Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India A vs Australia A in India

+19
taipan
The One
skully
Para Batsman
WideWally
Red
tac
horace
lardbucket
Henry
Ross
Naeem
JGK
Nath
PearlJ
philcric
doremi
embee
Chandan
23 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

India A vs Australia A in India - Page 5 Empty Re: India A vs Australia A in India

Post by philcric Fri 05 Sep 2008, 19:25

Chandan wrote:
philcric wrote:
Chandan wrote:Aus A mifgt have got out for 116 but right now they are hammering each and every Indian bowler in the squad. This shows that there was certainly something for the bowler in this pitch on the first two days.

I'm I'm glad that the myth of Chawla and Parmar being good bowlers for longer version is being hammered into pieces.

Goel,

Any idea why Sree didn't play? Is he still not fit enough?

Piyush Chawla is all of 19 years old!! You cannot expect a bowler to be world-class before he even gets a fair run in the team.

Looking at how ineffective Kumble has been in the last 12 months, Piyush Chawla (or Amit Mishra) is close to test selection.
I think both Chawla and Mishra are very talented, and they'd do very well when they get a fair run in the team (tests).

You make me shudder Phil. First of all do not stick this Chawla fellow at 19, like Afridi was stuck at 16. He is well over 20 now. And I do not grudge him giving chances in A teams or even ODIs. Do whatever you want to make him world class.

BUT HE IS NOT WORLD CLASS AS YET!!

Accept this for heavens sake!

You yourself say that he is not world class, and then you say that he is close to test selection for India---what is this? Indian cricket in crisis?

And Kumble has been ineffective in last 12 months? It seems you have forgotten his performance at Melbourne and Sydney on Boxing Day test and new year test just 8 months back. He got crucial breakthroughs even at Perth but after that he was injured.

And he was ineffective only in Lanka. I have hope that back to full fitness, he will be ready for the BG test series--at least first two tests.

He himself said that it takes him ages to recover now and so I guess he won't be fully fit in the 4th test.

This is why I wanted Mishra for a trial, just to see whether he is better than Chawla or not. But selectors are in some other land apparently.

Chandan, Relax !!

Piyush Chawla might be 19 or 20 or 21 or 22 ... my point is he's pretty young and he's got potential .... and may I say He's more talented and performed better than Kumble when he was 19 or 20.

Anyways, according to Cricinfo, PC is 19 years and 256 days.
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/32966.html

Kumble .. well,, i don't have anything against Kumble,, he just seems to be consistently ineffective recently. The Lankan series (where Murali, Mendis and Harbi did very well), 2 more home series prior to that ... can't recall Kumble doing well. In fact I don't recall when was the last time Kumble won us a test in India.

Re: being world class, how can u say he is or he is not world class even before he played a fair no of test matches??
philcric
philcric

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

India A vs Australia A in India - Page 5 Empty Re: India A vs Australia A in India

Post by Nath Fri 05 Sep 2008, 23:33

Chandan wrote:
So it seems Casson injured himself while fielding. Indian papers had said that it was slight hamstring strain. No idea what an adductor muscle strain is, though!

It's a groin strain, Chandan.
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11981
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 06 Sep 2008, 01:37

So we scraped out with a draw.

Australia A cricket in crisis.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Sat 06 Sep 2008, 08:05

Kumble in '08,

Tests: 8; Wickets: 25; Ave: 45.76; S/r: 87.4

Don't know about Chandan's expectations, but these are absolutely pathetic stats from our lead bowler especially considering that he is captain as well and should be setting example before his team mates by his own performance.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Sat 06 Sep 2008, 08:08

And you know what, India played most of its tests at spin friendly venues (or the ones which atleast weren't seaming where Kumble has been totally ineffective all throughout his career, whether home or away).

Have a look at where India played its tests during '08, Sydney, Adelaide, Chennai, Kanpur, and then 3 SL venues where both Mendis and Murali bagged truckloads of wickets, but Kumble averaged 50 in that series.

And then he has guts to blame Indian batsmen for India's loss in SL. What a loser this man is!! Not fit enough to be in any int'l team on the basis of his performance, let alone lead one.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 06 Sep 2008, 11:20

So when's the next game?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Sat 06 Sep 2008, 11:21

SG wrote:Kumble in '08,

Tests: 8; Wickets: 25; Ave: 45.76; S/r: 87.4

Don't know about Chandan's expectations, but these are absolutely pathetic stats from our lead bowler especially considering that he is captain as well and should be setting example before his team mates by his own performance.

So Goel,

You think Chawla will do better than this?

Just tell me how well had he performed against SA at Kanpur, an absolute spin paradise against players who are supposedly poor against orthodox leg-spin?

And read cricinfo's matcg bulletin to read how Chawla bowled to relatively inexperienced bowlers in the second inning.

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Sat 06 Sep 2008, 11:22

skully wrote:So when's the next game?

From 9th.

Read the 1st page of this thread. I've posted the whole itinerary for this tour!

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 06 Sep 2008, 11:23

Ah, yes. Thanks Chandan.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 06 Sep 2008, 12:05

Chandan wrote:
doremi wrote:What is with Australia and crap Indian SLAs? Should Ojha and Yuvraj be our strike bowlers for the test series in Oct?

Hmm.. Why do you think so? Which SLA bowlers have succeeded against Australia in tests and when?

Murali 'sometimes average otherwise below average' Kartik.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Sat 06 Sep 2008, 12:34

So Goel,

So you want to continue with an ageing Kumble (he is 38 for heaven's sake and surely isn't getting any younger) just because Chawla has been crap so far in his short int'l career?

Weird logic, I must say.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Sun 07 Sep 2008, 07:13

SG wrote:
So Goel,

So you want to continue with an ageing Kumble (he is 38 for heaven's sake and surely isn't getting any younger) just because Chawla has been crap so far in his short int'l career?

Weird logic, I must say.

Nope. But instead I'll try Amit Misra too in A matches and Irani trophy to see if he is any good or not or if he is better than Chawla or not.

And for the series vs Australia, I'll certainly continue with Kumble at least in the first 2 tests.

I think people in India only are over sensitive about age. I had not heard the Australians crying out loud that Warne should retire because he was 37, wasn't getting any younger etc etc.

Even you know that Chawla is not ready as yet. We tried him in 2006 and came at this conclusion. Then we tried him in 2008 just before 5 months and arrived at the same conclusion. Yet you want him to play against Australia, just because Kumble has fell off a little in last 2 series, is 38 and hence not getting any younger?

Really wierd logic, I must say!

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Sun 07 Sep 2008, 07:28

I think people in India only are over sensitive about age. I had not heard the Australians crying out loud that Warne should retire because he was 37, wasn't getting any younger etc etc.
When did I say I've any problems with his age only?

Only problem I've with is with his pathetic performances in this year even on spin friendly wickets.

But age starts to become a problem when you are getting crap with each passing day. And to remind you that was not the case with Warne who took truckloads of wickets even in his last few test series, he took 79 wickets in his last 5 test series. Now try to sample this with Kumble's last few test series and then revert whether age is a barrier with him or not.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Sun 07 Sep 2008, 07:29

And why are you stuck on Chawla? Atleast I never advocated for Chawla alone. My only problem is with Kumble continuing any further in the team, let alone as Indian captain.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Sun 07 Sep 2008, 07:38

I'm not happy with his captaincy either and want Dhoni to impose himself a bit more in the test team, while batting. How crucial he is for keeping was pretty clear to everyone during the Lanka series.

And I'm not stuck to Chawla. It is the selectors who are stuck to him and are not even trying other options as if they've made up their mind for Chawla. Or else, why wasn't Mishra chosen for the final XI, please tell me.

My problem is that none of the replacements for Kumble deserve a test cap just now as a 4 th bowler in the team which is already carrying Bhajji who often blows more cold than hot. That is a big big risk. I would not take that risk at least in the first 2 tests vs Australia.

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Sun 07 Sep 2008, 07:42

Another bad news for India:

Sreesanth still injured

But good news : Ishant cleared

Sachin says that he is fit

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Sun 07 Sep 2008, 08:15

Sree would've been anyway cannon fodder for Aussie bats on Indian pitches.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Mon 08 Sep 2008, 06:28

The second FC match will be starting from tomorrow.

Do any of the Australian forummers know if their spin duo will be fit for this match or not?

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by brockley Mon 08 Sep 2008, 06:50

Chandan matey at this stage they are hoping to be fit,thats the word from the australian.
So gather they will have a fitness test before the game.

brockley

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-09-09
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by brockley Mon 08 Sep 2008, 06:53

Not listed as covered by cricinfo tomorrow.

brockley

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-09-09
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Mon 08 Sep 2008, 08:24

brockley wrote:Chandan matey at this stage they are hoping to be fit,thats the word from the australian.

Thanks.

Looks like even the Australian media is not interested in finding out which spinner ultimately gets chosen in the Australian squad for B-G Trophy.

As for cricinfo not listing it in covering it live, they provide only the updates as there is no live coverage of this series.

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Mon 08 Sep 2008, 08:57

Chandan wrote:
brockley wrote:Chandan matey at this stage they are hoping to be fit,thats the word from the australian.

Thanks.

Looks like even the Australian media is not interested in finding out which spinner ultimately gets chosen in the Australian squad for B-G Trophy.

As for cricinfo not listing it in covering it live, they provide only the updates as there is no live coverage of this series.

We care. It's just buried amongst the Buddymania coverage.

We'll show our outrage when some undeserving NSW hack gets picked
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Mon 08 Sep 2008, 13:20

Nath wrote:
Chandan wrote:

Thanks.

We care. It's just buried amongst the Buddymania coverage.

We'll show our outrage when some undeserving NSW hack gets picked

Who do you expect to be picked, by the way?

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Mon 08 Sep 2008, 13:51

some NSW hack! Keep up, Chandan! Razz
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Mon 08 Sep 2008, 13:51

He must be having a name?

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next