Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he?

+33
Brass Monkey
Growler
Sidhu
Fred Nerk
Fly Pig Boy Fly
lardbucket
Invader Zim
Red
Jontyh
beamer
Shoeshine
embee
PeterCS
Naeem
horace
Zat
taipan
tac
skully
Bradman
JGK
G.Wood
Josh Carney
Blackadder
LeFromage
Merlin
Basil
Eric Air Emu
JKLever
Hass
The One
DJ_Smerk
Henry
37 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he?

Post by Shoeshine Tue 21 Jul 2009, 11:36

Is it just me who thought that Johnson actually looked a bit afraid when Flintoff was pounding in at him yesterday? He certainly flinched a fair few times. Maybe it's my imagination.

Shoeshine

Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he? - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4512
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he? - Page 3 Empty Re: Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he?

Post by JKLever Tue 21 Jul 2009, 11:38

Well he looked vulnerable to the short pitched ball at 92+mph. But who wouldn't? Fred was like a demon yesterday.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Tue 21 Jul 2009, 11:42

I don't mean vulnerable - Hughes is vulnerable - I mean the way that he was flinching and looking away from the ball. Ahh, who knows. I might well be reading too much into it.

Shoeshine

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 21 Jul 2009, 11:43

I hate to sound desperate, but what's the word on Bung's fitness?

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 21 Jul 2009, 12:43

Now that is desperate.

Yesterday's man, given the big farkoff and don't ever darken our doors again .... suddenly, it's please please come back Brett, you are our hero and saviour.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 21 Jul 2009, 12:44

I suppose it will be Clarky for Edgbaston.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 21 Jul 2009, 13:03

Shoeshine wrote:I don't mean vulnerable - Hughes is vulnerable - I mean the way that he was flinching and looking away from the ball. Ahh, who knows. I might well be reading too much into it.
What Lever said.

But he splattered anything that was remotely off a line - including a few from Fred ... the straight drive and his viscious pull thru midwicket come to mind. Didn't please Freddie one bit !
Was a good contest between those two.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Tue 21 Jul 2009, 15:21

Lots of coverage in the Australian media about how Johnson is on the verge of being dropped from the side - particularly if he sprays it in the tour match.

Badly as he's bowled, I can't help but think England would be thrilled if Australia didn't pick him.

Shoeshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2009, 20:03

Shoeshine wrote:
Badly as he's bowled, I can't help but think England would be thrilled if Australia didn't pick him.

Not sure I'd agree. If he stays in that type of form, England will get runs, whereas Clark will dry them up.

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 21 Jul 2009, 20:43

If the MJ of the first 2 tests shows up England would be dissapointed if he didn't play.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 21 Jul 2009, 21:14

His arm is all over the shop. Acciracy almost as woeful as that leftie who used to play for Essex. Not Ilott, before him, girly blonde locks, pendant, pork pie hat. What was his name again?

Cockney geeza, IIRC. Pulley? Winch? Gear? Something like that his name was ... absolutely terrible, he was. Diarrhoea in a bucket.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 21 Jul 2009, 21:25

PeterCS wrote:Now that is desperate.

Yesterday's man, given the big farkoff and don't ever darken our doors again .... suddenly, it's please please come back Brett, you are our hero and saviour.
Just like we do every year with Harmison really...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 21 Jul 2009, 21:28

I didn't say we weren't usually more desperate ...
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Tue 21 Jul 2009, 21:40

Hard to see how he can get his form back in fewer than two weeks - it'll take some serious mental strength to rebuild his confidence after such a relentless humiliation.

Still, from what I've read he's a tough lad so we shouldn't rule it out.
Jontyh
Jontyh

Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he? - Page 3 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2257
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Jul 2009, 22:13

Jontyh wrote:Hard to see how he can get his form back in fewer than two weeks - it'll take some serious mental strength to rebuild his confidence after such a relentless humiliation.

From what i've read he's as soft as baby shit. Got dropped from the Queensland side a few years back, sooked off, and became a plumber for 2 years before he was finally talked into playing cricket again.

His body language is rubbish and his confidence as fragile as horrie's hip.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Tue 21 Jul 2009, 22:30

Hehe! I'm not sure if you've done much plumbing but I'd not swap it for pro cricket, not that I have any experience of the latter.

Don't disagree with his body language, but he's not had an easy life by all accounts so he may be more resilient than Horrie's hip. We'll see..
Jontyh
Jontyh

Number of posts : 2257
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 21 Jul 2009, 23:10

And he looks like Steve-O from Jackass.

*attemps to jump a hive of killer bees on a unicycle, falls off straight into the hive, everyone pisses themselves laughing as I die of anaphylactic shock*
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Wed 22 Jul 2009, 04:59

Why don't we just promote Johnson to four and drop Hussey?

In the last 12 months Hussey has averaged 33.2, whereas Johnson has averaged 34.9.

To tell you the truth, it's probably no worse than some of the things the selectors are considering!

Hass

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 22 Jul 2009, 10:02

Alternatively drop one of your batsmen and you would still have someone who has scored a ton and an 80 coming in at 6.

You would also have the choice of sending Johnson out to pasture should he start serving up short and wide pies again.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 22 Jul 2009, 10:05

Henry wrote:
Jontyh wrote:Hard to see how he can get his form back in fewer than two weeks - it'll take some serious mental strength to rebuild his confidence after such a relentless humiliation.

From what i've read he's as soft as baby shit. Got dropped from the Queensland side a few years back, sooked off, and became a plumber for 2 years before he was finally talked into playing cricket again.

His body language is rubbish and his confidence as fragile as horrie's hip.
Hard to argue.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 22 Jul 2009, 10:09

The current predicament sums up the complete sh!thouseness of the NSP.

Only 6 batsmen selected and only 2 and half of them are in form. All hopes pinned on ex-Mummy's boy Midge to be the new Davo but he turns out to be a chocolate soldier, and their best option would appear to be to get a half fit Bung back.

FFS, shoot the qunts. Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he? - Page 3 Foxes_555
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 22 Jul 2009, 10:12

Speaking of Davo, I heard him interviewed on the radio the other day and he said that both he and Harvey were severely short sighted and that he (Davo) would only pick the ball up when it was halfway down the pitch.

Being short sighted and knowing that if I didn't have contacts or glasses on I would be a static target for any bowler, I did find it hard to believe.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2009, 13:24

PeterCS wrote:His arm is all over the shop. Acciracy almost as woeful as that leftie who used to play for Essex.

Cockney geeza, IIRC. Pulley? Winch? Gear? Something like that his name was ... absolutely terrible, he was. Diarrhoea in a bucket.

He got it all over the ball in India in 1976. They didn't need Tresco's mints in those days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 22 Jul 2009, 14:38

skully wrote:The current predicament sums up the complete sh!thouseness of the NSP.

Only 6 batsmen selected and only 2 and half of them are in form. All hopes pinned on ex-Mummy's boy Midge to be the new Davo but he turns out to be a chocolate soldier, and their best option would appear to be to get a half fit Bung back.

FFS, shoot the qunts. Mitchell Johnson- How shit is he? - Page 3 Foxes_555

It was criminal to go on two successive tours without a reserve batsman. And this time they send two dubious all-rounders, and ageing, fast bowlers with fitness queries against their names as the support crew.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 22 Jul 2009, 15:26

Read the sig...

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next