Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitchell Johnson...Overrated? or a Star of the Future.

+24
lardbucket
Ross
Josh Carney
Zat
ojitarian
Blackadder_
Brass Monkey
Fred Nerk
please don't yell
G.Wood
doremi
Geoffrey Trueman
tac
bodyline
skully
horace
LeFromage
Henry
embee
PearlJ
Mick Sawyer
Basil
JGK
DJ_Smerk
28 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mitchell Johnson...Overrated? or a Star of the Future. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mitchell Johnson...Overrated? or a Star of the Future.

Post by bodyline Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:28 pm

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

bodyline

Mitchell Johnson...Overrated? or a Star of the Future. - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2335
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Mitchell Johnson...Overrated? or a Star of the Future. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mitchell Johnson...Overrated? or a Star of the Future.

Post by horace Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:40 pm

thats a good way to put the moccas (sorry Carl) on him
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:41 pm

bodyline wrote:QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

A pity he isnt playing leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg SOO vs the Dubbers
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26205
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:49 pm

embee wrote:

johnno is santa ???
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:49 pm

embee wrote:

johnno is santa ???
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:13 pm

horace wrote:thats a good way to put the moccas (sorry Carl) on him

I was talking yesterday about MEW being clueless spiv & the fact that you don't need to be a former player to make an analyst.

The big mocca is a great example of a former player who does make a great analyst. During summer the morning radio show I listen to gives him a call up on the farm - it's great stuff. Open, honest without a shred of cliched or thoughtless populist opinion.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:16 pm

Mick Sawyer wrote:
horace wrote:thats a good way to put the moccas (sorry Carl) on him

I was talking yesterday about MEW being clueless spiv & the fact that you don't need to be a former player to make an analyst.

The big mocca is a great example of a former player who does make a great analyst. During summer the morning radio show I listen to gives him a call up on the farm - it's great stuff. Open, honest without a shred of cliched or thoughtless populist opinion.

Does he sound like either Gabba D or Minnesota F?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:28 pm

the real carl is a really good guy...you can tell this by the way he struggles to be diplomatic in his comments about simmo
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoffrey Trueman Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:29 pm

DJ_Smerk wrote:Henry, Dermott, Midge, Stewie, Blee, Magoo

Who the **** are these people?

With regards to Mitchell Johnson, I'm struggling to think of a country that's got a better prospect.

As an Englishman, given the choice between Broad, Sreenath and Johnson I know who I'd sooner have in my team. Although throwing Morkel into the mix would make the choice more difficult.
Geoffrey Trueman
Geoffrey Trueman

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:40 pm

Especially as Srinath has been retired for over 4 years.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:18 pm

horace wrote:the real carl is a really good guy...you can tell this by the way he struggles to be diplomatic in his comments about simmo

I've not heard the Simmo stuff but I'm smiling at the thought.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:21 pm

Geoffrey Trueman wrote:
DJ_Smerk wrote:Henry, Dermott, Midge, Stewie, Blee, Magoo

Who the **** are these people?

With regards to Mitchell Johnson, I'm struggling to think of a country that's got a better prospect.

As an Englishman, given the choice between Broad, Sreenath and Johnson I know who I'd sooner have in my team. Although throwing Morkel into the mix would make the choice more difficult.

Henry = Geoff Lawson, Dermott = Craig McDermott, Midge = Mitchell Johnson, Stewie = Stuart Clark, Blee = Brett Lee, Magoo = Stuart MacGill
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:26 pm

Stuart MacGill also known as
macdill
muttonhead
wino
fathead
typical wozzie
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:28 pm

horace wrote:the real carl is a really good guy...you can tell this by the way he struggles to be diplomatic in his comments about simmo

he also struggles to put two words together. 'ken thick
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:36 pm

G.Wood wrote:

he also struggles to put two words together. 'ken thickQueenslander!!!!

FIXED
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26205
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:59 pm

embee wrote:
G.Wood wrote:

FIXED

Indeed - what were I thinking.

He's on the same radio program as Richard Champion - if it's possible the two of them together make normal Chips look like Rhodes Scholars
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:49 pm

embee wrote:
G.Wood wrote:

FIXED

Indeed - what were I thinking.

He's on the same radio program as Richard Champion - if it's possible the two of them together make normal Chips look like Rhodes Scholars
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:09 pm

Ponting will open with Johnson I feel in the hope of early swing.

His inswinger to the right hander is deadly.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:22 pm

Can't see Midge getting the new cherry ahead of Subi (our leading bowler) and Bung who is only effective for the first couple of overs with the new ball.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by please don't yell Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:06 pm

I know mcdermott is constantly underrated here but for somebody to say lee might be better?

I mean wtf?

The bloke was destroyed by injuries and yet managed to take nearly 300 wickets, a lot of the time with almost no help at all.

please don't yell

Number of posts : 1138

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:15 pm

JGK wrote:Can't see Midge getting the new cherry ahead of Subi (our leading bowler) and Bung who is only effective for the first couple of overs with the new ball.

My mail is MG will open in the first innings with Lee.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:21 pm

please don't yell wrote:I know mcdermott is constantly underrated here but for somebody to say lee might be better?

I mean wtf?

The bloke was destroyed by injuries and yet managed to take nearly 300 wickets, a lot of the time with almost no help at all.
Bung is not a patch on McSofty.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105937
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:26 pm

skully wrote:
please don't yell wrote:I know mcdermott is constantly underrated here but for somebody to say lee might be better?

I mean wtf?

Bung is not a patch on McSofty.

Sage.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:53 pm

Can't see Midge getting the new cherry ahead of Subi (our leading bowler) and Bung who is only effective for the first couple of overs with the new ball.

LOL. Ponting has been the test captain for almost 4 years now. You really should know better. Lee will bowl the first over, with Johnson at the other end. Clark will be first change. Never mind the fact that Clark is the Aussies best bowler, Lee and Johnson have pace!!! Yeah!!!!
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:09 pm

"Bung is not a patch on McSofty."

So it would appear. McD was the name I trotted out for years when I was still trying to argue that Lee was just like most fast bowlers his age and he would become a real Test class cricketer when he grew up. But it never happened, and by the time Craig was the age Brettles is now, he had well and truly jacked it in.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next