Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

+21
Basil
Merlin
Paul Keating
Henry
G.Wood
lardbucket
PeterCS
Anthony_Gonzales
The One
JGK
Lara Lara Laughs
Big Dog
tricycle
taipan
horace
embee
Brass Monkey
furriner
spangler
skully
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 18 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Bradman Thu 17 Mar 2016, 04:41

Henry wrote:I've found the people vs OJ Simpson a bit 'meh' so far (I've only watched the first two episodes.

The most entertaining part of it all so far has been the astonishing transformation of John Travolta's face. He now looks like Arnold Swarzenegger's long lost orange-skinned brother.

I was flabbergasted to realise that was where the whole Kardashian "big deal" came from. Once I realised people weren't talking about Star Trek whenever they were mentioned (that took years), I just assumed one of them was a failed model/starlet who'd fluked a reality show.

And I watch Downton Abbey if only to see if Lady Mary will get her much deserved come uppance and be reduced to posing for the type of postcards sold at Brighton back then, but not next to issues of "Bubbles and the Children's Fairy".
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 18 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by horace Thu 17 Mar 2016, 04:46

Must say I am shocked. Old colonial types nostalgic for the empah I can sort of understand, but am truly shocked by ???
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 17 Mar 2016, 04:51

horace wrote:Must say I am shocked. Old colonial types nostalgic for the empah I can sort of understand, but am truly shocked by ???

Descended from Robber Barons and more importantly their very well estate managed, ill gotten gains.

But seriously. Lady Mary and the Kardashians.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 17 Mar 2016, 05:06

Bradman wrote:
horace wrote:Must say I am shocked. Old colonial types nostalgic for the empah I can sort of understand, but am truly shocked by ???

Descended from Robber Barons and more importantly their very well estate managed, ill gotten gains.

But seriously. Lady Mary and the Kardashians.

Lol. My dad used to threaten to include me in his will.

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 17 Mar 2016, 05:08

Best thing about having a lot to leave is I have a remarkably well behaved son, once the difference between continental and anglo estate law was explained.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 17 Mar 2016, 05:24

ROFL...nothing like the bribe to subscribe.

My dad's threat to include me in the will sporadically kept me near the straight and narrow.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 17 Mar 2016, 06:50

skully wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:FINALLY got round to watching the first series of Better Call Saul.... Awesome. Just awesome.

Seconded, Dan. Brilliant writing. Love Michael McKean's role as Jimmy's electromagnetism hypersensitive older brother. And great to see Mike and Tuco again.

Yeah, Chuck probably made the series - made Jimmy more loveable. Fantastic.

Must admit - I didn't realise it was Tuco to start off with - he looked so old! *ahem* I mean young!
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2016, 22:13

Anyone watched second season of Daredevil yet? 

Shane from The Walking Dead makes a damn fine Punisher.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 30 Mar 2016, 22:48

Line of Duty.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 06 Apr 2016, 19:35

I'm thinking I may like Better Call Saul more than Breaking Bad. Also, I've got a big thing for Kim.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 06 Apr 2016, 23:48

Just completed the whole series of 'The Night Manager'. Top quality, sophisticated drama.

But Tom Hiddleston is no James Bond (which is now the rumour)
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 07 Apr 2016, 02:26

Brass Monkey wrote:I'm thinking I may like Better Call Saul more than Breaking Bad. Also, I've got a big thing for Kim.

Aye. Jimmy is boxing way above his weight with Ms Wexler.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 07 Apr 2016, 02:31

But it must go all pear-shaped seeing as Kim doesn't appear at all in Breaking Bad.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 07 Apr 2016, 03:08

I'm also wondering if Mike has something to do with Tio Salamanca's massive stroke that leaves him a mute, bell-ringing, wheelchair shitter.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Apr 2016, 12:42

In the latest ep of Better Call Saul (S02E09) we may have seen why Michael McKean's character wasn't in Breaking Bad either.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016, 13:47

Fantastic episode, it really is such a great series.

It amazes me how The Walking Dead and Better Call Saul have the same running time, yet most mid season TWD episodes seem to take forever yet BCS episodes seem to be over in a flash.

I still watch TWD as it can be amazing but BCS is consistently brilliant in an understated way, it's not as in your face or exciting as Breaking Bad but it's brilliantly written and a joy to still have a decent show running that is set in the Breaking Bad universe.

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Apr 2016, 14:43

vilkrang wrote:It amazes me how The Walking Dead and Better Call Saul have the same running time, yet most mid season TWD episodes seem to take forever yet BCS episodes seem to be over in a flash.

Aye vilks, just fantastic writing.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 14 Apr 2016, 03:17

Has anyone watched Black Mirror? The episode with the Cameron and the pig - no lipstick - was a hoot
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 14 Apr 2016, 04:53

Is anyone planning to watch the Shannara Chronicles that starts (in Aust at least) next week?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 15:25

horace wrote:Has anyone watched Black Mirror? The episode with the Cameron and the pig - no lipstick  - was a hoot
Crack(l)ing series. Came about before the pig f*cker revelations too, so rather prescient!

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 16 Apr 2016, 21:51

JGK wrote:Is anyone planning to watch the Shannara Chronicles that starts (in Aust at least) next week?

Sounds like its just a Lord of the Rings ripoff but i might give it a go.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 20 Apr 2016, 13:27

S2 Finale of Better Call Saul seems to leave Jimmy in the poo. "Family" means nada to Chuck.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 20 Apr 2016, 14:39

Aye I watched it yesterday. Great finale.

Chuck is a grouse character. Great actor.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 16:04

Wasn't impressed with the finale. We learned nothing new, the episode felt like an episode near the end of a season to set up the last couple of episode or even the finale. But nothing was resolved, all of the story threads are left open.

I don't think that's how you should end a season, personally I would prefer they wrap up a few story threads, offer up some resolutions and once that's done then by all means leave a tasty cliffhanger as to what is in store for next season but nothing was wrapped up and I felt a bit cheated.

Reminded me of TWD finale in that it used a cheap cliffhanger to keep you watching without actually giving any substance or effective story telling to end the season, it's basically saying "tune in next year to find out what happened in the entire season you've just watched" which is poor writing in my mind. Maybe it's an AMC thing.

Up until the finale I had been enjoying it and I think with a couple of extra episodes it could have been a great season.

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 20 Apr 2016, 21:24

Aye vilks. I found it rather tedious and was waiting for some real action to occur. The "DON'T" note to Mike was interesting.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next