Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit

+27
whitburn
Bradman
Gary 111
eowyn
Merlin
Aditya
Big Dog
WideWally
beamer
PeterCS
tricycle
baggygreen
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
skully
JGK
Red
Brass Monkey
Basil
Hass
horace
Henry
G.Wood
taipan
furriner
Paul Keating
embee
31 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit  - Page 5 Empty Re: Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit

Post by Paul Keating Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:27

skully wrote:
lardbucket wrote:It's a strange world when a compliment made so publicly is twisted into something bad or sinister yet it's perfectly OK to systematically and persistently refer to opponents as ugly/nerdy little men, or run a campaign consistently portraying and lampooning them as stupid or monkey-like (both sides of US politics have been guilty of this).
Talk-back (GB and UE) was inundated with calls and emails saying "you're farken kidding me" to the "furore" (i.e. since when was it a crime to compliment a member of the fairer sex???). I suspect the Pinkos have again scored an own goal. Krudd is lurching from one clanger to the next, while Tony seems to be able to laugh off his few bloopers. His response today to the "sex appeal" line was "my daughter told me it was a "daggy dad" moment" which drew warm laughter from the journo pack. He also made some mileage out of his suppository line the previous day. Meanwhile Krudd continues to drive everyone nuts with the Kevin 13 fringe flick.

Krudd's bad hair day
And what was the talk back consensus on Rudd's son smoking a cigar?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit  - Page 5 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit  - Page 5 Empty Re: Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit

Post by skully Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:28

Brass Monkey wrote:
skully wrote:
Shit, sorry Dan!! Was there a moment there we weren't looking at and listening to you?? Humble apologies.
Sorry skully. You're right - threads can digress.

Just a bit tiring that you're basically campaigning for your party by shrieking a load of blotto-eyed shite, wherever you can fit it in. Obviously, carry on. Just nice to see another thread descend into a load of bilge, with you all chucking in bitter yet self-satisfied comments. Just like a thread called Aus Politics (XXV).
I post anything, anywhere, anytime, Dan, as long as it relates to the posts above mine. There was much debate a year or two ago when certain nazis wanted to have an Off-topic forum, leaving this sub-Forum solely for cricket discussion. It was quickly howled down by most of us as counter to the great Bails tradition of flying of on bizarre tangents.

I find it ironic that you sledged about whinging, then whinge about Politics being posted in this thread.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105949
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:30

Paul Keating wrote:
skully wrote:
lardbucket wrote:It's a strange world when a compliment made so publicly is twisted into something bad or sinister yet it's perfectly OK to systematically and persistently refer to opponents as ugly/nerdy little men, or run a campaign consistently portraying and lampooning them as stupid or monkey-like (both sides of US politics have been guilty of this).
Talk-back (GB and UE) was inundated with calls and emails saying "you're farken kidding me" to the "furore" (i.e. since when was it a crime to compliment a member of the fairer sex???). I suspect the Pinkos have again scored an own goal. Krudd is lurching from one clanger to the next, while Tony seems to be able to laugh off his few bloopers. His response today to the "sex appeal" line was "my daughter told me it was a "daggy dad" moment" which drew warm laughter from the journo pack. He also made some mileage out of his suppository line the previous day. Meanwhile Krudd continues to drive everyone nuts with the Kevin 13 fringe flick.

Krudd's bad hair day
And what was the talk back consensus on Rudd's son smoking a cigar?
Bolts' exact words where "Meh". No talkback nor concensus - a non-topic, even though some papers attempted to run with it.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:51

skully wrote:
I find it ironic that you sledged about whinging, then whinge about Politics being posted in this thread.
Fair point. Carry on the campaign. You could persuade a few forummers yet.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by baggygreen Wed 14 Aug 2013, 13:13

Aww, did the baby get offended at being called a hypocrite and throw the bath water out?

Must be true then, SGDT. Rolling Eyes
baggygreen
baggygreen

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2012-10-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 14 Aug 2013, 14:11

I'm blaming Marty for trolling this whole thing off by flinging some weirdly Horatian anti-Tasmanian prejudice at the Aussie skipper.

Okay, Paul Keating might have called for it, but the arse-shaking lizardry started right there in that title.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Wed 14 Aug 2013, 16:26

How does it even matter if the purported piece of shit is toxic? It's still excrement, still unpalatable.

Aditya

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 14 Aug 2013, 16:31

- Similar topics

» ... 3-piece shafts, shaft lengths {detectors}

PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 14 Aug 2013, 17:15

Brass Monkey wrote:
taipan wrote:It has replaced cricket as the Aussie national sport.
Don't agree with that. Whinging is the new Aussie national sport.
both the libs and the labs are as skilled at politics as the Oz cricket team....the only effect of the Oz election has been the surge in white saffie requests to migrate here
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 18:07

horace wrote:
both the libs and the labs are as skilled at politics as the Oz cricket team....the only effect of the Oz election has been the surge in white saffie requests to migrate here
I was partially thinking of you, as you've taken it up as a profession *cough* pitch doctor *cough*
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 14 Aug 2013, 21:17

baggygreen wrote:Aww, did the baby get offended at being called a hypocrite and throw the bath water out?

Must be true then, SGDT. Rolling Eyes
You are such an immature Wozzie sook. You sling personal insults (when I merely reported what the papers and media were saying about your beloved Krudd in response to a Q from another poster) then cry like a West Coast Eagles player caught for drug taking when someone sledges you back. Grow a pair, you Pinko sandy-vaginaed imbecile. If you wanna give it, learn to take it, ya dickhead. Rolling Eyes
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 14 Aug 2013, 23:49

Pitch it up ffs! Half-trackers are a mug's game.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 15 Aug 2013, 00:09

Aditya wrote:How does it even matter if the purported piece of shit is toxic? It's still excrement, still unpalatable.
Unpalatable?!!

Toxic makes it worse though. Contagious. Maybe infectious. You don't actually need to ingest it to feel queasy.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 15 Aug 2013, 00:10

even treading in it might make you ill, perhaps

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 15 Aug 2013, 00:13

Perish the thought.

And foot.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 15 Aug 2013, 00:16

press on, underterred (sic)

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 15 Aug 2013, 00:23

Easier said than dung.

Tissues or scraper, copious amounts of water, and clothes peg needed. Not necessarily in that order.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 15 Aug 2013, 01:10

PeterCS wrote:
Aditya wrote:How does it even matter if the purported piece of shit is toxic? It's still excrement, still unpalatable.
Unpalatable?!!

Toxic makes it worse though. Contagious. Maybe infectious. You don't actually need to ingest it to feel queasy.
He could be Black Ivory Coffee
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26213
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 15 Aug 2013, 01:16

Improved with each passing moment?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Thu 15 Aug 2013, 01:22

So what IS the difference between MC and a bucket of shit?

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 15 Aug 2013, 01:24

7621 Test runs and counting.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 15 Aug 2013, 01:52

Fred Nerk wrote:So what IS the difference between MC and a bucket of shit?
The bucket
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 15 Aug 2013, 19:00

taipan wrote:
In a moment of masochism yesterday I read a Chappelli Cricinfo article wherein he explained why Clarke was a far better captain than Cook.
Was that James Cook, the talented if unlucky Master Mariner (1728 -1779)?

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 18 Aug 2013, 03:58

embee wrote:Australia lost the key moments of this test

the start of day three when they were 5 down with the last 1.5 recognised batsmen at the crease and about 12 runs behind ...both were out before the score was passed ...and the tail wagged minimally to give a 30 run lead

When Bell and Prior went in successive balls the poms responded with a flurry of boundaries and added enough runs to put them into a comfortable position  

Oz folded from 1-120 to all out for another 100ish

If the Test was a boxing bout then Oz would have led on points with a steady stream of low impact body shots but been knocked out by the 3 or 4 big punches thrown  

That's down to coaching/captaincy/management ...and Clarke needs to take responsibility for it  
My impression is that if the series were scored session by session, Australia may even have 'won' one or two more sessions than England. However, and critically, in a few of the sessions that England has won, Australia hasn't even shown up. To put it another way ...  it'd be interesting to score each session of the series, allocating 10 points between the teams. There would be quite a few scored 7-3 and 6-4 Oz's way, but sadly there have been at least 3 sessions OTTOMH that would have been scored 10 zip to England, with Australia utterly pathetic. The sessions that Australia have lost really badly have cost them matches, and ultimately the Ashes.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 23 Aug 2013, 02:52

Matthew Hayden believes the decision to anoint Michael Clarke as the next Australian captain from a young age instead of grooming a group of candidates contributed to a lost generation of leaders, and has implored Cricket Australia to invest heavily in the next group of potential captains.
Hayden, the Test great and former CA board member, said he raised concerns about the leadership void when he was a director, between 2009 and 2011.
What we've seen recently, for example in India, is a bunch of guys just doing what they wanted to do, that just reeks of a poor leadership culture.

''If there is one element in my time that has lost its way it's the development of a leadership culture. The fact that Michael Clarke was promoted at 21 to be the next captain was a mistake. Whilst I think he is now a natural choice as captain, I think it needed a lot more behind-the-scenes support and resources into developing a really strong, vibrant community of leaders,'' said the man who shared Australia's most successful opening partnership with Justin Langer.
Spekaing his mind: Matthew Hayden.
Spekaing his mind: Matthew Hayden.
''That is something I really enjoyed in my time - leadership forums, we had keynote presenters come into the group, a number of tasks in thinking as a captain, great role models in the current leaders, getting some net practice on that. I said that when I was on the board, that was one of my key concerns.''
Advertisement
The absence of strong leaders was laid bare with the ''homework'' fiasco in India, and in the chaotic prelude to the Ashes which culminated with the sacking of Mickey Arthur.
Hayden said it would take time for coach Darren Lehmann to get players to buy into a strong team culture because they needed to feel secure about their spots first.
Michael Clarke.
Michael Clarke in the nets. Photo: Getty Images
''What we've seen recently, for example in India, is a bunch of guys just doing what they wanted to do, that just reeks of a poor leadership culture … If I was the boss, I'm James Sutherland now, I'm saying I want to put together the best leadership program the game has ever seen.''
The recall of the experienced, resilient Brad Haddin as vice-captain has helped plug the leadership gap in England, but CA has asked states to identify emerging leaders in an attempt to groom potential successors to Clarke.
Hayden believes Shane Watson's long-awaited third Test century at the Oval could be a breakthrough in the former vice-captain's career, and sympathised with his troubles against the moving ball in England.
''In England he is technically flawed because he gets across his crease, in Australia it's the perfect technique because the ball always bounces over the top of the stumps and you need to get closer to the ball with your feet. It makes you vulnerable in England but bulletproof in Australia,'' he said.
Hayden urged the national selectors not to discard young batsmen such as Usman Khawaja and Phil Hughes, pointing to his own long battle to establish himself.
''I know you can't reward people for poor performances but I'll never forget the day I walked out with Justin Langer in my 42nd Test and said the baggy green is starting to feel good. It takes time,'' he said.
''I feel for someone like Usman Khawaja because I think he is a fantastic player, I think he is well-organised, I think he has suffered at the mercy of the English conditions as a lot of great players before him have done.''
Hayden has been outspoken in his criticism of Arthur and believes it was a mistake to appoint a foreign coach.
''I don't think it works in any code. I didn't like it at the time and I still don't like it. To me a proud and traditional culture has to come from within our ranks and Boof [Lehmann] understands what that looks like.''

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cricket/hayden-hits-out-at-australias-leadership-void-20130822-2sekp.html#ixzz2ckj58AFA
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26213
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next