as you used to act.
And so sums up Flaming Bails - the circular argument. Well played, Dan.

I look forward to more overnight lectures from Dello and Pete (and Dan, if he hasn't shot his load by now) that vainly hope to miraculously transform this place into some form of Forum Nirvana where everyone loves everyone else, and we occasionally talk about the current Test match underway.

What else would you like me to say, Constable Dan?

Yours Sincerely

Captain Pigheadedness. innocent

Oh, and here, no 4,001. Cool You sour bastard. Smile
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:18

I think you misinterpreted my last post. You won. You defeated PC Dan The Hardman. Well done.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:20

Have you had a Brazilian this arvo? You seem tetchy. Razz
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 16 Jul 2011, 13:16

And to think that I started this thread as a jocular Te Daedalum, praising Dello's genital stamina in "keeping up" this forum (see title) ... Wink

At some point the original ironic/serious jest (and ensuing reflections on forum traffic, and appropriate mood music) was replaced by something else, another Dies Irae allegation of an allegation of "serfdom", some renewed medieval or baroque harping on about lecturing, and so forth ... :o)

All part of life's rich tapestry (as Tony Hancock remarked), I suppose.

"If our brains were simple enough for us to understand them, we'd be so simple that we couldn't."

On the other hand, there is good old Bert Brecht:

Cardinal Barberini [later Pope]: You [contemporary scientists/thinkers] are fond of thinking in circles or ellipses and at uniform speeds, in simple movements that match your minds. But what if God had been pleased to make His stars move like this? (He moves his finger through the air in a highly convoluted course, with varying speeds.) What would become of your calculations then?

Galileo: Your Eminence, if it had pleased God to create the world like this (he retraces Barberini's twisted course through the air with his finger), He would have constructed our minds like this too (he repeats the same course) to allow them to recognize these courses as the simplest and most rational ones.

Maybe - if there no further chips to fry - we could return to the head, salute Dello sir, for your courage, strength and indefatigagagability, and lock the thread. Smile
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 16 Jul 2011, 13:37

And to think that I started this thread as a jocular Te Daedalum, praising Dello's genital stamina in "keeping up" this forum (see title)
I'd say something alon the lines of 'that might teach you a lesson' but i know it won't.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 16 Jul 2011, 13:41

Then why start a thread at all? Very Happy
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sat 16 Jul 2011, 13:42

skully wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:
skully wrote:
I'm not even p!ssed and I can't understand that, Dan. WTF?

I was saying that the pokes and stabs used to occur as a result of discussion, bleating, laughs and bitching. Nowadays pokes and stabs seem to occur as soon as certain people log on rather than as a result of discussion and bleating.
I think the generalisations have got a little out of control in recent days. I think I have had a poke twice at Laura in the past month (happy to be proved wrong). Yet the white knight cavalry Badger Pack rode in and defended the previously indefensible Laura with much gusto. Suddenly a normal and mundane happening (one poster having a dig at another - and I wasn't Robinson Crusoe) became bigger than Ben Hur. I have no beef at all with that, but please give the lecturing about the lack of a "warm and welcoming forum" a rest.

That is such a load of bullsh!t and codswallop. We haven't been warm and welcoming forum - ever. We are a mean bunch of cricket-loving psychopaths, who love a good cricket chat, love a grouse stoush, love some off-topic tangential bulltwang, and most of all, love a good belly laugh.

"Previously indefensible".

Gosh, really? Did I rape some children?

I know I've asked this (and had no reply) but I'm still a bit confused as to what I've actually done. Nothing recently as far as I can tell.

If you mean hearsay, despite the fact it was ages ago, it was hardly crime of the century was it? No animals were harmed. I wasn't using child soldiers or forcibly circumcising women in Africa. It was some words on a forum.

I got a definition wrong, argued like an idiot for a while, then accepted I was wrong. There was never going to be the grovelling apology some people seem to want because it doesn't matter. At all. Like I said, the embarrassing bit is the row with Dan which I would gladly apologise for if I believed Dan was insecure enough to need one.

I know that if it'd been someone else, I would have been generous enough to not go on about an old, boring mistake for years. Indeed, I haven't for anyone elses sh*fests, bot being obsessed with forum history like some.

I'm ready for that hug when you are.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8