Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum - Dead then?

+23
LeFromage
tricycle
Ethics? The Gall!
Lindsay no.2
Growler
Big Dog
Bradman
furriner
embee
skully
horace
JGK
lardbucket
Demelza
DJ_Smerk
Basil
PeterCS
G.Wood
Brass Monkey
taipan
Invader Zim
bodyline
Henry
27 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

This forum - Dead then? - Page 3 Empty Re: This forum - Dead then?

Post by skully Tue 09 Feb 2016, 08:38

lardbucket wrote:Warnie's had his latest pathetic little whinge about Steve Waugh. That should generate some traffic.

What'd he say?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Feb 2016, 08:40

Nevermind, found it.

Still bitter and twisted about his dropping in the WI. Sook. A deadset legend, but a sook all the same.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 09 Feb 2016, 08:47

pathetic ... he must have a new book or TV programme to promote

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Feb 2016, 08:53

Aye. But I'm sure the mighty SRW would've just shrugged and rolled his eyes.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 09 Feb 2016, 09:10

skully wrote:Aye. But I'm sure the mighty SRW would've just shrugged and rolled his eyes.

And then went back to contemplating his average.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Feb 2016, 09:22

Hehe, you are nothing if not predictable, h. Laughing
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 09 Feb 2016, 09:24

Hehe. I aim to please!
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Tue 09 Feb 2016, 13:15

skully wrote:Nevermind, found it.

Still bitter and twisted about his dropping in the WI. Sook. A deadset legend, but a sook all the same.

Jeez, he's a fcuking dullard isn't he ?

2 wickets at 134 in 3 tests, compared with MacGill's 7 at 31, and puts his arse on feeling hard done by / scapegoated when he's dropped.

He's the rusty penknife on a tray of shiny new razor blades.
Growler
Growler

This forum - Dead then? - Page 3 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Feb 2016, 13:36

Growler wrote:

2 wickets at 134 in 3 tests, compared with MacGill's 7 at 31, and puts his arse on feeling hard done by / scapegoated when he's dropped.

Bizarre.

We went to selection. I hadn't bowled well [and] we had lost - Brian Lara batted unreal - but I felt like I was being the scapegoat, that because I didn't bowl well it was my fault.

So exactly whose fault was it?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 09 Feb 2016, 14:10

taipan wrote:
Growler wrote:

Bizarre.

We went to selection. I hadn't bowled well [and] we had lost - Brian Lara batted unreal - but I felt like I was being the scapegoat, that because I didn't bowl well it was my fault.

skully's
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Feb 2016, 15:11

embee wrote:
taipan wrote:
Growler wrote:

Bizarre.

skully's

Thank fark Warne doesn't know, he'll put a hit on him.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 16:23

Have one of those girl friend things so haven't been posting much...

Not sure how much longer it's going to last though so might be on here a bit more in a month or two. We both have a similar sense of humour but we don't agree much on films (she can't understand how anyone can like films made before the mid 90s despite some of the best films of all time being made before the mid 90s) and with regards to food the conversation usually goes with me saying "Shall we go to ** for some food?" and she will say "Oh I don't like **" so I'll say "Have you ever tried **??" and she'll say "No".

She thought The Usual Suspects was really shit, was even taking the piss out of me for liking it and was laughing with her mates about how shit it was. Then tries to get me to watch Bates Motel which I agreed to and then found out she hadn't seen Psycho, she said she would want to watch the film the series is based on until she found out it was an old film. 

It's not just the not liking old films that grates, it's the assumption that liking old films is ridiculous, like there is something inherently irredeemable about them and she laughs about it with her friends about some shit old films that I'm "making" her watch.

She thought Ex Machina was great so I described Blade Runner explaining that it explores similar themes and has some of the most beautiful cinematography and amazing world created for it. But because it was made in the 1980s the look on her face just dropped. It's f*cking infuriating.

Cracking pair and pretty face though plus she's easy to get along with apart from those things, but the film and food issues are getting more annoying every time I see her for the weekend.

She's extremely thoughtful and kind so maybe I'm being a bit qunty by focussing on such minor things, compared to the other women I dated last year she's a god send so maybe these cracks will iron out, but I love food, and I love films so having such fundamental disagreements on them is irritating (she does like decent recent films or at least not terrible films).

I've gone on a bit of a rant there, was originally just meant to be a "have a gf so not been posting" type post  Laughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Feb 2016, 18:30

Maybe she needs a shag.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 09 Feb 2016, 18:43

Vilks, we need frequent updates.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Feb 2016, 18:47

On the shag?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 19:12

vilkrang wrote:Have one of those girl friend things so haven't been posting much...

Not sure how much longer it's going to last though so might be on here a bit more in a month or two. We both have a similar sense of humour but we don't agree much on films (she can't understand how anyone can like films made before the mid 90s despite some of the best films of all time being made before the mid 90s) and with regards to food the conversation usually goes with me saying "Shall we go to ** for some food?" and she will say "Oh I don't like **" so I'll say "Have you ever tried **??" and she'll say "No".

She thought The Usual Suspects was really shit, was even taking the piss out of me for liking it and was laughing with her mates about how shit it was. Then tries to get me to watch Bates Motel which I agreed to and then found out she hadn't seen Psycho, she said she would want to watch the film the series is based on until she found out it was an old film. 

It's not just the not liking old films that grates, it's the assumption that liking old films is ridiculous, like there is something inherently irredeemable about them and she laughs about it with her friends about some shit old films that I'm "making" her watch.

She thought Ex Machina was great so I described Blade Runner explaining that it explores similar themes and has some of the most beautiful cinematography and amazing world created for it. But because it was made in the 1980s the look on her face just dropped. It's f*cking infuriating.

Cracking pair and pretty face though plus she's easy to get along with apart from those things, but the film and food issues are getting more annoying every time I see her for the weekend.

She's extremely thoughtful and kind so maybe I'm being a bit qunty by focussing on such minor things, compared to the other women I dated last year she's a god send so maybe these cracks will iron out, but I love food, and I love films so having such fundamental disagreements on them is irritating (she does like decent recent films or at least not terrible films).

I've gone on a bit of a rant there, was originally just meant to be a "have a gf so not been posting" type post  Laughing.

I'm hearing you man... but they seem reasonably minor points. Usually you 'grow' to like some of the things the other person likes, so it's no real biggedy - it's just that you're doing datey things, which is dinner and films. When you get down to the possible more regular cohabitation, you could find it's all good. Kindness, for instance, is a nice trait to have. So's a good grill and superchebs. Putting your penis into something is also a 'nice to have'. Chill baby.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Feb 2016, 19:39

Best of luck, vilks.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsay no.2 Tue 09 Feb 2016, 20:04

Have to disagree with Monkey on this. So sit back and prepare for some Richard Madeley-esque cod psychology.

If your lady really can't fathom how people can like films made before the 90s then I'd suggest that hints at potentially major personality issues. If she can't grasp that concept (is it even a concept?) then how would she deal with things that really matter. I'd say that down the road you will be confronted with more foibles and that in time these foibles will change from being minor irritants to things which make you want to punch yourself in the face until you're unconscious.

Out of interest does she apply that thinking to other things? How about books? Anything before the 80s? That Shakespeare guy, rubbish obviously. Is there a music rule - pre 1 Direction is the cut-off?

That said I'm guilty of overlooking all manner of warning signs in favour of cracking norks and a pretty face, shit I even got married using that logic (spoiler alert - it didn't last that long).

So roll the dice chief.

Lindsay no.2

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 20:25

Very Happy damn, sugar, you've been fuuuccckkked uuupppp by some significant other, haven't you?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 09 Feb 2016, 21:36

I think we are in an odd time. Our Pommy mates are low posters during periods of English success. Fortunately, these periods rarely last too long. A few standard thrashings brings an upswing of postings. Even Monkey develops an interest in cricket. Sadly a number of posters have left over the years as a result of bullying, ennui and sexism.

Personally I miss the diversity and general madness of earlier days.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Wed 10 Feb 2016, 02:07

vilkrang wrote:Have one of those girl friend things so haven't been posting much...

have you tried playing a dvd of a great old film she hasn't heard of without warning of its age?

youre not gonna know whether either of you will be able to deal with the others foibles unless you give it time. and if the racks that good its worth giving it time
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 10 Feb 2016, 03:43

Brass Monkey wrote:

I'm hearing you man... but they seem reasonably minor points. Usually you 'grow' to like some of the things the other person likes, so it's no real biggedy - it's just that you're doing datey things, which is dinner and films. When you get down to the possible more regular cohabitation, you could find it's all good. Kindness, for instance, is a nice trait to have. So's a good grill and superchebs. Putting your penis into something is also a 'nice to have'. Chill baby.

Lindsay no.2 wrote:Have to disagree with Monkey on this. So sit back and prepare for some Richard Madeley-esque cod psychology.

If your lady really can't fathom how people can like films made before the 90s then I'd suggest that hints at potentially major personality issues. If she can't grasp that concept (is it even a concept?) then how would she deal with things that really matter. I'd say that down the road you will be confronted with more foibles and that in time these foibles will change from being minor irritants to things which make you want to punch yourself in the face until you're unconscious.

Out of interest does she apply that thinking to other things? How about books? Anything before the 80s? That Shakespeare guy, rubbish obviously. Is there a music rule - pre 1 Direction is the cut-off?

That said I'm guilty of overlooking all manner of warning signs in favour of cracking norks and a pretty face, shit I even got married using that logic (spoiler alert - it didn't last that long).

So roll the dice chief.

My forum visit today is now worthwhile. Outstanding work vilks, Danny, Lindsay.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 10 Mar 2016, 11:57

Jayzus, we are not even at 800 posts at a third of the way through the month. Can the WT20 (God help us) save us from breaking the all time lowest posting month of April 2014 when we couldn't even crack 2,000 posts??

FTR, the lowest monthly post count record is 1,953. April 2014 is the only month we have ever failed to crack 2,000 pearls of wisdom.

Where's Dello with his saving banalities???
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sun 13 Mar 2016, 18:17

Perhaps we need a forum murder to liven things up.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 13 Mar 2016, 20:25

A Forum murder you say? sherlock
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next