Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum - Dead then?

+23
LeFromage
tricycle
Ethics? The Gall!
Lindsay no.2
Growler
Big Dog
Bradman
furriner
embee
skully
horace
JGK
lardbucket
Demelza
DJ_Smerk
Basil
PeterCS
G.Wood
Brass Monkey
taipan
Invader Zim
bodyline
Henry
27 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

This forum - Dead then? - Page 5 Empty Re: This forum - Dead then?

Post by taipan Fri 01 Apr 2016, 04:14

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
lardbucket wrote:
tricycle wrote:Furri. Bloody furriner uses slave labour to expand good effigy business.
He's a tough boss, too. I've been slaving over hot effigies all day.
ooops
thought you were testing the sex dolls.  or isnt he ready to go public on that sideline?

Effigy sex dolls? Is that where you go down in flames?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Fri 01 Apr 2016, 04:56

When you don't need a dozen shags a week to be on fire in bed.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Fri 01 Apr 2016, 08:06

Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 01 Apr 2016, 16:34

vilkrang wrote:Girlfriend thing is going better. Have decided to accept that she likes shit music and whilst she does have a decent taste in modern films, she won't accept any sci fi or anything old. 

It does still piss me off though. Wanted to start watching Hustle as I know her quite well now and knew she would like it. On principle she delayed and delayed and delayed and it was only when having dinner with her friends and they said "Oh you should watch Hustle, it's good" that she decided to give it a go and lo and behold she liked it (as I knew she would).

And then I have to defend films like Apocalypse Now, The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Leon, any decent sci film ever made and basically any film made before 1995 not just from accusations that they aren't any good, but mocking, actual mocking of me for liking said films, as though it's somehow ridiculous to like some of the best films of all time.

She also failed to get both Hitler and Winston Churchill when playing 20 questions and asked me to pick something easier.

I've just gone on another rant, this was meant to be me saying things are going better now... We both like walking at least. And also both like the Walking Dead. And Fear the Walking dead. And the Lonely Island.

It's amazing how much sense of humour and thoughtfulness can go, despite mocking my tastes she got me amazing birthday presents that was all stuff I liked and had expressed interest in and when you are constantly having a laugh with someone and there's no awkward silences then the lack of much in common is easier than you'd think to get past. Of all the relationships I've been in I think I have less in common with her than anyone I've been out with, yet it's been the happiest couple of months start to a relationship I've had, despite her insane tastes and inability to see that she's the idiot for her taste in films.

I could probably show her this post and she'd laugh about it so it's nice that there's never really any drama, I'm not a cheating qunt so there won't be any problems there.

Have both once said the "L" word but when she said it we were both practically asleep and I think she thought I was asleep as I hadn't said anything for a while and didn't respond and then when saying goodbye at the train station I casually said it as I was walking away and not sure she heard me. 

Still wondering whether sense of humour and basically being a good person is enough because surely there's going to be nothing we enjoy watching or doing together at some point but we shall see. Plus she does drink too much for my liking but then I am a bit over sensitive on that front, would just rather it was a couple of glasses when we are out as opposed to drinking most of the night. She does stop when she's pissed and she's not an alcoholic but pissed girlfriends aren't fun to be around when you're tee total.

Anyway, there's another post for March, bit of a ramble again but hey ho  Laughing.

Been reading your relationship updates with a chuckle, vilks. Against my better judgement, I've somehow stumbled into a partnership with someone who has quickly become my whole world. "L" words all over the place. "M" bombs even being dropped here and there. It's a bit overwhelming, if I'm honest - but in a good way. I think. 95% certain it's in a good way. Low 90s. High 80s at the very least...

But our tastes are, on the surface, quite similar. Musically, we're into generally the same kind of stuff, but she's more at the poppy, commercial end of the scale, while I veer towards bands' more introspective and chin-stroking offerings, like the pretentious twat I am. I refuse to yield over Olly f*cking Murs, though.

Films have yet to become an issue, although she looked at me funny all the way through Blades of Glory, after I'd insisted that it was quite enjoyable. (I totally heard her laughing for the duration, though...) I've not tested the waters with any "serious" movies as yet, but I tend to fall asleep halfway through any film that requires a degree of concentration these days in any case...

She has not, thus far, been giving out positive vibes vis a vis cricket, but I'm a little bit out of love with it myself at the moment, so that's not a problem... for now.

Best of luck to you crazy kids. Finding someone to share your life with is a wonderful thing. I think. 95% certain...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 01 Apr 2016, 16:55

Good for you Dello. Brings a smile to this old roman-tic.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 01 Apr 2016, 17:30

Good for you, lovers. Life's not just cricket. Or even music. Enjoy life.

Don't go too gooey-eyed though. It's not a good look. It doesn't bring good luck. Can be scary.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 01 Apr 2016, 18:18

Dello wrote:
vilkrang wrote:Girlfriend thing is going better. Have decided to accept that she likes shit music and whilst she does have a decent taste in modern films, she won't accept any sci fi or anything old. 

It does still piss me off though. Wanted to start watching Hustle as I know her quite well now and knew she would like it. On principle she delayed and delayed and delayed and it was only when having dinner with her friends and they said "Oh you should watch Hustle, it's good" that she decided to give it a go and lo and behold she liked it (as I knew she would).

And then I have to defend films like Apocalypse Now, The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Leon, any decent sci film ever made and basically any film made before 1995 not just from accusations that they aren't any good, but mocking, actual mocking of me for liking said films, as though it's somehow ridiculous to like some of the best films of all time.

She also failed to get both Hitler and Winston Churchill when playing 20 questions and asked me to pick something easier.

I've just gone on another rant, this was meant to be me saying things are going better now... We both like walking at least. And also both like the Walking Dead. And Fear the Walking dead. And the Lonely Island.

It's amazing how much sense of humour and thoughtfulness can go, despite mocking my tastes she got me amazing birthday presents that was all stuff I liked and had expressed interest in and when you are constantly having a laugh with someone and there's no awkward silences then the lack of much in common is easier than you'd think to get past. Of all the relationships I've been in I think I have less in common with her than anyone I've been out with, yet it's been the happiest couple of months start to a relationship I've had, despite her insane tastes and inability to see that she's the idiot for her taste in films.

I could probably show her this post and she'd laugh about it so it's nice that there's never really any drama, I'm not a cheating qunt so there won't be any problems there.

Have both once said the "L" word but when she said it we were both practically asleep and I think she thought I was asleep as I hadn't said anything for a while and didn't respond and then when saying goodbye at the train station I casually said it as I was walking away and not sure she heard me. 

Still wondering whether sense of humour and basically being a good person is enough because surely there's going to be nothing we enjoy watching or doing together at some point but we shall see. Plus she does drink too much for my liking but then I am a bit over sensitive on that front, would just rather it was a couple of glasses when we are out as opposed to drinking most of the night. She does stop when she's pissed and she's not an alcoholic but pissed girlfriends aren't fun to be around when you're tee total.

Anyway, there's another post for March, bit of a ramble again but hey ho  Laughing.

Been reading your relationship updates with a chuckle, vilks. Against my better judgement, I've somehow stumbled into a partnership with someone who has quickly become my whole world. "L" words all over the place. "M" bombs even being dropped here and there. It's a bit overwhelming, if I'm honest - but in a good way. I think. 95% certain it's in a good way. Low 90s. High 80s at the very least...

But our tastes are, on the surface, quite similar. Musically, we're into generally the same kind of stuff, but she's more at the poppy, commercial end of the scale, while I veer towards bands' more introspective and chin-stroking offerings, like the pretentious twat I am. I refuse to yield over Olly f*cking Murs, though.

Films have yet to become an issue, although she looked at me funny all the way through Blades of Glory, after I'd insisted that it was quite enjoyable. (I totally heard her laughing for the duration, though...) I've not tested the waters with any "serious" movies as yet, but I tend to fall asleep halfway through any film that requires a degree of concentration these days in any case...

She has not, thus far, been giving out positive vibes vis a vis cricket, but I'm a little bit out of love with it myself at the moment, so that's not a problem... for now.

Best of luck to you crazy kids. Finding someone to share your life with is a wonderful thing. I think. 95% certain...

Good luck with this.

Oddly enough I would guess that most long term posters here have been in long term stable relationships.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 01 Apr 2016, 21:38

taipan wrote:

Good luck with this.

Oddly enough I would guess that most long term posters here have been in long term stable relationships.

Thanks, taips. To be fair, to be a cricket fan I think you have to have a predisposition for being in it for the long haul... aye-aye
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:24

So - not dead, just shagged out?

Good news, Dello.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:26

Welly well well, now we know why our former Grand Poohbah has been AWOL. He's done his nuts.

Fantastic stuff, D. Enjoy the ride. cheers aces
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105971

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:28

This is also why you're down to under 100 posts a day ...

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:32

Well, I was pondering posting something once I read Dello's confessions. But yes, I have waddled terrified back into the dating game and have happened upon a wonderful lady. I had last "dated" 35 years earlier so I was well shocked at how much the game has changed.

I'll tell some amusing stories about my first week back on the horse last year another time. It was a remarkable week that blew my mind a tad, and had my middle brother texting me madly for the latest Bold and Beautiful update. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:35

I don't think FB is ready for some of your stories.

Just enjoy yourself, and ... er ... lap it up.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:36

Hehehe. I will use some decorum if I share any of the ride with my forum buds. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:44

There is a theme emerging, though.

Woody/RD, bless him, always said that chicks were evil. The departures of Batty (married), tac (engaged, maybe married), and Smerky (found the sheep of his dreams?); along with the diminished output from yourself and Dello argue RD's case strongly. There has also been a serious decline in the use of Vilkish in recent times, and it is in danger of becoming a lost language. I have heard scarcely credible rumours of taily and merlin finally getting together, too, which would account for their absence. No doubt they are slaking their unbridled lust whilst murmuring sweet nothings to one another ...

Are 'chicks' in fact more evil than Dubbers, as RD long contended?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:45

Mine hates cricket incidentally. Anything sport or geekiness related in fact, but we have found a lot of films we both like, as long as they are modern, decent and not chick flicks, she does like a lot of shit on the TV but there's enough decent stuff there to work with, particularly comedy (both have similar sense of humour).

Most of all she's incredibly thoughtful, particularly around the whole drinking issue, has gone above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and despite her having a terrible memory in general if there's something that bothers me she will always go out of her way to not upset me. Quite a catch. 

A slightly pissed bloke came up to us the other day and looked at her and then looked at me, laughed at me and then asked her "what the f*ck are you doing with this bloke?" which made me laugh but I do sometimes wonder as well, particularly with my rather chequered past  Laughing.

And nice one Skulls (and dello), can't be easy but good to hear you are back out there, all the best to you  boozin.

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:52

Cheers vilks. It has put a spring back in my step after a long period of sadness.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:58

vilkrang wrote:A slightly pissed bloke came up to us the other day and looked at her and then looked at me, laughed at me and then asked her "what the f*ck are you doing with this bloke?" which made me laugh but I do sometimes wonder as well, particularly with my rather chequered past

What a qunt. Hope you introduced yourself properly ... 'the names Long, Miles Long'.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 23:16

lardbucket wrote:
vilkrang wrote:A slightly pissed bloke came up to us the other day and looked at her and then looked at me, laughed at me and then asked her "what the f*ck are you doing with this bloke?" which made me laugh but I do sometimes wonder as well, particularly with my rather chequered past

What a qunt. Hope you introduced yourself properly ... 'the names Long, Miles Long'.
Took it as a compliment to be honest, I'm not the jealous type and if a bloke likes the look of my missus then he's welcome to stare.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 02 Apr 2016, 01:46

Looking at the thread title again:

Good to see "there's life in the old dog yet".

If not so much in the Forum.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 04:16

I have frequented boards with less posts still considered "alive" although that board did eventually turn in to a graveyard so maybe not the best example Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:39

This Forum. ...

Only on The Bails could a lament on the terminal decline of itself, its own imminent demise, morph into a rhapsody about the wonderfulness of life, the thrill of considerate people, the propagation of the species, and everything sunshine.

In a mere couple of pages, from tumbleweed and desolation, from Paris, Texas and The Specials' Ghost Town ...... to Sammy Davis Jnr at his irrepressibly chirpiest. The King & I can go eat their hearts out.

(Serious question for Lardy or another with a good technical grasp of music: "Ghost Town" and "Hello Young Lovers" sound weirdly related, melodically speaking - like two sides of the same coin, grim fatalism and skipping optimism. Am I imagining this?)

As Maruvaki The Martian muttered to me: Strange people, these earthlings.

Only on the Bails.

See? I knew there was hope. And they were just the wrong lollipops, sunshine at the wrong time ... Wink

This post is partly serious. Goodwill to all!
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 02 Apr 2016, 16:25

Dello wrote:

Oh. My. F*cking. Gosh. No way! Well done man! I didn't think you had it in you. It warms my heart.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 02 Apr 2016, 16:30

Brass Monkey wrote:
Dello wrote:

Oh. My. F*cking. Gosh. No way! Well done man! I didn't think you had it in you. It warms my heart.

The mobile phone was the beginning of the end.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 02 Apr 2016, 17:06

vilkrang wrote:
lardbucket wrote:

Took it as a compliment to be honest, I'm not the jealous type and if a bloke likes the look of my missus then he's welcome to stare.

Yeah man - I get the whole 'you've done well' quite a lot. It's all good IMO Wink
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next