Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India A vs Australia A in India

+19
taipan
The One
skully
Para Batsman
WideWally
Red
tac
horace
lardbucket
Henry
Ross
Naeem
JGK
Nath
PearlJ
philcric
doremi
embee
Chandan
23 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

India A vs Australia A in India - Page 4 Empty Re: India A vs Australia A in India

Post by Para Batsman Fri 05 Sep 2008, 07:59

Fleas to the rescue?

Para Batsman

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2008-08-29
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

India A vs Australia A in India - Page 4 Empty Re: India A vs Australia A in India

Post by skully Fri 05 Sep 2008, 07:59

SG wrote:Aus 'A' all out for 116.
Jebus, who did the damage?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 05 Sep 2008, 08:02

Two 20 year olds- The leggie Piyush Chawla, and an off spinner by the name of Mohnish Parmar.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 05 Sep 2008, 08:03

We are so farked in October.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 05 Sep 2008, 08:04

Now now. There's no need to start that already.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 05 Sep 2008, 08:08

Marcus North- How come he rarely gets mentioned in terms of playing for Australia? I've seen him bat on a few occasions and he looks 10 times better than the overrated Voges.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:20

Henry wrote:Marcus North- How come he rarely gets mentioned in terms of playing for Australia? I've seen him bat on a few occasions and he looks 10 times better than the overrated Voges.

I rate him, too. Unfortunately he had an ill-timed injury about two years ago. He's probably in the running for Symonds' spot.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:37

Strange player North - he had a stint at Lancs and he was generally regarded as their worst ever overseas player.

Whats more he looked ordinary too.

Yet he played one innings for Glos on TV that made me take note - shows you shouldn't write a player off after a poor season.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:37

Aus 'A': 3/57, North: 76*.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:44

What is with Australia and crap Indian SLAs? Should Ojha and Yuvraj be our strike bowlers for the test series in Oct?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:47

SG wrote:Aus 'A': 3/57, North: 76*.

Huh?
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Fri 05 Sep 2008, 11:04

It means that on the virtue of first innings deficit of 168 runs, effectively Aus 'A' are: 3/57 atm.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 05 Sep 2008, 11:05

Ah ok, thought to myself WTF!? Very Happy
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Fri 05 Sep 2008, 11:39

Aus 'A': 7/95, North out for 88.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Fri 05 Sep 2008, 12:36

Match drawn.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 13:00

doremi wrote:What is with Australia and crap Indian SLAs? Should Ojha and Yuvraj be our strike bowlers for the test series in Oct?

Hmm.. Why do you think so? Which SLA bowlers have succeeded against Australia in tests and when?

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 13:03

And I came to know that two of Auistrali A's spinners were injured ie, McGain and Casson on the very first day.

I think India should have batted again and compounded their miseries.

Will these two spinners play in the next match?

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 05 Sep 2008, 13:03

How was Casson injured?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 13:10

This is the article which talks about their injury:

Wrist spinners Bryce McGain and Beau Casson are both in India with Australia A, but suffered injuries on day one of the tour match against India A in Bangalore.

McGain took 3-51 on day one but suffered a shoulder strain in his bowling arm, while Casson strained his adductor muscle in the outfield, which limited him to one over.

So it seems Casson injured himself while fielding. Indian papers had said that it was slight hamstring strain. No idea what an adductor muscle strain is, though!

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 05 Sep 2008, 13:17

Cheers Chandan.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Fri 05 Sep 2008, 14:41

Good old North. Great player of spin. He did really well against Kaneria in a 4 day game a while back. Seems to do well when his team are down.
PearlJ
PearlJ

India A vs Australia A in India - Page 4 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by philcric Fri 05 Sep 2008, 14:47

Chandan wrote:Aus A mifgt have got out for 116 but right now they are hammering each and every Indian bowler in the squad. This shows that there was certainly something for the bowler in this pitch on the first two days.

I'm I'm glad that the myth of Chawla and Parmar being good bowlers for longer version is being hammered into pieces.

Goel,

Any idea why Sree didn't play? Is he still not fit enough?

Piyush Chawla is all of 19 years old!! You cannot expect a bowler to be world-class before he even gets a fair run in the team.

Looking at how ineffective Kumble has been in the last 12 months, Piyush Chawla (or Amit Mishra) is close to test selection.

I think both Chawla and Mishra are very talented, and they'd do very well when they get a fair run in the team (tests).
philcric
philcric

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 05 Sep 2008, 14:48

PearlJ wrote:Good old North. Great player of spin. He did really well against Kaneria in a 4 day game a while back. Seems to do well when his team are down.

And then choke when approaching the ton...
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Fri 05 Sep 2008, 14:54

JKLever wrote:
PearlJ wrote:Good old North. Great player of spin. He did really well against Kaneria in a 4 day game a while back. Seems to do well when his team are down.

And then choke when approaching the ton...

Yeah, he's pretty good at that.
PearlJ
PearlJ

India A vs Australia A in India - Page 4 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 15:57

philcric wrote:
Chandan wrote:Aus A mifgt have got out for 116 but right now they are hammering each and every Indian bowler in the squad. This shows that there was certainly something for the bowler in this pitch on the first two days.

I'm I'm glad that the myth of Chawla and Parmar being good bowlers for longer version is being hammered into pieces.

Goel,

Any idea why Sree didn't play? Is he still not fit enough?

Piyush Chawla is all of 19 years old!! You cannot expect a bowler to be world-class before he even gets a fair run in the team.

Looking at how ineffective Kumble has been in the last 12 months, Piyush Chawla (or Amit Mishra) is close to test selection.
I think both Chawla and Mishra are very talented, and they'd do very well when they get a fair run in the team (tests).

You make me shudder Phil. First of all do not stick this Chawla fellow at 19, like Afridi was stuck at 16. He is well over 20 now. And I do not grudge him giving chances in A teams or even ODIs. Do whatever you want to make him world class.

BUT HE IS NOT WORLD CLASS AS YET!!

Accept this for heavens sake!

You yourself say that he is not world class, and then you say that he is close to test selection for India---what is this? Indian cricket in crisis?

And Kumble has been ineffective in last 12 months? It seems you have forgotten his performance at Melbourne and Sydney on Boxing Day test and new year test just 8 months back. He got crucial breakthroughs even at Perth but after that he was injured.

And he was ineffective only in Lanka. I have hope that back to full fitness, he will be ready for the BG test series--at least first two tests.

He himself said that it takes him ages to recover now and so I guess he won't be fully fit in the 4th test.

This is why I wanted Mishra for a trial, just to see whether he is better than Chawla or not. But selectors are in some other land apparently.

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next