Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rubbish Aussie county cricketers

+16
tac
holcs
taipan
skully
Brass Monkey
horace
lardbucket
embee
LeFromage
Merlin
Gary 111
PearlJ
Basil
Henry
JKLever
Eric Air Emu
20 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rubbish Aussie county cricketers - Page 3 Empty Re: Rubbish Aussie county cricketers

Post by taipan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:39

skully wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Koala junior was certainly prolific.

di Venuto made runs in CC when he couldn't buy them in Shield.

Peter Bowler made runs in CC when he couldn't scratch a dozen for Tasmania or the Comets.

Hussey had to learn to make runs in CC before he could make them in Australia.
Phil Jaques scored billions of CC runs. So much so that I thought he were a Pomgolian until he came back and started to scratch a few runs for the Spivs.

And Vaughan can't score any. Odd ain't it?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Rubbish Aussie county cricketers - Page 3 Empty Re: Rubbish Aussie county cricketers

Post by skully Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:41

What is Vawn's CC record like? Always seemed to punch above his weight in Tests - particularly v Aus.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:44

skully wrote:What is Vawn's CC record like? Always seemed to punch above his weight in Tests - particularly v Aus.

8980 @ 36.8

Would say he'd underperformed in county cricket rather than punched above his weight in tests. He had the talent.

Gower did the same... he averaged 38 in county cricket for Leicestershire

Last edited by JKLever on Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:47; edited 1 time in total
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:46

Brass Monkey wrote:
horace wrote:or struggled to adapt to english beer

I love the Aussie's beer jibes - horrendously unfounded. We've the latest technology in cold filling. All pumps are chilled, we have a variance of beer - seeing as we drink more than most and our proximity is near some of the world's greatest beer makers. Furthermore, most Aussies I've drank with are f*cking lightweights.

Personally I found pom beer to be as weak as piss. But that might have something to do with my highveld upbringing.

Dan I qualified it in my initial post.

Last edited by taipan on Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:49; edited 1 time in total
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:46

JKLever wrote:
skully wrote:What is Vawn's CC record like? Always seemed to punch above his weight in Tests - particularly v Aus.

8980 @ 36.8

Would say he'd underperformed in county cricket rather than punched above his weight in tests. He had the talent.

Gower did the same...
Cheers JKL.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:48

taipan wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:

I love the Aussie's beer jibes - horrendously unfounded. We've the latest technology in cold filling. All pumps are chilled, we have a variance of beer - seeing as we drink more than most and our proximity is near some of the world's greatest beer makers. Furthermore, most Aussies I've drank with are f*cking lightweights.

Personally I found pom beer to be as weak as piss. But that might have something to do with my highveld upbringing.
Ah, nothing like a braai and a Castle, ay taips?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:49

taipan wrote:Personally I found pom beer to be as weak as piss. But that might have something to do with my highveld upbringing.

Of course Taips. Of course. Not sure where you went in the country, but I think you'll find our premiums are markedly stronger than your lot.

Is 'Pom beer' actually beer? Is it 'Pom' or just the foreign stuff we drink?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:50

skully wrote:

**snigger**
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:51

For taips:

skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:56

skully wrote:
taipan wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:

Yep, i can remember being invited to a "barbeque" in England.

They were doing hamburger patties and rashers of bacon.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 05 Sep 2008, 09:58

taipan wrote:
Yep, i can remember being invited to a "barbeque" in England.

They were doing hamburger patties and rashers of bacon.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:07

Brass Monkey wrote:
taipan wrote:Personally I found pom beer to be as weak as piss. But that might have something to do with my highveld upbringing.

Of course Taips. Of course. Not sure where you went in the country, but I think you'll find our premiums are markedly stronger than your lot.

But you have to take the highveld conditioning into consideration. We live at 5500+ft
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:16

OK. Your 5% lager is worth 192%. I'm only 370 feet above sea level so the stronger lager probably actually tastes and feels even stronger.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:19

Brass Monkey wrote:OK. Your 5% lager is worth 192%. I'm only 370 feet above sea level so the stronger lager probably actually tastes and feels even stronger.

Danny, I was being serious. I find that I can drink far more of the local stuff at the coast. As I said that might have coloured my perceptions of the strength of the Engliah variety
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:23

taipan wrote:Danny, I was being serious. I find that I can drink far more of the local stuff at the coast. As I said that might have coloured my perceptions of the strength of the Engliah variety

So, it didn't 'taste' as weak as piss - you recognised that on average it's stronger(i.e. every 'export' lager, plus the Flemish ones) it's just you could drink more because you live up high? I'm starting to get you, you need to elaborate more.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:31

Brass Monkey wrote:
taipan wrote:Danny, I was being serious. I find that I can drink far more of the local stuff at the coast. As I said that might have coloured my perceptions of the strength of the Engliah variety

So, it didn't 'taste' as weak as piss - you recognised that on average it's stronger(i.e. every 'export' lager, plus the Flemish ones) it's just you could drink more because you live up high? I'm starting to get you, you need to elaborate more.

I was basically drinking the export lagers in England. I found that as I was hitting my stride say 7/8 pints the people around me were getting pissed.

I have often seen the reverse. Poms arriving on the highveld are sloshed after about 4.

My personal theory is that it has to do with the lower oxygen content at altitude. When I go to the coast the increased oxygen allows you to drink more.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:32

Maybe you're superhuman?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:35

Brass Monkey wrote:Maybe you're superhuman?

That's my other theory
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:39

taipan wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:

I was basically drinking the export lagers in England. I found that as I was hitting my stride say 7/8 pints the people around me were getting pissed.

I have often seen the reverse. Poms arriving on the highveld are sloshed after about 4.

My personal theory is that it has to do with the lower oxygen content at altitude. When I go to the coast the increased oxygen allows you to drink more.

Aye cheap as chips getting mooncatted in the highveld!

Danny, Taips is right, it does affect you more ast altitude compared to normal.
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:41

holcs wrote:
taipan wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:

Stuff and nonsense . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:47

holcs wrote:

No. He said it 'tasted weak as piss', in essence concurring that 'Pom beer is weak as piss'. When on average, it's stronger. He then started bringing out the 'Highveld' thing - that's fine, but it was moving further away from his original statement all the time.

I'm not disputing something I don't know about, which is high-altitude/low-altitude drinking.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:51

Brass Monkey wrote:
holcs wrote:

No. He said it 'tasted weak as piss', in essence concurring that 'Pom beer is weak as piss'. When on average, it's stronger. He then started bringing out the 'Highveld' thing - that's fine, but it was moving further away from his original statement all the time.

I'm not disputing something I don't know about, which is high-altitude/low-altitude drinking.

Read my initial post again. I said I found it as weak as piss but that might be because of the highveld thing.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:55

taipan wrote:
Read my initial post again. I said I found it as weak as piss but that might be because of the highveld thing.

Your initial post that you just edited? How damned pathetic Nigel, even for your good self.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:57

Brass Monkey wrote:
taipan wrote:

Your initial post that you just edited? How damned pathetic Nigel, even for your good self.

Fark me . . . Nidge has outdone himself in the pathetic stakes . . . .

Best hope you never get cancer, Nidge, you wouldn't last 2 weeks, you weak arse qunt
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 05 Sep 2008, 11:01

skully wrote:
taipan wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:

Sorry about thsat Dan I edited instead of posting.

Unless Skulls just edited his as well.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next