Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he?

+33
Brass Monkey
Growler
Sidhu
Fred Nerk
Fly Pig Boy Fly
lardbucket
Invader Zim
Red
Jontyh
beamer
Shoeshine
embee
PeterCS
Naeem
horace
Zat
taipan
tac
skully
Bradman
JGK
G.Wood
Josh Carney
Blackadder
LeFromage
Merlin
Basil
Eric Air Emu
JKLever
Hass
The One
DJ_Smerk
Henry
37 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he? - Page 8 Empty Re: Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he?

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 01 Jan 2014, 11:03

Thanks MB

Well I got that one right - even when you set an arbitrary 'more-than-Johnno' 7-Test limit, which of course is brutal if that's all your country played, Pup only comes in at no 11, so wouldn't make a 17 man touring squad based on the numbers.

Won 5, lost 6, drew 2 as Akela too - so no Mike Brearley spot either.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he? - Page 8 Empty Re: Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he?

Post by CT Wed 01 Jan 2014, 11:07

Henry wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:Fine Pete but what does 'personal exasperation' have to do with Trev and MJ? If I was an England follower, I'd get exasperated with KP and Carbuncle and Prior and Jimmy - not with the blokes on the other team, they can play as gormlessly or as ineptly as they like.

I wasn't "exasperated" by Johnson. As a guy who watches quite a lot of cricket, I was pointing out that he was shit. Recently he's been less shit. I prefer to comment on what I see at the time, and I don't care if years down the track, when the player has turned things around, some bored Aussie forummer decides to resurrect a thread to try and point out that actually, I was wrong. Well I wasn't wrong at the time that I started the thread. We were all pretty much in agreement- Johnson was shit. Verging on a laughing stock (He bowls to the left....)

I'm an England supporter, but a cricket fan. I didn't notice any manual that stated I'm not allowed to pass judgement on players from other nations, or indeed that I should be more considerate of other forummers who might have a nerve well and truly (and frequently) struck by my posts.
WELL YOU WERE WRONG so there Razz .
CT
CT

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 01 Jan 2014, 11:12

taipan wrote:What filter did you use. I don't seem to see Dhawan.

400 runs

Dhawan got 319
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 01 Jan 2014, 14:03

embee wrote:
taipan wrote:What filter did you use. I don't seem to see Dhawan.

400 runs

Dhawan got 319

So on the criteria you used Smith is the top opener.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 14 Feb 2014, 12:24

Not really that shit
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Fri 14 Feb 2014, 12:32

He definitely has been shitter.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 14:20

If he'd been this good throughout his career then Aus would have never lost their number 1 ranking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Sat 15 Feb 2014, 06:59

vilkrang wrote:If he'd been this good throughout his career then Aus would have never lost their number 1 ranking.
more importantly wed never have lost the ashes as long as he was fit
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by CT Sat 15 Feb 2014, 15:14

12 wickets for the match and wins the game for oz. says it all Mitch you good thing
CT
CT

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 06 Dec 2014, 01:01

This is still a great read ... after his devastating opening gambit, Trev returns to again woof Mitchell Johnson on to greater future deeds towards the bottom of page 7 before going on at the top of page 8 to effectively rule out Harris and Siddle as serious threats by the time England tour in 2013

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 07 Dec 2014, 23:47

to be fair I think most of us have had cracks at Midge...only Mudge raised this to an artform of woofery
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Aug 2015, 16:28

11 wicktets @ 39.81

TREEEEEEVVVVOOOOORRRRRR? Anyting?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 25 Aug 2015, 17:28

15 wickets @ 35 actually. I did the numbers and added colours and everything. He was a red.

But I think it was a bit misleading as, to my mind, he bowled far better than Starc or Hazlewood, who ended up with better figures.

LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Aug 2015, 17:41

Oh that makes a big difference - 3 wickets a match for 105 runs. Whoop-a-di-diddly-do. Furthermore, it's the principal of the matter, Smokey, we're talking principalities here. Furthermore, your name is NOT Trevor. Not to me. Same player-noting skills, but NOT the same person. So... would you kindly back away from the thread and let TREVOR take over.

All-in-all, I wasn't saying a lot, fine bowler at his best, was unluckyish in the series, though wasted opportunities to put us under the pump. A lot of admiration on how he handled the Barmy Army as well.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 12:41

Yeah thought he was a total thunderqunt before the series. Gone up in my estimation at least a little bit with how he handled the crowd, was a good sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 12:41

It's also easier to like a bloke when he isn't destroying your team and laughing in their faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8